Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Kennedy Jr.
So RFK Jr has been making the rounds on the former-liberal-not-so-woke-but-still-kinda-liberal circuit. He's been on Maher and Rogan in the last two weeks, and Silicon Valley is showing interest. I think he's a non-starter because he can't speak worth a shit, but he's also kind of a conspiracy theorist, which fringe voters eat up.

Let's be real here: Trump is completely screwed six ways from Sunday. He's out of his depth and the sharks smell blood. Biden was a stopgap, but he';s fading fast in terms of cognitive ability. DeSantis is a prick. He's the alpha-bully that probably fantasized about dragging gay kids behind trucks in high school. He's enjoyed a lickspittle Florida Legislature allowing him to sort-of impose his will on ***** and Mickey Mouse until the Mouse got serious and brought back Bob Iger. Ron will get cornholed when he's out of his meth-infested churchy douche safe space in hurricane land.

Maybe this guy has a shot. If the GOP can convince it's borderline Klan grassroots base to stop jerking off to a reality show host that probably screwed little kids with Jeff Epstein, then the Dem Party elders can stop trotting out Weekend at Bernies Chief Executive.

Let's just agree that some bad choices have been made and run other people. You can have your facist asshat from meth land, and we'll get a Kennedy. I mean, at least he's a covid denier, so it's an all-around win.

It's better than running out near dead guys pumped up on adderall and provigil and pretending that our nation has a future with them.
Reply/Quote
I'm not convinced he has a shot. Fringe people who don't like vaccines are likely to be turned off that he's not a "republican" like Trump, or that he's a Kennedy and an environmental lawyer. If Biden isn't the democratic nominee I foresee him handing the baton to and endorsing Gavin Newsome, which should please the anti-Trump vote as well as boring ass Biden did. RFK is likely to go the DeSantis route, as in the more people see of him the less they like him.

And I can't see anything getting Trump off the R side. Even if he's convicted of 1000 crimes he's going to be on "house arrest" which is going to mean he can move about Mar A Lago and his golf courses and probably more than 1 of his properties as if he were a free man. Add in that one of his biggest selling points now is that he's being unfairly prosecuted and he will pardon himself when he's elected, and I don't see why the GOP would roll with anyone else.

I'm not saying I want any of this to happen, it's just the way I see things shaking out if it's not Biden V Trump 2.0.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 11:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not convinced he has a shot.  Fringe people who don't like vaccines are likely to be turned off that he's not a "republican" like Trump, or that he's a Kennedy and an environmental lawyer.  If Biden isn't the democratic nominee I foresee him handing the baton to and endorsing Gavin Newsome, which should please the anti-Trump vote as well as boring ass Biden did.  RFK is likely to go the DeSantis route, as in the more people see of him the less they like him.

And I can't see anything getting Trump off the R side.  Even if he's convicted of 1000 crimes he's going to be on "house arrest" which is going to mean he can move about Mar A Lago and his golf courses and probably more than 1 of his properties as if he were a free man.  Add in that one of his biggest selling points now is that he's being unfairly prosecuted and he will pardon himself when he's elected, and I don't see why the GOP would roll with anyone else.

I'm not saying I want any of this to happen, it's just the way I see things shaking out if it's not Biden V Trump 2.0.

I have no idea.  I can barely understand him speaking.  He's hoarse for whatever reason.  I think Biden is cooked.  The Dems need to avert disaster and find his replacement. Newsome carries a ton of liberal baggage from his time as California governor.  If they can't get Michelle and the weight of the Obama machine to step in, the Bobby Kennedy is as good a candidate as any.  
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 12:22 AM)samhain Wrote: I have no idea.  I can barely understand him speaking.  He's hoarse for whatever reason.  I think Biden is cooked.  The Dems need to avert disaster and find his replacement. Newsome carries a ton of liberal baggage from his time as California governor.  If they can't get Michelle and the weight of the Obama machine to step in, the Bobby Kennedy is as good a candidate as any.  

Kennedy has a neurological disorder affecting his vocal chords.

And no way in hell will he ever be the Democratic candidate for President. He’s a nut thriving on conspiracy theories

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This is one of those times I will be selfish and hope he doesn't even make it to the primaries because of is views and stances on vaccines. And for that matter anyone that agrees with him. Because all I would like to say him and others like him is let's trade immune systems, and see how quick they change their tune.

See this summer I have been getting re-vaccinated of my original baby shots I got 40 some years ago. I'm getting my last round of 3 at the end of this month, as they were spaced out about 2 months. So had a conversation with my oncologist on this topic, even though I have never been an anti-vaxer conspiracy person. Anyways long story short, getting my baby shots again is just part of the puzzle of having better odds to making to old age. Which is the point of vaccines, medicines, wearing masks, etc., to give one better odds of making to old age. THey aren't foolproof by any means, but its about giving oneself your best odds. Ones like him, wants to reduce those odds on people.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 11:43 PM)samhain Wrote: So RFK Jr has been making the rounds on the former-liberal-not-so-woke-but-still-kinda-liberal circuit.  He's been on Maher and Rogan in the last two weeks, and Silicon Valley is showing interest.  I think he's a non-starter because he can't speak worth a shit, but he's also kind of a conspiracy theorist, which fringe voters eat up.  

Let's be real here: Trump is completely screwed six ways from Sunday.  He's out of his depth and the sharks smell blood.  Biden was a stopgap, but he';s fading fast in terms of cognitive ability.  DeSantis is a prick.  He's the alpha-bully that probably fantasized about dragging gay kids behind trucks in high school.  He's enjoyed a lickspittle Florida Legislature allowing him to sort-of impose his will on ***** and Mickey Mouse until the Mouse got serious and brought back Bob Iger.  Ron will get cornholed when he's out of his meth-infested churchy douche safe space in hurricane land.  

Maybe this guy has a shot.  If the GOP can convince it's borderline Klan grassroots base to stop jerking off to a reality show host that probably screwed little kids with Jeff Epstein, then the Dem Party elders can stop trotting out Weekend at Bernies Chief Executive.  

Let's just agree that some bad choices have been made and run other people.  You can have your facist asshat from meth land, and we'll get a Kennedy.  I mean, at least he's a covid denier, so it's an all-around win.  

It's better than running out near dead guys pumped up on adderall and provigil and pretending that our nation has a future with them.
I watched his townhall on News nation and TBH I cant listen to the guy for more than 10 minutes due to his voice issue. That will be a problem for him.
What we need is a guy named Dunkin and Campaign Slogan: "America runs on Dunkin"  because no one else right now is looking too enticing.  
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 01:51 AM)pally Wrote: Kennedy has a neurological disorder affecting his vocal chords.

And no way in hell will he ever be the Democratic candidate for President.  He’s a nut thriving on conspiracy theories

Conspiracy theories like Trump colluded with Russia (still liberals won't admit it was an HRC political stunt turned into a fake accusation). or the HB laptop was Russian disinformation???????
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 02:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Conspiracy theories like Trump colluded with Russia (still liberals won't admit it was an HRC political stunt turned into a fake accusation). or the HB laptop was Russian disinformation???????

This seems super relevant to the discussion.  It's weird to see grown men so obsessed with being simps for a clown like DJT, but you do you.  Please continue with your invaluable contributions about RFK Jr that actually have zero to do with RFK Jr.
Reply/Quote
What does nepo baby mean?
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 04:04 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: What does nepo baby mean?

nepotism baby...someone who has a career solely due to their relatives.  Hunter would fall into this category but so would Ivanka and Jared.  RFK Jr is also a member

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 02:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Conspiracy theories like Trump colluded with Russia (still liberals won't admit it was an HRC political stunt turned into a fake accusation). or the HB laptop was Russian disinformation???????

An investigation into people actually talking to spies and seeking "dirt" on Hilary from Russians is not a "conspiracy theory." 

Liberals won't "admit" what you are calling a "stunt" because they follow the documentary evidence and the timeline, not the right wing pundits you allow to summarize and interpret the issue FOR you.  

No one said the HB laptop WAS disinformation. They said it had all the earmarks of disinformation, which it certainly did. And MSM sources were wise to treat it carefully, rather than whipping up more "breaking news" for the MAGA crowd.

I've sorted this out for you a number of times and you have never responded to the documentary evidence I've presented. 

Time to admit your beliefs are separated from any evidentiary ground other than Fox/Newsmax pundits. 

You've not read the Mueller or Durham Reports yourself. For you, their findings are just what Trump, Barr, Hannity, and Tucker told you they are. 
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 10:32 AM)Millhouse Wrote: This is one of those times I will be selfish and hope he doesn't even make it to the primaries because of is views and stances on vaccines. And for that matter anyone that agrees with him. Because all I would like to say him and others like him is let's trade immune systems, and see how quick they change their tune.

See this summer I have been getting re-vaccinated of my original baby shots I got 40 some years ago. I'm getting my last round of 3 at the end of this month, as they were spaced out about 2 months. So had a conversation with my oncologist on this topic, even though I have never been an anti-vaxer conspiracy person. Anyways long story short, getting my baby shots again is just part of the puzzle of having better odds to making to old age. Which is the point of vaccines, medicines, wearing masks, etc., to give one better odds of making to old age. THey aren't foolproof by any means, but its about giving oneself your best odds. Ones like him, wants to reduce those odds on people.

With you on the bolded. He would just be a distraction on the debate stage.

With you an the vax points too. Part of the oft referenced "division" between Americans right now is over the validity of science,
not just about vaccines, but on a number of fronts.

GOP is the anti-science party, but a proportion of Dems follow the vax conspiracy stuff too. I don't want that becoming an issue that legitimate candidates have to "take a position" on and debate. We'll look as silly as the other side, and the debate recognition will legitimate it as a real debate between two valid points of view.

Also I just don't see Kennedy leading the country on all the other important issues that will require speech time and a speaking voice to articulate. I don't see him doing well at international summits with foreign leaders. He wouldn't be a Trump-level national embarrassment, but he would leave the world scratching its head about our choices.
Reply/Quote
This guy polls at 19%, as far as I have seen. Which begs the question, is there an increasing part of the liberal spectrum that believes you have to beat crazy with crazy, or is there a significant portion that just turned crazy.

For that's what this guy is, bat shit crazy, "vaccine denier" doesn't even do it justice. He also believes in all kinds of Bill Gates and microchips in vaccines theories, also once claimed that we'll all get digital chips for money, and if people refuse to get vaccinated the chip will get deactivated and these people are left to starve to death. How could 19% of liberal primary voters want such a guy anywhere near the nuclear codes. Even Trump seems like the preferrable option in that regard, at least one can rely on him being self-serving enough not to turn the globe into a nuclear wasteland. But when this guy sees a ghost?
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 12:13 PM)hollodero Wrote: This guy polls at 19%, as far as I have seen. Which begs the question, is there an increasing part of the liberal spectrum that believes you have to beat crazy with crazy, or is there a significant portion that just turned crazy.

For that's what this guy is, bat shit crazy, "vaccine denier" doesn't even do it justice. He also believes in all kinds of Bill Gates and microchips in vaccines theories, also once claimed that we'll all get digital chips for money, and if people refuse to get vaccinated the chip will get deactivated and these people are left to starve to death. How could 19% of liberal primary voters want such a guy anywhere near the nuclear codes. Even Trump seems like the preferrable option in that regard, at least one can rely on him being self-serving enough not to turn the globe into a nuclear wasteland. But when this guy sees a ghost?

19%? Interesting. That’s pretty good considering how much time remains until the election. Also, since he is a Kennedy, and considering all the questionable involvement of the CIA, FBI in JFKs assassination, I don’t find it surprising. 

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 12:13 PM)hollodero Wrote: This guy polls at 19%, as far as I have seen. Which begs the question, is there an increasing part of the liberal spectrum that believes you have to beat crazy with crazy, or is there a significant portion that just turned crazy.

If you could ask each of those 19% I'd bet most do not know the most crazy things RFK Jr believes, some never liked Biden, and some recognized the name.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 12:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: If you could ask each of those 19% I'd bet most do not know the most crazy things RFK Jr believes, some never liked Biden, and some recognized the name.

I don't find that to be all that reassuring.

Disclaimer for the 19% number, I just noted this figure varies widly, might as well be just 15%. Which is still quite a lot.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 12:38 PM)hollodero Wrote: I don't find that to be all that reassuring.

Disclaimer for the 19% number, I just noted this figure varies widly, might as well be just 15%. Which is still quite a lot.

Ha!  I don't find it reassuring either, just making on observation on the polls.

Frankly I care about the polls before the elections as much as I do the NFL draft.  I'll wait and see who is really on the team come game time.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 12:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ha!  I don't find it reassuring either, just making on observation on the polls.

Frankly I care about the polls before the elections as much as I do the NFL draft.  I'll wait and see who is really on the team come game time.

Sure, normally so would I, but I make an exception when nut cases poll in the double digits. Especially when it's on the side that imho with some merit claims to be the more reasonable and informed one.
Reply/Quote
I mean, when your funding as a "Democrat" has ties to the MAGA crowd, there's a lot of smoke in the air. All I have to say about RFKJ.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2023, 01:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I mean, when your funding as a "Democrat" has ties to the MAGA crowd, there's a lot of smoke in the air. All I have to say about RFKJ.

Fun fact:  RFK Jr's name was actually on the flight log of Epstein's Lolita Express.  Just like Clinton.  Oh, yeah and that Trump guy.  

HTF are conspiracy nut jobs consistently picking actual participants in said conspiracies to be their standard bearers?  
Reply/Quote