Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bogus trade rumors
(01-15-2020, 06:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Can we make a sticky and put all these ridiculous rumors under one thread?

The Bengals aren't trading the first overall pick.  They are taking Burrow.

Let's talk about what to do AROUND the draft.  

Get Billings, Green, and Vigil under contract?

Sign Whit to play LG?

Sign Thuney as RG?

Sign Littleton as LB?

If they can do those three things, and draft a stud WR, RT, S, and depth on the defensive line....Well, I just might want to renew season tickets.

Do we know that there not considering trading the pick? I think it's highly unlikely but if someone offers you a Hershel Walker type deal you have to at least consider it.
Anyways  it's a message board and trade conversations are fun.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Strap yourselves in tight. There will be a million more trade rumors between now and Draft Day. Most of them will be completely bogus.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We will see plenty of idea threads until draft day. News bits throughout the offseason will cause additional what if threads for consideration. All in all, out of the 100-150 threads that get discussed, there seems to be at least 1 who get's the bragging right to say, "I called it back on (enter date here)." LOL

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 07:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We will see plenty of idea threads until draft day. News bits throughout the offseason will cause additional what if threads for consideration. All in all, out of the 100-150 threads that get discussed, there seems to be at least 1 who get's the bragging right to say, "I called it back on (enter date here)." LOL

I'll call it now.. Mike Brown will do something to piss off everyone here.. January 15, 2020  Mark it down.  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 08:00 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'll call it now.. Mike Brown will do something to piss off everyone here.. January 15, 2020  Mark it down.  ThumbsUp

DingDing

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 08:02 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: DingDing

Just a feeling.. I don't get those too often..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 07:16 PM)Synric Wrote: As I've mentioned I would like them to go after Jamie Collins. Collins plays OLB and he is very good against the Run Pass and is a quality blitzer from the back 7. Yes Collins is older but he is a proven play maker still playing at a very high level.

I like it, always liked Jamie Collins.

(01-15-2020, 07:31 PM)J24 Wrote: Collins would be nice or Kyle Van Noy. Both guys  just do there Job which is what we need more than anything.

Yes, Van Noy is a Playmaker too. These are some great names we should look at if we really want to improve our LB core
which is without question our biggest weakness on Defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 09:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like it, always liked Jamie Collins.

Yes, Van Noy is a Playmaker too. These are some great names we should look at if we really want to improve our LB core
which is without question our biggest weakness on Defense.

Collins, yes. Van Noy, hell no.

He was a favourite of many here during his draft and if he didn't play for the Patriots, people wouldn't even know who he is.

Like Edelman. If the guy didn't play in New England, he would still be known, but not obsessively overrated as he is.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 09:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Collins, yes. Van Noy, hell no.

He was a favourite of many here during his draft and if he didn't play for the Patriots, people wouldn't even know who he is.

Like Edelman. If the guy didn't play in New England, he would still be known, but not obsessively overrated as he is.

Van Noy sure makes a lot of good plays Truck and is young. He can stop the run and cover pretty damn good.

Has a knack for being around the ball and causing and finishing plays when turnovers happen.

Edelman is a great player Truck, not every guy that plays great on the Pats would only play great there IMO.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 09:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Van Noy sure makes a lot of good plays Truck and is young. He can stop the run and cover pretty damn good.

Has a knack for being around the ball and causing and finishing plays when turnovers happen.

Edelman is a great player Truck, not every guy that plays great on the Pats would only play great there IMO.

Edelman would definitely put up similar number elsewhere, but he wouldn't be this constant probowler or anything.

And Van Noy makes a lot of flashy plays, but isn't all that stellar. Against us, for example, he got 2 tackles and a QB hit, in 3/4 of the snaps, with nothing doing in the pass game.

Collins had 3 more snaps, 4 more tackles and a PD, plus is a much better pass rusher.

I'd take him over Van Noy any day of the week.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 09:51 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Edelman would definitely put up similar number elsewhere, but he wouldn't be this constant probowler or anything.

And Van Noy makes a lot of flashy plays, but isn't all that stellar. Against us, for example, he got 2 tackles and a QB hit, in 3/4 of the snaps, with nothing doing in the pass game.

Collins had 3 more snaps, 4 more tackles and a PD, plus is a much better pass rusher.

I'd take him over Van Noy any day of the week.

Agree with all that brother. Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 06:47 PM)Synric Wrote: How is it wrong?

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-the-50-best-available-nfl-free-agents-in-2020

I know that many are big on Littleton, and for good reason as he has tremendous upside in pass defense.  However, I think that Danny Trevethon would be a better fit for the Bengals.  He's a complete LB, proficient in defending the run, pass, and executing a blitz.  Additionally, he's got that leadership quality to his persona that this defense sorely needs.  Sure, he's not young, but he's still got a some good tread on the tires, and might not require as big of a contract as someone like Littleton.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 10:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I know that many are big on Littleton, and for good reason as he has tremendous upside in pass defense.  However, I think that Danny Trevethon would be a better fit for the Bengals.  He's a complete LB, proficient in defending the run, pass, and executing a blitz.  Additionally, he's got that leadership quality to his persona that this defense sorely needs.  Sure, he's not young, but he's still got a some good tread on the tires, and might not require as big of a contract as someone like Littleton.

Another good name, like it. Coming off injury but Trevathan has been a very good LB'er in the league for awhile now.

And like you said is a good run stopper and versatile.
Reply/Quote
Call me crazy, but I'd be tickled if the Bengals could come up with the LBer from Clemson....James Skalski.

He has to learn the art of tackling, but he's a thumper...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 11:05 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Call me crazy, but I'd be tickled if the Bengals could come up with the LBer from Clemson....James Skalski.

Can he cover is the question for Skalski. Seemed a bit of an overreaction on him getting thrown out of the game for targeting in 
the Championship from what I saw. Sometimes I think this rule in college is a bit extreme at times.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 11:05 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Call me crazy, but I'd be tickled if the Bengals could come up with the LBer from Clemson....James Skalski.

No thanks.

Clemson has seemingly churned out short, slow, hard-hitting white LBs in the past decade (Ben Boulware, Skalski) and I don't see him doing anything in the NFL, like Boulware.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 06:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Speaking of trading and drafting a stud WR...I saw someone on Twitter throw out the idea of moving back up into the 1st if Tee Higgins is still there around 20 or so. Higgins is a Bengals and AJ Green fan, and pairing him with Burrow would be pretty interesting. Definitely not the craziest idea I've heard so far. LOL

Higgins is a great WR but no way I trade back into Rd 1 for him, the last two big games he played soft (yes he had some nice catches) and was banged up easily in both games 

If we trade back into Rd 1 we take Kenneth Murray
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 11:42 PM)corpjet Wrote: Higgins is a great WR but no way I trade back into Rd 1 for him, the last two big games he played soft (yes he had some nice catches) and was banged up easily in both games 

If we trade back into Rd 1 we take Kenneth Murray

Yeah, more of a need too as our LB's are terrible. Think we should be okay at WR as long as our guys stay healthy.

But that sure is a question mark.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 11:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Can he cover is the question for Skalski. Seemed a bit of an overreaction on him getting thrown out of the game for targeting in 
the Championship from what I saw. Sometimes I think this rule in college is a bit extreme at times.

WhoDey2 I can't say from the standpoint of watching a lot of Clemson's games. I'm thinking put Skalski in the middle and let him fill holes and thump people and get some outside guys who can cover... 

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 11:23 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No thanks.

Clemson has seemingly churned out short, slow, hard-hitting white LBs in the past decade (Ben Boulware, Skalski) and I don't see him doing anything in the NFL, like Boulware.
WhoDey2 Granted, I didn't watch more than a few Clemson games this year. If you put Skalski in the middle between Pratt and Vigil, that would be an instant upgrade from last year.

Of course, that would mean carrying more LBers than last year and using them correctly...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote