Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bodine
I have always thought Bodine was a little better than what we give him credit for, but no more after yesterday. I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but he stunk it up pretty bad yesterday. On 1 play you could see Andy trying to get him to snap the ball and Bodine is taking his sweet time doing whatever centers do and we had to call a timeout. Our last drive he got his ass handed to him by Peko on 2 consecutive plays, pretty much killing any chance of a 1st down.

Mark me down right now for on Billy Price bandwagon!
Reply/Quote
Yeah...Bodine is Terrible. Ced is Terrible. Fisher is Terrible. Hopkins is Terrible.

Boling is Average.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 04:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...Bodine is Terrible. Ced is Terrible. Fisher is Terrible. Hopkins is Terrible.

Bodine is Average.

Wait, is Bodine terrible or average?

Let's be real, though, he's not good. The best thing you can say is that he holds his blocks well, even if he's being pushed into the QB's lap.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
One other rant, don't want to start another thread, Vinney Rey can't tackle for crap. He's slow and is nothing more than a drag down tackler. Anderson hit him head on and bowled him over to score. In fact tackling was atrocious mostly. Burfict seems to be the only one who hits people and they usually stop in their track...
Reply/Quote
in other news the water is wet.............
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Bovine is Paul Alexander's love child...

[Image: AFmd0ff.jpg]
Reply/Quote
But he can bench press a house. Of course that could just mean he has really short arms. How come we never hear what he can squat and dead lift?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 04:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I have always thought Bodine was a little better than what we give him credit for, but no more after yesterday. I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but he stunk it up pretty bad yesterday. On 1 play you could see Andy trying to get him to snap the ball and Bodine is taking his sweet time doing whatever centers do and we had to call a timeout. Our last drive he got his ass handed to him by Peko on 2 consecutive plays, pretty much killing any chance of a 1st down.

Mark me down right now for on Billy Price bandwagon!

Why would you do that to Billy Price? Let him go to a good team, not one where his talents will be coached to nothing.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 05:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Why would you do that to Billy Price? Let him go to a good team, not one where his talents will be coached to nothing.

I kind of worry about billy Price.  I know he's been praised as a center, but when he was guard he got killed a lot on pass pro.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 04:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: One other rant, don't want to start another thread, Vinney Rey can't tackle for crap. He's slow and is nothing more than a drag down tackler. Anderson hit him head on and bowled him over to score. In fact tackling was atrocious mostly. Burfict seems to be the only one who hits people and they usually stop in their track...

dude ive been over V Rey for 2 years now... hoping we can knock him off the roster here soon
Reply/Quote
When we first drafted Bodine, I was so excited.  He opened some pretty good holes for Gio Bernard to run through, while at 'Carolina.  This was one time where I had initially thought that the Bengals actually made a good choice that filled a position of need.

Now, were half way through his fourth and final season on his rookie contract, and most of us have been wishing he was not on the team for the past two seasons. 

I have to wonder a bit, is this a case of a player really being that bad?  Or is it that the coaching isn't doing something right, in order to get this man to play up to the expectations?  I will admit that I didn't watch him all that closely in college, in order to know if he was any good against behemoth NTs versus the odd front.  However, as a pro, he has never been able to handle a NT one on one.  So, in my mind, he's got to go.  You simply cannot expect to succeed in today's NFL with a Center that cannot at least stalemate a NT 8/10 plays.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 07:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: dude ive been over V Rey for 2 years now... hoping we can knock him off the roster here soon

Give me Vinnie Rey over vigil any day of the week. Vigil is not very good. Vinnie is at least at least an average player.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Bodine is the weakest link !

And that's a hell of a note on this O-line.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 04:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: One other rant, don't want to start another thread, Vinney Rey can't tackle for crap. He's slow and is nothing more than a drag down tackler. Anderson hit him head on and bowled him over to score. In fact tackling was atrocious mostly. Burfict seems to be the only one who hits people and they usually stop in their track...

There is another--Jordan Evans.  Why he is not an every down player boggles the mind.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 04:37 PM)Rattler Wrote: Bovine is Paul Alexander's love child...

[Image: AFmd0ff.jpg]

OMG, this is hilarious
Reply/Quote
I hope the Bengals draft Quentin Nelson next draft. At least they will have a solid guard.

There are so many holes in the O-line to fill in next draft. Sad thing is, there doesn't seem to be a lot of exceptional tackles next year coming out. Means, Og and Fisher may still be around for at least next season. Boiling has had a bad year as well.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 07:41 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Give me Vinnie Rey over vigil any day of the week. Vigil is not very good. Vinnie is at least at least an average player.

Just shaking my head at this one..... Confused
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 09:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Just shaking my head at this one..... Confused

Ok? Someone slammed Vinnie but I was pointing out he’s still better than Vigil. He’s certainly the weakest of the LBs
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 11:14 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Ok? Someone slammed Vinnie but I was pointing out he’s still better than Vigil. He’s certainly the weakest of the LBs

Shaking my head that you think Vinnie is better than Vigil..... he's not. And Vigil continues to improve, while Vinney is on the decline.... I like Rey, but he is what he has always been... a solid backup. Anytime he is pressed to start for an extended period, he wears down and his play drastically drops. It's been that way since he has been here.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 08:29 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Bodine is the weakest link !

And that's a hell of a note on this O-line.

The fans see this, the media sees this, PFF rankings show it.  Why can't the Bengals coaching staff seem to understand it?

BTW... I hate looking at Paul Alexander's face when he is on TV. He has that look of your wife's brother who lives with you for free. He knows you cant stand him, but there is also no chance in hell that he is going anywhere.
Reply/Quote