Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bodine vs. Johnson
You saw the third quarter. When TJ Johnson was playing center, the Cincinnati offense steamrolled the Ravens both on the ground and through the air. TJ manhandled the Ravens' nose tackle, Brandon Williams, and kept Andy Dalton clean. Then in the fourth quarter Russell Bodine inexplicably returned to the lineup and Andy Dalton got what, four passes batted down?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I didn't catch that (had the game on in the background) but, if true... this coaching staff has GOT TO GO.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:28 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I didn't catch that (had the game on in the background) but, if true... this coaching staff has GOT TO GO.

It's true.  TJ Johnson played the entire third quarter and the Bengals' offense moved faster than fiber and laxatives.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You saw the third quarter.  When TJ Johnson was playing center, the Cincinnati offense steamrolled the Ravens both on the ground and through the air.  TJ manhandled the Ravens' nose tackle, Brandon Johnson, and kept Andy Dalton clean.  Then in the fourth quarter Russell Bodine inexplicably returned to the lineup and Andy Dalton got what, four passes batted down?

TJ hasn't been Bungalized yet.. 
Reply/Quote
Start Johnson next week. What do you have to lose at this point?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:34 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Start Johnson next week.  What do you have to lose at this point?

Paul Aexander's sterling reputation as a talent evaluator.   Ninja   Seriously, TJ will leave this offseason, pull a Mathis, and turn into a talent.  Bodine will continue to be Ghiuchuc 2.0
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:38 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Paul Aexander's sterling reputation as a talent evaluator.   Ninja   Seriously, TJ will leave this offseason, pull a Mathis, and turn into a talent.  Bodine will continue to be Ghiuchuc 2.0

Exactly!

Reply/Quote
Bodine was in on the second drive where we drove the length of the field and chipped it in for a FG as well as the late drive that had the went close to the length of the field. Are you claiming Johnson is better because he was in on the TD drive?

Or that all the batted passes came on Bodine? Because that is false.

Johnson did play well, as did the rest of the line, on that one drive. But the last game action he had before today made both Bodine and Ced look like Hall Of Famers in comparison, so I don't see where he's shown that he is the better player.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:34 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Start Johnson next week.  What do you have to lose at this point?

A higher draft pick.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Who cares? Bodine sucks. He has to be replaced. Unfortunately, as long as Mike Brown owns the team Alexander will be the OLine coach. The Bengals need to completely overhaul the OLine and the coaching staff. I love Whitworth and think he still has a couple of years left, but I say just start over. Maybe a new line with a an actual worthy OLine coach could make them solid again.
Reply/Quote
I knew when Bodine came back in because their was a low shot gun snap which he's being doing since he got to the Bengals. Figured he would have fixed that by now , guy can't block or snap.
Reply/Quote
Can Alexander freaking stop with this athletes at the offensive line drafting bullshit.

IDGAF how fast my ***** offensive line is

Draft 5 BIG MOFOs that are very good at making sure other big MOFOs cant get to the quarterback.

Dude hasn't drafted a good lineman since Boling and Zietler
Reply/Quote
Baby steps guys. The fact Johnson even played with Bodine healthy was a good sign. Maybe Alexander sees the light?

On another note, Ogbuehi isn't very good.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:33 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Baby steps guys. The fact Johnson even played with Bodine healthy was a good sign. Maybe Alexander sees the light?

On another note, Ogbuehi isn't very good.

Was he?  For all anyone knows he was on the sideline with an equipment issue.  There was no news one way or another as of yet. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:29 PM)Housh Wrote: Can Alexander freaking stop with this athletes at the offensive line drafting bullshit.

IDGAF how fast my ***** offensive line is

Draft 5 BIG MOFOs that are very good at making sure other big MOFOs cant get to the quarterback.

Dude hasn't drafted a good lineman since Boling and Zietler

And yet the passes that were batted down were actually over Boling's lane....
Reply/Quote
This team constantly has me (sadly) hoping for injuries. Bodine getting benched would be the best thing that could happen to the oline. That's obvious to everyone and their mother. The problem? Paul Alexander is as stubborn (and brain dead) as a mule. So unfortunately, an injury to Bodine would be the best thing that could happen to the Oline.

As for Ced, just put his name in the above paragraph where I typed "Bodine" and there you go
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:25 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I knew when Bodine came back in because their was a low shot gun snap which he's being doing since he got to the Bengals. Figured he would have fixed that by now , guy can't block or snap.

Didn't Bodine also snap the ball before Andy called for it resulting in a turnover. Bodine is still a POS. :paul:
Reply/Quote

Your franchise quarterback for part of next year when Bodine misses another assignment.  No matter how much Marvin and Alexander want this kid to work out (if not for their own pride's sake) what does it take to see the truth?  
Reply/Quote