Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Hart is just killing us!!!
(09-16-2020, 11:04 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Hart will be replaced in the Browns game if he allows Myles Garrett  to hit Burrow over and over. Hart has concrete in
His cleats and Jim Turner cant see it.

I don't see that as being the case.  When Hart is confident of what his assignment is, he is agile and physical.  The problem seems to be in either communication or coordination, as several times he was left standing there, as if to be thinking "was that MY guy?".

Either way, if falls onto the Coaching of Jim Turner and Brian Callahan.  If a play gets changed at the line, different from what was called in the huddle, those coaches need to ensure that all of the blockers are confident in what their assignments are.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
One plus is this SHOULD be the last year of Bobby Hart in stripes. He is an easy cut this offseason.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
TJ Watt vs Bobby Hart is an absolute nightmare matchup. Don’t let us get Burrow David Carr’d. All I ask.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 12:00 PM)Synric Wrote: One plus is this SHOULD be the last year of Bobby Hart in stripes. He is an easy cut this offseason.

I thought Hart signed a 3 year extension before last season. Wouldn't that mean we have 1 more season with him AFTER this season?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 12:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I thought Hart signed a 3 year extension before last season. Wouldn't that mean we have 1 more season with him AFTER this season?

Yes but there's a very easy out after this year. 1 million in dead cap and only bonus to be paid out is at the start of the season
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 12:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I thought Hart signed a 3 year extension before last season. Wouldn't that mean we have 1 more season with him AFTER this season?

We'd save almost $5 million if we cut Hart next season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Lets approach this way.. I saw Bobby Hart/ the first player followed by many to show Joe Burrow how excited they were to share in his first ever NFL touchdown.. Im seeing a family growing here..IM seeing great things coming
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 11:49 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't see that as being the case.  When Hart is confident of what his assignment is, he is agile and physical.  The problem seems to be in either communication or coordination, as several times he was left standing there, as if to be thinking "was that MY guy?".

Either way, if falls onto the Coaching of Jim Turner and Brian Callahan.  If a play gets changed at the line, different from what was called in the huddle, those coaches need to ensure that all of the blockers are confident in what their assignments are.

I agree Sunset.  I see that same confusion.  And we all know a confused football player will never be a good football player.

I don't understand it either.  He's had enough snaps to have that pretty well conquered. Coaches don't like to be wrong about players, but sometimes changes just have to be made.
Reply/Quote
One thing about Hart now, is that we knew he was bad in the past. Zac & company need replacing for keeping him.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 11:49 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't see that as being the case.  When Hart is confident of what his assignment is, he is agile and physical.  The problem seems to be in either communication or coordination, as several times he was left standing there, as if to be thinking "was that MY guy?".

Bosa was right in front of him, how could he not know that is "his guy"? Lol
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 12:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bosa was right in front of him, how could he not know that is "his guy"? Lol

He was probably too busy thinking about Bill Gates' plan to build robots made out of Kryponite, that will take down the human race by using 5G lasers to turn the entire male population into homosexuals.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 12:04 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: TJ Watt vs Bobby Hart is an absolute nightmare matchup. Don’t let us get Burrow David Carr’d. All I ask.

Especially since TJ Watt is apparently allowed to take full on punches at the ball and nail the QB if he misses.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 12:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bosa was right in front of him, how could he not know that is "his guy"? Lol

Sometimes the OL blocks inside, and a back or TE picks up the end.  I'll have to look back and see if there was a TE or HB on the Right side when they broke the huddle, and may have motioned off.  If THAT is the case, then it would definitely be Hart's fault for not catching the audible.  There were at least two plays that I remember where Hart looked to block inside, as Bosa ran past him unblocked.  Both times, Hart had this look to him like he thought someone else was going to pick him up.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 12:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sometimes the OL blocks inside, and a back or TE picks up the end.  I'll have to look back and see if there was a TE or HB on the Right side when they broke the huddle, and may have motioned off.  If THAT is the case, then it would definitely be Hart's fault for not catching the audible.  There were at least two plays that I remember where Hart looked to block inside, as Bosa ran past him unblocked.  Both times, Hart had this look to him like he thought someone else was going to pick him up.

On the play we are thinking of, Hart let Bosa go inside to try to block the outside rusher when he had Gio flanked out on his back hip to take the outside. I would think priority assignment is inside working out. Looked like a brain fart
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 01:47 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: On the play we are thinking of, Hart let Bosa go inside to try to block the outside rusher when he had Gio flanked out on his back hip to take the outside.  I would think priority assignment is inside working out.  Looked like a brain fart

Unfortunately, there was more than one play where Bosa had a free run from the Right side.  The particular play that I have stuck in my mind, is one where Bosa is lined up a full step outside of Hart's Right shoulder.  At the snap, Hart looks in to his Left, like he's expecting to be blocking someone, only to catch Bosa running untouched past him on the Right.  

Either way, some serious miscommunication and or execution.  Which is why I point more toward Turner and Callahan for not having those guys prepared.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Too bad we can't fix this weakness for the game tonight.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 12:09 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He was probably too busy thinking about Bill Gates' plan to build robots made out of Kryponite, that will take down the human race by using 5G lasers to turn the entire male population into homosexuals.

Hilarious

(09-17-2020, 12:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sometimes the OL blocks inside, and a back or TE picks up the end.  I'll have to look back and see if there was a TE or HB on the Right side when they broke the huddle, and may have motioned off.  If THAT is the case, then it would definitely be Hart's fault for not catching the audible.  There were at least two plays that I remember where Hart looked to block inside, as Bosa ran past him unblocked.  Both times, Hart had this look to him like he thought someone else was going to pick him up.

(09-17-2020, 01:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Unfortunately, there was more than one play where Bosa had a free run from the Right side.  The particular play that I have stuck in my mind, is one where Bosa is lined up a full step outside of Hart's Right shoulder.  At the snap, Hart looks in to his Left, like he's expecting to be blocking someone, only to catch Bosa running untouched past him on the Right.  

Either way, some serious miscommunication and or execution.  Which is why I point more toward Turner and Callahan for not having those guys prepared.

Yes, there was some serious miscommunication no doubt. Just happy Hart and the entire OL improved as the game went on.

Price didn't look terrible for once which is good news after hearing about XSF going to IR.
Reply/Quote