Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Hart
(08-25-2019, 01:23 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Ugly indeed.

I personally just have a gut feeling that he will be very good this year, but that's just my gut.

I think the Steelers left tackle was in Afghanistan fighting at war at Hart's age. Then came home and tried to make Bengals as a TE. So, I guess players can get better with age and experience.

Many point out, Hart is young, Hart has been kept by 2 different head coaches and multiple OL coaches. Let's give the guy a chance, maybe he can redeem his past mistakes and become a solid OT. I am rooting for him, but I root for all Bengals players to get better. If they do, the team gets better. It is like some (not you) in this forum feel once they trash a player, they have to keep it up afraid to look bad to the forum.

Please make me look bad if I am wrong Bengals, I welcome it if it means winning more games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 01:18 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Hindsight is 20/20 and all but imagine where we'd be had they not re-signed him. We'd be looking at a Smith/Dugas starting tandem in Seattle if Glenn's concussion were to linger.

God help us if we have to rely on Dugas.

I would put him on my cut list right now.

That guy is terrible.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
With guys like Dugas & Jerry then yeah we're not going to talk too much about Hart.

They still did a horrid job with Hart's contract.

Rushed and overpaid him.

Oh well.

We can only hope that Turner sprinkles them all with magic dust and at least makes them serviceable.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 02:57 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Ah, you must be confused then. You're looking for this thread:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Dolegala-shines?highlight=dolegala

Thanks for stopping by, though, you really added a lot. We were running low on gross over exaggeration here.

Then let me be a bit more specific, I guess.

(08-25-2019, 01:18 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Hindsight is 20/20 and all but imagine where we'd be had they not re-signed him. We'd be looking at a Smith/Dugas starting tandem in Seattle if Glenn's concussion were to linger.

Hindsight is 20/20 but being bummed about the Bobby Hart signing isn't hindsight, it's foresight.  The guy has been in the league since 2015 and has earned a reputation of being underpar at his job.  You can drop names of players that are even worse, but it still doesn't make me lament keeping Hart because being grateful we have Bobby Hart is a side-effect of bad drafting and bad luck along with a lack of interest in FAs who aren't screapheap bums like Bobby Hart.

So I get it, optimism and all but let's put this in perspective....Bobby Hart doesn't look worthless right now and he's better than a few guys who should be working in a warehouse in a few weeks.  Hindsight is 20/20, yes.

Edit - I think I meant below par, but you get it.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 02:14 PM)jason Wrote:  They've shuffled linemen in and out like it's going outta style.

Really? Lyrics to Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hart's Club Band..  Maybe not.. It just popped up. 
I hope he does better than last year. Heck, I hope he becomes one of the all time greats, the same way I feel towards all Bengals players. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 02:32 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Like  who? First there has to be someone out there to sign. Second they have to even want to come here.

They would have had to find someone or traded for someone. They overpaid for Hart so they would have had to overpay for someone else. They dug their own grave on the OL.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 02:12 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Anybody noticed him this offseason? Heard his name? Has he been flagged at all?

Dare we consider that maybe... he's improved?

I know it's still really early, and I know what his history is. I just think it does kind of stand out that for all the concern about the offensive line, his name hasn't been mentioned like at all.

Curious what others think or have noticed. Is it ok to feel cautiously optimistic here?

Haven't seen any pressures he has given up.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 10:10 AM)grampahol Wrote: Really? Lyrics to Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hart's Club Band..  Maybe not.. It just popped up. 
I hope he does better than last year. Heck, I hope he becomes one of the all time greats, the same way I feel towards all Bengals players. 

Are you incinuating that our o line is garunteed to raise a smile?
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 02:12 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Anybody noticed him this offseason? Heard his name? Has he been flagged at all?

I know it's still really early, and I know what his history is. I just think it does kind of stand out that for all the concern about the offensive line, his name hasn't been mentioned like at all.

Curious what others think or have noticed. Is it ok to feel cautiously optimistic here?

Let’s review after Week 5 or 6. If he’s improved we will know. Given his past knocks on attitude and work ethic I would not get my hopes up, but he’s sadly all the team has.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote

When you would be worse off than having the worst starting RT in the NFL as your Tackle...you're pretty bad.
Reply/Quote
Bobby Hart looks different especially in pass protection — but so does the rest of the offensive line. The pass blocking technique is different due to being under the tutelage of a new coach.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 10:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Bobby Hart looks different especially in pass protection — but so does the rest of the offensive line.  The pass blocking technique is different due to being under the tutelage of a new coach.

I haven't kept up on it too much, but hasn't Cedric Ogbuehi looked better in this pre-season, too?  Even if he's good this year we shouldn't feel like idiots for being surprised about it.  There is more evidence that he isn't good than evidence that he is...so be it.
Reply/Quote

He is saving it for when it counts, during the season.  Jerry
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 10:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Bobby Hart looks different especially in pass protection — but so does the rest of the offensive line.  The pass blocking technique is different due to being under the tutelage of a new coach.

They had a new coach last year too in Pollack.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 10:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I haven't kept up on it too much, but hasn't Cedric Ogbuehi looked better in this pre-season, too?  Even if he's good this year we shouldn't feel like idiots for being surprised about it.  There is more evidence that he isn't good than evidence that he is...so be it.

Ogbuehi (hamstring) could miss multiple practices the team announced Sunday, Phillip Heilman of The Athletic reports.

Ogbuehi suffered the injury during Thursday's preseason game, and is expected to be sidelined for more time. With the depth lineman sidelined, that could open the door for Josh Wells to secure a roster spot.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 11:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They had a new coach last year too in Pollack.

This is absolutely true, but I think that was a case of an offensive line coach’s technique not matching the overall offensive scheme. Say what you want about Paul Alexander but there were a few seasons where his line technique matched what the overall offense was trying to do.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 11:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is absolutely true, but I think that was a case of an offensive line coach’s technique not matching the overall offensive scheme.  Say what you want about Paul Alexander but there were a few seasons where his line technique matched what the overall offense was trying to do.

We won't know what we have as an offensive line until the season start and defenses unload all their playbook on this line.

My gut tells me they lack talent in major ways at every position. I don't look at any of these guys and say they are even average NFL starters.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 02:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Id rather talk about Jake Dolegala being a HOF-er.

We could always resurrect the dead and talk about that super duper TE that never amounted to anything or better yet, DESMOND!
On second thought..let's not.  Whatever
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 11:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You guys are way premature to declare the Hart signing a success by the front office after 3 preseason games.

Maybe he does improve? It's impossible to tell at this point. He likely hasn't even played the equivalent of 1 NFL game yet...and had 2 penalties in that time. And the offense can't run the ball at all.

Was it premature to call him a bust last season?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The o line is going to get manhandled in Seattle and their backs will run for over 150 yards.

27-10 Seahawks and the spread could be a lot higher.
Reply/Quote