Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Hart might be on the bench
(09-20-2018, 11:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have seen enough of Og, but i still am trying to have hope for Fish. Atleast Fish had the heart issue which it is
understandable, completely understandable why a player would struggle with that going on. Agreed on Hart, he
played fine against a good front in the Ratbirds.

Me to.

At least I hope he's an effective back up. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 10:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm trying to think positive. Barring setbacks, we should get Burfict, Mixon and Price back for the stretch run.

Just have to hold down the fort for a couple weeks.

True that.....hoping they ALL show up for Shitsburgh and we stomp the ever loving daylights out of those pricks.....make Pig Pen retire, Brown demand a trade, and JuJu Beads cowering in a corner like Pink on The Wall.  **** those douchebags.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Who would have guessed a couple weeks ago people would be worried about missing Bobby Hart lol
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 09:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: Who would have guessed a couple weeks ago people would be worried about missing Bobby Hart lol

Who would have thought the Bengals still couldn't find anyone better then Fisher and Cedric lol 
Reply/Quote
Give it a couple of years and the only teams with half decent starting offensive tackles will all be in dead last place and paying tackles twice the going rate for great franchise quarterbacks..  Super Bowl teams will have to throw seasons just to compete for high draft picks to get the tackles  . 
I'm exaggerating just a tad, but they are generally the guys tasked with protecting the qbs and edge rushers are seemingly getting better and better every year and offensive linemen are not.  Kind of bizarre when you think about it. Anyone remember when right guards were the butts of underarm deodorant jokes?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 09:43 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Who would have thought the Bengals still couldn't find anyone better then Fisher and Cedric lol 

If I were our GM I'd be pretty worried about my job security right about now! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 09:23 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Because Hart is worse and has shown no ability to be a starter in his time here or in New York.
Won't go into New York because I know the same old 'change of scenary' argument. But he was an awful player on and off the field.

Against Indy he was completely awful in both the passing and rushing attack.
While he did not give up any sacks against Baltimore, he did get beat into the pocket against Suggs and struggled to stop defenders from batting passes.

I'm not going to say Hart is that good, but the Bengals invested high draft picks into Og and Fisher.  Hart was brought in on a flyer.  If Og or Fisher was even close to playing at Hart's level, they would be starting over him so Marvin and the FO could save face.  The fact that Hart came in here on a prove it deal and took Fisher's spot really tells us all we need to know about Fisher.  He'll be lucky to be on an NFL roster this time next year.

I'm all for upgrading over Hart, but the answer isn't currently here on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 12:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm not going to say Hart is that good, but the Bengals invested high draft picks into Og and Fisher.  Hart was brought in on a flyer.  If Og or Fisher was even close to playing at Hart's level, they would be starting over him so Marvin and the FO could save face.  The fact that Hart came in here on a prove it deal and took Fisher's spot really tells us all we need to know about Fisher.  He'll be lucky to be on an NFL roster this time next year.

I'm all for upgrading over Hart, but the answer isn't currently here on the roster.

This..... we have to draft a solid replacement next year....
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 11:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have seen enough of Og, but i still am trying to have hope for Fish. Atleast Fish had the heart issue which it is
understandable, completely understandable why a player would struggle with that going on. Agreed on Hart, he
played fine against a good front in the Ratbirds.

Spot on CincyK. :andy:

Yes, way too early to get all scared. Injuries happen, next man up. We have Evans, Gio and Hopkins.

They will have to step it up is all. Expecting it with Gio for sure as he is proven.

Injuries are crushing teams all over the league.  Hell, the Panthers have a long list of injuries themselves.  It's just, as they say, the nature of the beast.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2018, 11:48 AM)McC Wrote: Injuries are crushing teams all over the league.  Hell, the Panthers have a long list of injuries themselves.  It's just, as they say, the nature of the beast.

But but but the NFL is a sissy league now.  They have taken all the hitting out of the game, remember.  They might as well be playing flag football.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2018, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But but but the NFL is a sissy league now.  They have taken all the hitting out of the game, remember.  They might as well be playing flag football.

And there would still be lots of injuries even playing flag football, but compared to 20 years ago the NFL is a sissy league.

PS: off topic anyone notice there are more injuries now with the new passing rules because players are spending more time on the field.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote