Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bodine = Dalton???
(02-09-2018, 10:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: My point is that even if they mean less they mean less for both QBs and centers.  So it is still valid to compare the number of Pro Bowl appearances.

Not really.  You used pro bowl selections to prop up Andy.  I am simply saying pro bowls mean less because more players skip out on them.  This is more true of skill position players.  I don't hear of many interior lineman passing over the pro bowl.  

I was not commenting on whatever silly argument is going on comparing dalton and bodine.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 10:34 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I was not commenting on whatever silly argument is going on comparing dalton and bodine.

Maybe you should read the title of this thread.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 01:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe you should read the title of this thread.

No need to. I am only commenting on the devaluation of pro bowls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 10:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure what you are trying to say.  Maybe you can clear it up for me.

First of all I feel that Dalton has much more good play than Bodine and much less bad play.  Before we go any further do you agree with this?

Who do you feel deserves the credit for Daltons good play and the blame for his bad play?

Who do you feel deserves the credit for Bodines good play and the blame for his bad play?

Andy Dalton is a better NFL QB than Bodine is an NFL Center

Dalton is to blame for his poor play

Bodine is to blame for his poor play.

However, anyone that has been on the Message Board for more than a day knows that blame for your poor play is not the case.

hell I've seen Andy through a ball that bounced off one defender's hands into another's and Andy not being blamed for the INT because it was a deflected pass. Likewise I've seen Joe Mixon dance in the backfield for 10 seconds and Bodine get blamed cause he only held the block for 8 seconds.

So to me the biggest difference between the 2 in this force is culpability.  Hopefully this clears up the matter for you.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 01:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: hell I've seen Andy through a ball that bounced off one defender's hands into another's and Andy not being blamed for the INT because it was a deflected pass.

Likewise I've seen Joe Mixon dance in the backfield for 10 seconds and Bodine get blamed cause he only held the block for 8 seconds.

I agree with both of these statements.  But the big difference is that about 99% of the board hates on Bodine while they seem to be more split on Dalton.

For every member here that gives Dalton zero blame for his bad play there is another who gives him zero credit for his good play.  
Reply/Quote
Actual image of OP making this comparison
[Image: stretcharmst.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 01:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Andy Dalton is a better NFL QB than Bodine is an NFL Center

Dalton is to blame for his poor play

Bodine is to blame for his poor play.

However, anyone that has been on the Message Board for more than a day knows that blame for your poor play is not the case.

hell I've seen Andy through a ball that bounced off one defender's hands into another's and Andy not being blamed for the INT because it was a deflected pass. Likewise I've seen Joe Mixon dance in the backfield for 10 seconds and Bodine get blamed cause he only held the block for 8 seconds.

So to me the biggest difference between the 2 in this force is culpability.  Hopefully this clears up the matter for you.

I don't think I've ever seen Bodine hold a block for 8 seconds. I bet you can count those times on one hand and have fingers left over.

Now, I have seen him complete whiff on a block. Multiple times. Multiple times in a game.

And Mixon has to get smarter about things.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 08:45 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't think I've ever seen Bodine hold a block for 8 seconds. I bet you can count those times on one hand and have fingers left over.

No you can’t. It’s never happened except in practice and he still would have received a holding penalty against the tackling dummy.

Reply/Quote