Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Hart posts Homophobic pictures
What is wrong with people nowadays?

The guy doesn't believe him homosexuality. He's allowed to have an opinion.

Whether YOU or I believe in homosexuality isn't the point here. The man has his OWN opinion and is allowed to have his own thoughts and beliefs about things. It's one thing if its insensitive, but IMO it's not. I think hes actually got a valid point.

I will say in the past this guy has been an idiot on social media, but to me this isn't that big of a deal.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
(06-25-2020, 12:08 PM)Trademark Wrote: I agree with Bobby Hart. Stop promoting the gay agenda to our children! It’s vile and disgusting, also it’s a form of brainwashing and pedophilia. I see there’s a lot of snowflakes on this message board. Might buy me a Bobby Hart jersey.

We, REALLY need neg rep...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
That's it? Wow, talk about non-story.

Who cares what any of these guys think? Stop looking to athletes and celebrity for anything other than entertainment. Short of a public figure outright calling for violence, commiting violence, or organizing a harrasment campaign, just tune it out.

Bobby Hart buys into conspiracy theories? Don't care. Can he block?

Kyrie Irving thinks the world is flat. Lebron is heavily tied to China, both through his comments and his bank account. Kaepernick is so stupid he pubicly argued the merits of Fidel Castro with a Cuban reporter in Miami.

Many of these guys say stupid shit all of the time. You shouldn't seek out an entertainer's opinion on anything other than their respective field.

WHO CARES?!?!?!! We don't have enough problems going on right now that we have to devote attention to 325 pound turnstile of a RT, who posted a relatively harmless opinion?
(06-25-2020, 08:06 AM)Au165 Wrote: Not sure if it's allowed, so if not please delete, but here is the IG post. There were a couple of others as well that makes me think he is just kind of a nut. One about vaccines another theory that TV is trying to program people to think fathers are idiots because of feminism.

[Image: EbTP1a-XYAMhvKf?format=jpg&name=medium]

So this is it huh?

Cannot say this should be called controversial. Mellow

Weird days we live in. Mellow
(06-25-2020, 12:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What is wrong with people nowadays?

The guy doesn't believe him homosexuality. He's allowed to have an opinion.

Whether YOU or I believe in homosexuality isn't the point here. The man has his OWN opinion and is allowed to have his own thoughts and beliefs about things. It's one thing if its insensitive, but IMO it's not. I think hes actually got a valid point.

I will say in the past this guy has been an idiot on social media, but to me this isn't that big of a deal.

Well said Weezy and he also was just saying not to promote homosexuality to our children.

And I agree with it. Let kids be kids as Sled said.
(06-25-2020, 09:19 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Bobby Hart thinks BLM was started by George Soros, openly attempted to profit off of the Coronovirus, doesn't want homosexuality "promoted to our children" and doesn't know what a fact is, thinks TV is programming (and mind controlling) us to think Fathers, and men in general, are weak and incapable and is an Anti-vaxxer.

The guy is a bigoted, anti-science piece of shit.

I don't know what he did just now (The SI article doesn't go into specifics), but this is right on trend with his history of idiotic posts.

This Bobby Hart guy really has a head on his shoulders I hope he improves his game and is solid starter or back up for us for years to come maybe even retire here in Cincy. WHO DEY
(06-25-2020, 12:08 PM)Trademark Wrote: I agree with Bobby Hart. Stop promoting the gay agenda to our children! It’s vile and disgusting, also it’s a form of brainwashing and pedophilia. But I see there’s a lot of snowflakes on this message board. Might buy me a Bobby Hart jersey.

The idea of anyone buying a Bobby Hart jersey, much less buying one for this reason is just awesome. 

Side note, it is interesting how the right wing opinions tend to stay in JN while the P&R forum leans so much more to the left. Why don't we actually put both sides of the argument together in the appropriate place?
(06-25-2020, 12:52 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: This Bobby Hart guy really has a head on his shoulders I hope he improves his game and is solid starter or back up for us for years to come maybe even retire here in Cincy. WHO DEY

You forgot the  Ninja

I hope.
(06-25-2020, 11:27 AM)McC Wrote: You are allowed to say what you want but only if it agrees with everyone else because the First Amendment apparently now means that everyone has to think exactly the same and free speech is only protected if it's the correct speech and a nation only works if it's full of autonomous drones.  Next step--everyone wears the same clothes like in sci-fi movies from the 50's.

Exactly and most of you could learn something from this about people posting their opinions about Bengals football. If our opinion does not directly coincide with your opinion then we get called stupid or ignorant.
(06-25-2020, 12:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The idea of anyone buying a Bobby Hart jersey, much less buying one for this reason is just awesome. 

Side note, it is interesting how the right wing opinions tend to stay in JN while the P&R forum leans so much more to the left.  Why don't we actually put both sides of the argument together in the appropriate place?

Honestly I've never understood what the it has to do with your political views. I'm Republican and I could care less about your sexuality my political views stem from economics.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(06-25-2020, 12:59 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: You forgot the  Ninja

I hope.

You are not hoping our O-line gets better across the board poor old Burrow is going to get killed if we dont have a few guys step up on the O-line this year. I was all for bringing in better players on the O-line but the longer it goes the less likely it is going to happen. So Bengal fans are going to be forced into hoping for dramatic improvements from the players we have on the team now.

I did not forget the  Ninja
(06-25-2020, 01:08 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: You are not hoping our O-line gets better across the board poor old Burrow is going to get killed if we dont have a few guys step up on the O-line this year. I was all for bringing in better players on the O-line but that longer it goes the less likely it is going to happen. So Bengal fans are going to be forced into hoping for dramatic improvements from the players we have on the team now.

I did not forget the  Ninja

Thank you for clarifying.
(06-25-2020, 01:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Honestly I've never understood what the it has to do with your political views. I'm Republican and I could care less about your sexuality my political views stem from economics.

There are economic conservatives and social conservatives. They both generally reside under the Republican banner.
You are the former, the homophobic people are the latter.
In a two party system, it's pretty much impossible not to be lumped in with at least one type of undesirable.
(06-25-2020, 01:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: There are economic conservatives and social conservatives. They both generally reside under the Republican banner.
You are the former, the homophobic people are the latter.
In a two party system, it's pretty much impossible not to be lumped in with at least one type of undesirable.

Economic conservatism was killed by supply side economics decades ago.  But I'm getting off track and dont want to distract from the only thread where people are actually praising Bobby Hart. 
(06-25-2020, 12:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So this is it huh?

Cannot say this should be called controversial. Mellow

Weird days we live in. Mellow

Indeed Joe
(06-25-2020, 12:08 PM)Trademark Wrote: I agree with Bobby Hart. Stop promoting the gay agenda to our children! It’s vile and disgusting, also it’s a form of brainwashing and pedophilia. But I see there’s a lot of snowflakes on this message board. Might buy me a Bobby Hart jersey.

Pedophilia is unrelated to sexuality or have all those young girls who have been abused by adult men brainwashed too?

Bobby Hart's comment was ignorant.  He's entitled to be ignorant..his social media proves it is a common state for him.  However, posting ignorant stuff on social media also proves he also lacks critical judgment and thinking skills.  That lack of thinking shows up in every single game.  

His statements were divisive. Sadly, I suspect his BLM comments will be taken more seriously in the locker room. Will it directly cost him his job, probably not, could it play a factor in his job security if it came down to him or someone else of similar skill set...absolutely

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(06-25-2020, 01:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Economic conservatism was killed by supply side economics decades ago.  But I'm getting off track and dont want to distract from the only thread where people are actually praising Bobby Hart. 

Well, economic conservatism has basically transformed into supply side economics. The idea that tax breaks for the rich will eventually favor the rest of society. We're still waiting for it to happen, but who knows, maybe it will someday... Ninja

I don't think traditional economic conservatism exists in America anymore(as ironic as it is to call it conservatism when it does not actually look back to the basic tenets from which it originally was born), but the new economic conservatives have taken on the mantle and no one has officially corrected them yet. 

There are a few actual economic conservatives left, like Rand Paul. But I get the sense that he really just doesn't even want the federal government to exist at all haha.
(06-25-2020, 11:57 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This has nothing to do with the first amendment. The first amendment protects people from being prosecuted or censored by the government or government entities. It's completely unrelated to how society (and, by extension, your job) reacts to the words you say.

The way they get around freedom of speech is call it hate speech. I do not really care where the bar is set on this issue as long as it effects everyone across the board equally. Black comedians can call whites racists names but White comedians can not call blacks racist names. Celebrities get away with stuff that the average guy on twitter gets fired from his job at the bank or restaurant. Be consistent with the punishment no matter the race, social standing or political party.
(06-25-2020, 01:27 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: The way they get around freedom of speech is call it hate speech. I do not really care where the bar is set on this issue as long as it effects everyone across the board equally. Black comedians can call whites racists names but White comedians can not call blacks racist names. Celebrities get away with stuff that the average guy on twitter gets fired from his job at the bank or restaurant. Be consistent with the punishment no matter the race, social standing or political party.

I can't believe we made it to page 3 before the "But what about white people?!" defense appeared.
(06-25-2020, 01:27 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: The way they get around freedom of speech is call it hate speech. I do not really care where the bar is set on this issue as long as it effects everyone across the board equally. Black comedians can call whites racists names but White comedians can not call blacks racist names. Celebrities get away with stuff that the average guy on twitter gets fired from his job at the bank or restaurant. Be consistent with the punishment no matter the race, social standing or political party.

This is, again, wrong. If a white comedian called a black comedian racist, the government would not do anything to him. He would just lose popularity and likely jobs because people are less likely to want to be associated with that person.

Think of it like this:
When it comes to the first amendment, are you being arrested and/or suppressed BY THE GOVERNMENT for what you say? If no, then it has nothing to do with the first amendment.

The first amendment is a strictly government to resident protection (and it doesn't apply in the other direction either.)