Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Hart
(09-09-2019, 02:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, at least they didn't get a flag for "False start... on every lineman except the Center" called on them like Pittsburgh did. I about spit up on that one..... Hilarious

That was so funny what the ref said and he said it with a straight face.  It was down right gut laughter for me.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 03:00 PM)samhain Wrote: That would be ideal, IMO.  I think things will work themselves out one way or the other with the interior line.  I don't think Price is written off yet, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him at OG at some point.  

RT is the last piece to be upgraded with youth and talent if all goes well.  However, it's going to be 3 years straight without spending a high pick on the defense.  5 out of the last 6 picks in rounds 1 and 2 have been offensive players.  That's going to have to change soon.   

Honestly, with the way the league is setup and how the rules favor offense, I think it's ok to use way more picks on the offensive side of the ball.

Build a team that pass rushes and has faster LB's and play a lot of DB's. THAT'S the route I'd go.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:46 PM)Earendil Wrote: Hilarious

You have a point.  This would all be moot if Andre had been able to stop Clowney from getting into the backfield to begin with.

Kind of a fine line on screen passes.  You have to let them come up field but how much is too much?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:14 PM)McC Wrote: Kind of a fine line on screen passes.  You have to let them come up field but how much is too much?

You want to slow them down at least a little bit.  Clowney was back there so fast, he looked at Andy like "Hey buddy! Wanna hug?"
Reply/Quote
Steelers Game: Right tackle Bobby Hart finished the nightmare with a 24.1 pass-block grade and allowed seven total pressures (15.2% pressure rate).

I believe he also had a hands to the face penalty that was declined and a false start.
Reply/Quote
Hart on the season now grades out at 46.4. 3 penalties. 3 sacks allowed. And A LOT of pressures.
Jordan 35.5 - 2 penalties. 4 sacks allowed.
Hopkins 71.7 - 0 penalties. 2 sacks allowed.
Miller 56.3 - 0 penalties. 1 sack allowed.
Price 50.0 - 1 penalty. 1 sack allowed.
Smith 49.4 - 4 penalties. 3 sacks allowed.
John Jerry 64.2
Reply/Quote
Give him time. The FO and staff see "something" in him, lol.
Reply/Quote
Hes not much of an offensive lineman but you do have to admit he is one hell of a detective....
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 03:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hart on the season now grades out at 46.4. 3 penalties. 3 sacks allowed. And A LOT of pressures.
Jordan 35.5 - 2 penalties. 4 sacks allowed.
Hopkins 71.7 - 0 penalties. 2 sacks allowed.
Miller 56.3 - 0 penalties. 1 sack allowed.
Price 50.0 - 1 penalty. 1 sack allowed.
Smith 49.4 - 4 penalties. 3 sacks allowed.
John Jerry 64.2

I wonder how much of these performance estimates are related to Jim Turner?  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 04:27 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I wonder how much of these performance estimates are related to Jim Turner?  

Absolutely some of it is on him.

When you see 2 offensive lineman double team 1 guy and let a 2nd guy come free...that's on Turner.

The Steelers got home with a 4 man rush on something like 40%. That's insanely high. And they targeted our line with stunts too.

Teams know our weaknesses and give us a steady dose of them.

Meanwhile...Taylor calls plays on offense like he's playing Madden.
Reply/Quote