Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Hart
I do not recall him playing during the Seattle game... Hmm

Like Lap has said, when your name is not called, it means a good game for an O-Line player. I said pass to run ratio would be 70-30% but hell, Seattle had most of the game to tee-off on the O-Line, and Dalton, for the most part, had time to complete over 400 yards. Turner has done well thus far in getting the best players on the field and over achieving.

I do not know what PFF will be for Hart et al. but I really do not care. The entire line including Andre Smith showed me something.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What is truly amazing is they did it in the loudest stadium in the NFL. A place that offensive lines usually struggle playing at. And against one of the better DL in the NFL. We wont face many DLs as good as Seattle's. Their LB's are great too.
Reply/Quote
Bobby Hart was fairly solid until the fourth quarter. He played much better than he ever did in 2018. Now, with that said, I must be brutally honest. It’s not good enough yet. Andy Dalton was flushed from the pocket consistently to the left because Bobby Hart didn’t protect him long enough from the right. That’s the side of the pocket the Seahawks routinely collapsed.
Reply/Quote
I don't think the Bengals had one FS penalty. And on several third-and-longs (Seattle was in those a lot!), I saw Wilson do the hard count to try and get a free play to throw a bomb. Did the same on a third and four. Not one guy flinched. I don't think I have ever seen them play that disciplined. Dre's penalty was ticky-tacky and both players did the exact same shove less than one second apart, but Dre was shoved in the back. Still can't push back, but stupid as hell from the refs.

Cleveland had 7 personal fouls (that's 105 yards) and their LT was ejected. Totally different discipline, or lack thereof.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 08:59 AM)bengaloo Wrote: What is truly amazing is they did it in the loudest stadium in the NFL. A place that offensive lines usually struggle playing at. And against one of the better DL in the NFL. We wont face many DLs as good as Seattle's. Their LB's are great too.

We aren't going to actually credit the Bengals for signing Hart and believing he had the skills necessary to get the job done are we?  Or drafting Michael Jordan in the end of the fourth round?  Or going with Try Hopkins over Price at Center?  Or signing Andre Smith as a backup?  Or signing John Miller as a FA?

The Bengals management takes a lot of crap, and some of it is well-deserved, but if you are going to sling that much poo, you should also eat crow when it is served at your table.  (Not saying that is you, Bengaloo)
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 09:01 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Bobby Hart was fairly solid until the fourth quarter.  He played much better than he ever did in 2018.  Now, with that said, I must be brutally honest.  It’s not good enough yet.  Andy Dalton was flushed from the pocket consistently to the left because Bobby Hart didn’t protect him long enough from the right.  That’s the side of the pocket the Seahawks routinely collapsed.

Maybe use Sample and over-load the right side on occasion.  Remember, when the Bengals rushed, they did so most of the time up the middle to the chagrin of many fans.  The offensive plan was to set up PAP.  But Seattle did not have many worries on Bengals rushing the ball.  They could tee-off and Hart still did better than expected against a formidable DL.  Wagner is a beast too.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 09:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't think the Bengals had one FS penalty.  And on several third-and-longs (Seattle was in those a lot!), I saw Wilson do the hard count to try and get a free play to throw a bomb.  Did the same on a third and four.  Not one guy flinched.  I don't think I have ever seen them play that disciplined.  Dre's penalty was ticky-tacky and both players did the exact same shove less than one second apart, but Dre was shoved in the back.  Still can't push back, but stupid as hell from the refs.  

Cleveland had 7 personal fouls (that's 105 yards) and their LT was ejected.  Totally different discipline, or lack thereof.

I was impressed with the discipline also.  Additionally, from my eyes the defense appeared to play very fast, were constantly on the attack and really hand Wilson flustered.  On a couple of occasions he looked scared, ready to duck and get the heck out of the pocket.

Hate to lose, but if the team plays like they did Sunday all year they are going to be in and win a bunch of games.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 08:59 AM)bengaloo Wrote: What is truly amazing is they did it in the loudest stadium in the NFL. A place that offensive lines usually struggle playing at. And against one of the better DL in the NFL. We wont face many DLs as good as Seattle's. Their LB's are great too.

Trey Hopkins was superb i thought...with support from Miller they had the cadence, snap really tight in tough conditions.

Its such a shame Jonah Williams is hurt..no matter how you look at it OT is the weakness on the offense.  
Reply/Quote
Hart gave up the strip sack at the end on the last play I'm pretty sure. Other than that, I didn't notice him.

The whole line was bad at getting push on runs though, so I doubt any grade out that good.
Reply/Quote
Interestingly, the perception is our defensive line played great...and they did.

But, Seattle sacked Dalton 5 times.

We sacked Wilson 4 times.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 09:15 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I was impressed with the discipline also.  Additionally, from my eyes the defense appeared to play very fast, were constantly on the attack and really hand Wilson flustered.  On a couple of occasions he looked scared, ready to duck and get the heck out of the pocket.

Hate to lose, but if the team plays like they did Sunday all year they are going to be in and win a bunch of games.

Wilson is one of the best dual-threat QB in the league and he was running for his life.  Defense played very fast; like it was toward the end of the season.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 09:01 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Bobby Hart was fairly solid until the fourth quarter.  He played much better than he ever did in 2018.  Now, with that said, I must be brutally honest.  It’s not good enough yet.  Andy Dalton was flushed from the pocket consistently to the left because Bobby Hart didn’t protect him long enough from the right.  That’s the side of the pocket the Seahawks routinely collapsed.

Yup. He looked like his 2018 self in that 4th, but quarters 1-3 he was surprisingly solid. Hopefully he continues to improve and the lapse in the 4th was due to fatigue. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 09:17 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hart gave up the strip sack at the end on the last play I'm pretty sure. Other than that, I didn't notice him.

The whole line was bad at getting push on runs though, so I doubt any grade out that good.

True.  No push.  The only player I saw get any push this preseason was Price.  I guess, that is why they were just airing it out.  The screens would work if Dalton had better pocket presence and picked throwing lanes better.  Dalton has to improve in this area for the team to have greater success.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 09:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't think the Bengals had one FS penalty.  And on several third-and-longs (Seattle was in those a lot!), I saw Wilson do the hard count to try and get a free play to throw a bomb.  Did the same on a third and four.  Not one guy flinched.  I don't think I have ever seen them play that disciplined.  Dre's penalty was ticky-tacky and both players did the exact same shove less than one second apart, but Dre was shoved in the back.  Still can't push back, but stupid as hell from the refs.  

Cleveland had 7 personal fouls (that's 105 yards) and their LT was ejected.  Totally different discipline, or lack thereof.

They didn't ! Which is a total 180 from seasons past. There was a grand total of one penalty on the Oline - holding A. Smith Other two holding were on TE's.

We had 7 accepted penalties. Two were team, delay of game and illegal formation. Two were on D, and three holding on O. Plus two declined penalties on ST.

To have zero false starts and no offsides against a good hard counter like Wilson on the road in Seattle !!! Totally different level of discipline from what we're used to.

Way to go B. Hart and Co.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 09:29 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: They didn't ! Which is a total 180 from seasons past. There was a grand total of one penalty on the Oline - holding A. Smith Other two holding were on TE's.

We had 7 accepted penalties. Two were team, delay of game and illegal formation. Two were on D, and three holding on O. Plus two declined penalties on ST.

To have zero false starts and no offsides against a good hard counter like Wilson on the road in Seattle !!! Totally different level of discipline from what we're used to.

Way to go B. Hart and Co.

What exactly happened on that delay of game?  I saw Andy walk away from the line and thought someone called timeout.  It looked to me that there were still a couple of seconds on the play clock.  Granted, I was installing a ceiling fan at the same time, so I wasn't paying that much attention to the screen.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 09:34 AM)Earendil Wrote: What exactly happened on that delay of game?  I saw Andy walk away from the line and thought someone called timeout.  It looked to me that there were still a couple of seconds on the play clock.  Granted, I was installing a ceiling fan at the same time, so I wasn't paying that much attention to the screen.

Dalton looked at ZT to call T-O but it seemed ZT did not want to burn a T-O at that point.  Not sure though.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 09:34 AM)Earendil Wrote: What exactly happened on that delay of game?  I saw Andy walk away from the line and thought someone called timeout.  It looked to me that there were still a couple of seconds on the play clock.  Granted, I was installing a ceiling fan at the same time, so I wasn't paying that much attention to the screen.

It was a bit strange. I guess Andy thought ZT called TO and ZT thought Andy did ? Perhaps the only time the entire game where confusion seemed to rear it's head ?
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 09:21 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: True.  No push.  The only player I saw get any push this preseason was Price.  I guess, that is why they were just airing it out.  The screens would work if Dalton had better pocket presence and picked throwing lanes better.  Dalton has to improve in this area for the team to have greater success.  

The thing is, this offense isn't sustainable. We gave up 5 sacks. We have to run more for that simple reason.

If we only threw 25-30 times, we likely only give up 3 sacks.
Reply/Quote
I'm just going to flat out say the Oline gets the game ball. Yeah, Andy got sacked a few times, but he had a lot of time on a lot of plays, and in the loudest stadium in the league, facing an excellent dline, had 0 false starts. That's discipline. If they could have opened a running lane, we'd have run away with that game, but the pass pro was light years ahead of last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 09:49 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The thing is, this offense isn't sustainable. We gave up 5 sacks. We have to run more for that simple reason.

If we only threw 25-30 times, we likely only give up 3 sacks.

Bengals do not have Personnel to rush on the edge and get no push without Price in the game somewhere.  Maybe if Glenn plays, they will rush more against 49ers.  They need Sample to seal the right edge to get Gio or Mixon in space.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote