Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bodine
(11-20-2017, 05:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But he can bench press a house.  Of course that could just mean he has really short arms.  How come we never hear what he can squat and dead lift?

those houses must be from Malibu Barbies' collection Ninja .
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 05:09 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: those houses must be from Malibu Barbies' collection Ninja .

[Image: tumblr_mdjiwbzWHo1rst7cg.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 07:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When we first drafted Bodine, I was so excited.  He opened some pretty good holes for Gio Bernard to run through, while at 'Carolina.  This was one time where I had initially thought that the Bengals actually made a good choice that filled a position of need.

Now, were half way through his fourth and final season on his rookie contract, and most of us have been wishing he was not on the team for the past two seasons. 

I have to wonder a bit, is this a case of a player really being that bad?  Or is it that the coaching isn't doing something right, in order to get this man to play up to the expectations?  I will admit that I didn't watch him all that closely in college, in order to know if he was any good against behemoth NTs versus the odd front.  However, as a pro, he has never been able to handle a NT one on one.  So, in my mind, he's got to go.  You simply cannot expect to succeed in today's NFL with a Center that cannot at least stalemate a NT 8/10 plays.

I thought he was going to be good too.  His rookie year most of his problems seemed to be from firing out and extending his wait too far but I didn't mind it too much because it was aggressive.  
Now most of his problems seem to come from being a dancing titty bear pooswa.  If only he could find a happy medium.  Maybe the oline coach could help him find this medium ground Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 07:41 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Give me Vinnie Rey over vigil any day of the week. Vigil is not very good. Vinnie is at least at least an average player.

But Vigil is a scrappy guy, with an always on motor .............................................................................................................................. who belongs in the CFL ...................... as a backup.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Rey n Vigil are both garbage. for real, both guys are subpar. we need Minter back asap.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 05:11 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Rey n Vigil are both garbage. for real,  both guys are subpar. we need Minter back asap.

??? Minter coming back does nothing to Vigil....
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 09:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: ??? Minter coming back does nothing to Vigil....

last time i checked they replaced Minter with Rey.  i was just stating vigil is garbage.   
Reply/Quote
Thoughts on picking up NY Giants Center Weston Richburg in Free Agency next year?

I know there is probably a better chance of Mike Brown putting in an indoor practice facility then

getting a top interior Olineman FA, but at least its an idea.

Get Richburg in FA, draft a top Tackle and top Guard in the draft and things could start looking up.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 04:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I have always thought Bodine was a little better than what we give him credit for, but no more after yesterday. I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but he stunk it up pretty bad yesterday. On 1 play you could see Andy trying to get him to snap the ball and Bodine is taking his sweet time doing whatever centers do and we had to call a timeout. Our last drive he got his ass handed to him by Peko on 2 consecutive plays, pretty much killing any chance of a 1st down.

Mark me down right now for on Billy Price bandwagon!

On any given week one (if not more) of the OLine is suffering....was the OTs, then people noticed guards especially Hopkins was not playing well, then the focus goes back to Bodine - take your pick.

To be that consistently bad in the running game though the whole line is sucking.   We have no signature , or go to run plays which  we consistently get good yardage from.

Back in the day running off tackle behind big willie was always a good option,  we've deployed heavy formation previously to grind it out, Whit and Boling pulling to the right was a productive play in hill's rookie year.

inside / outside , left / right I cannot think of one run blocking play which this OLine can hang its hat on.

I'd really love an massive,aggressive, slobberknocker at any OL position in the offseason via FA or draft.  I want a Bobbie Williams type who may not be the prettiest in pass pro but can flat out move a guy 5 yards back
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 04:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...Bodine is Terrible. Ced is Terrible. Fisher is Terrible. Hopkins is Terrible.

Boling is Average.

Which begs the question.....how good is their coach, who handpicked three of those guys? :paul:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Lest we forget Piano Man also handpicked Eric Ghiacuc...
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 05:02 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I hope the Bengals draft Quentin Nelson next draft.  At least they will have a solid guard.  

There are so many holes in the O-line to fill in next draft.  Sad thing is, there doesn't seem to be a lot of exceptional tackles next year coming out.  Means, Og and Fisher may still be around for at least next season.  Boiling has had a bad year as well.  

Vigil is okay for a young guy in his first year in a starter role. I like his upside. He's tough, mobile. Add experience and I expect good things.  Vinnie?  A below average starter but above average bench guy. Vinnie is experienced and versatile.

Looking ahead, the draft, free agents.. LB is not High Priority. We will fish for maybe some depth but.. Eifort may be gone and Hill is likely gone.  McCarron? Who knows.  Probably O-Line is top priority and ..MAYBE we need a TE and  QB depth.  f Hill leaves.. we'd want RB depth.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 04:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I have always thought Bodine was a little better than what we give him credit for, but no more after yesterday. I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but he stunk it up pretty bad yesterday. On 1 play you could see Andy trying to get him to snap the ball and Bodine is taking his sweet time doing whatever centers do and we had to call a timeout. Our last drive he got his ass handed to him by Peko on 2 consecutive plays, pretty much killing any chance of a 1st down.

Mark me down right now for on Billy Price bandwagon!

Yeah, what about him?

Done enough talk about PA's handpicked Center.

Billy Price is the exact Center this team needs. Amazing work ethic, smarts and has strength. Really nice run block i saw
the other day that sprung the back for a TD. Gives his QB a pocket to step into for heck sake. What would that be like for
Dalton?
Reply/Quote
The better the center the better the line, his poor play effects the play of his team mates, I do not believe it will change. They have back ups at this pos.
Reply/Quote
i just watched the game again n concentrated on Bodine. hes worse than i thought. absolutely terribe.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 07:41 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Give me Vinnie Rey over vigil any day of the week. Vigil is not very good. Vinnie is at least at least an average player.

Actually, with all due respect, imo, Vinnie is below average and Vigil is below that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
watcha guys think of drafting Notre Dame guard Quentin Nelson. the guy is amazing talent. super smart guy as well. most sites rate him as a top 10 pick and say hes the next Logan Mankins. i know top 10 is high but other than tackle or linebacker whats more of a need. Im high on safety James from Florida St. but bengals dont like drafting play making safetie for some reason..
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 12:11 PM)McC Wrote: Actually, with all due respect, imo, Vinnie is below average and Vigil is below that.

Yeah, I’m not gonna argue with you about that. I probably gave Vinnie a bit to much credit, but at his age vs Vigil saying that is not good news.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 11:33 AM)bambino5130 Wrote: Thoughts on picking up NY Giants Center Weston Richburg in Free Agency next year?

I know there is probably a better chance of Mike Brown putting in an indoor practice facility then

getting a top interior Olineman FA, but at least its an idea.

Get Richburg in FA, draft a top Tackle and top Guard in the draft and things could start looking up.

Not really what the Bengals need in a Center.  His draft profile said he lacks power and size to match up with large bodied NTs, and struggles to push DTs off the ball.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote