Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Hart
Seattle was stacking the box too (and their front seven are pretty good, so I hear), so I'm glad they threw that much. In past years, the coaching staff would not have changed their plan accordingly. How many times did we hear from opposing defenses that they knew exactly what we were going to do?

Now, if they start airing it out that much every game, then I'll get concerned.

(09-09-2019, 09:42 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Dalton looked at ZT to call T-O but it seemed ZT did not want to burn a T-O at that point. Not sure though.

(09-09-2019, 09:44 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It was a bit strange. I guess Andy thought ZT called TO and ZT thought Andy did ? Perhaps the only time the entire game where confusion seemed to rear it's head ?

Ahh, thanks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good = no penalties
Bad = bad run blocking and giving up sacks and pressure
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 09:58 AM)Earendil Wrote: Seattle was stacking the box too (and their front seven are pretty good, so I hear), so I'm glad they threw that much.  In past years, the coaching staff would not have changed their plan accordingly.  How many times did we hear from opposing defenses that they knew exactly what we were going to do?

Now, if they start airing it out that much every game, then I'll get concerned.

Seattle was playing the same D NE played against the Rams in the Super Bowl. Coincidence, I think not....
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 09:17 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Interestingly, the perception is our defensive line played great...and they did.

But, Seattle sacked Dalton 5 times.

We sacked Wilson 4 times.

Dalton was sacked 5 times on 56 dropbacks.  Wilson was sacked 4 times on 24 dropbacks.
Reply/Quote
Bobby Hart is horrible. C'mon people!
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 09:55 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bengals do not have Personnel to rush on the edge and get no push without Price in the game somewhere.  Maybe if Glenn plays, they will rush more against 49ers.  They need Sample to seal the right edge to get Gio or Mixon in space.  

Glenn is actually a much better pass blocker than run blocker. He's a 340 lb finesse guy.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 09:21 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: True.  No push.  The only player I saw get any push this preseason was Price.  I guess, that is why they were just airing it out.  The screens would work if Dalton had better pocket presence and picked throwing lanes better.  Dalton has to improve in this area for the team to have greater success.  

The one screen that was going to Mixon where the ball got batted down was going to be a big play.  That was frustrating because it was a good play call that set up pretty well.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:14 PM)McC Wrote: The one screen that was going to Mixon where the ball got batted down was going to be a big play.  That was frustrating because it was a good play call that set up pretty well.

Interestingly, our screen passes in general seemed to net big yards. Couldn't always say that in years past.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Interestingly, our screen passes in general seemed to net big yards. Couldn't always say that in years past.

They ran a pretty good screen to Uzomah on the other side that worked well.  The difference was that Dalton didn't have to throw it over anyone.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 09:34 AM)Earendil Wrote: What exactly happened on that delay of game?  I saw Andy walk away from the line and thought someone called timeout.  It looked to me that there were still a couple of seconds on the play clock.  Granted, I was installing a ceiling fan at the same time, so I wasn't paying that much attention to the screen.

I saw the same thing. With about 2 seconds on the play clock, Andy walks to the sidelines. With stadium noise, I thought the whistle blew and I just didn't hear it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:18 PM)McC Wrote: They ran a pretty good screen to Uzomah on the other side that worked well.  The difference was that Dalton didn't have to throw it over anyone.

We ran TE screens in years past too.

The RB screens to Bernard seemed to work in the 2nd half nicely.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:33 AM)yang Wrote: Bobby Hart is horrible.  C'mon people!

Just stop
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We ran TE screens in years past too.

Kendricks vs Bernard, I'll take Bernard all day.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:25 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Kendricks vs Bernard, I'll take Bernard all day.

Kendricks got matched up on Ross too. Honestly Kendricks was fairly fast for a LB, but not fast enough.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We ran TE screens in years past too.

It sure did.  The key is not trying to float the ball over anyone.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:27 PM)McC Wrote: It sure did.  The key is not trying to float the ball over anyone.

Well we had so many passes too that they assumed another long one was coming. The Ross long plays set the screens up nicely.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:33 AM)yang Wrote: Bobby Hart is horrible.  C'mon people!

Sometimes it's okay to give credit where credit is due.  C'mon people!  Not everything is about an agenda.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:29 PM)McC Wrote: Sometimes it's okay to give credit where credit is due.  C'mon people!  Not everything is about an agenda.

I'm curious to see the PFF grades. I know Hart gave up a sack on the last play. Other than that, I didn't see any bad.

I think Andre Smith gave up atleast a couple sacks and more pressures.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:14 PM)McC Wrote: The one screen that was going to Mixon where the ball got batted down was going to be a big play.  That was frustrating because it was a good play call that set up pretty well.

I kind of wish he had pump-faked it just a bit to get Clowney off his feet before actually throwing it.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:33 PM)Earendil Wrote: I kind of wish he had pump-faked it just a bit to get Clowney off his feet before actually throwing it.

Or zinged it really hard in his sack, that would keep him from jumping up.....
Reply/Quote