Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bogus trade rumors
Can we make a sticky and put all these ridiculous rumors under one thread?

The Bengals aren't trading the first overall pick. They are taking Burrow.

Let's talk about what to do AROUND the draft.

Get Billings, Green, and Vigil under contract?

Sign Whit to play LG?

Sign Thuney as RG?

Sign Littleton as LB?

If they can do those three things, and draft a stud WR, RT, S, and depth on the defensive line....Well, I just might want to renew season tickets.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd love to get Whit back so he can retire in stripes. But I think that bridge is burned.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 06:14 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'd love to get Whit back so he can retire in stripes.  But I think that bridge is burned.

is he a Free Agent?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 06:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Can we make a sticky and put all these ridiculous rumors under one thread?

The Bengals aren't trading the first overall pick.  They are taking Burrow.

Sign Whit to play LG?

Sign Thuney as RG?

Sign Littleton as LB?

If they can do those three things, and draft a stud WR, RT, S, and depth on the defensive line....Well, I just might want to renew season tickets.

Corey Littleton is very good in coverage but he is below average as a run defender. You would be bringing him into division with 3 teams that prioritize the run game with heavy formations.

Yes a Linebacker that is good in coverage is a major concern for the Bengals but they also need him to be great against the run.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 06:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Can we make a sticky and put all these ridiculous rumors under one thread?

Sign Whit to play LG?

Sign Thuney as RG?

Sign Littleton as LB?

I would extend Mixon as well and only extend AJ if he takes into account his injury history so he doesn't break the bank.

Conklin would be a great get in FA.
Reply/Quote

Sign Whit to play LG?

Sign Thuney as RG?

Sign Littleton as LB?

So your on staff and management..how to do you know
Reply/Quote

Sign Whit to play LG?

Sign Thuney as RG?

Sign Littleton as LB?

Speaking of trading and drafting a stud WR...I saw someone on Twitter throw out the idea of moving back up into the 1st if Tee Higgins is still there around 20 or so. Higgins is a Bengals and AJ Green fan, and pairing him with Burrow would be pretty interesting. Definitely not the craziest idea I've heard so far. LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 06:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Speaking of trading and drafting a stud WR...I saw someone on Twitter throw out the idea of moving back up into the 1st if Tee Higgins is still there around 20 or so. Higgins is a Bengals and AJ Green fan, and pairing him with Burrow would be pretty interesting. Definitely not the craziest idea I've heard so far. LOL

I like this thought as long as the O-line has been addressed. Higgins is a player.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 06:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Speaking of trading and drafting a stud WR...I saw someone on Twitter throw out the idea of moving back up into the 1st if Tee Higgins is still there around 20 or so. Higgins is a Bengals and AJ Green fan, and pairing him with Burrow would be pretty interesting. Definitely not the craziest idea I've heard so far. LOL

Not sure if I'm onboard with that. Higgins is a good WR, but that might be a little expensive on our draft booty. I think there will be good WRs on day 2. Maybe if we get some of our vets traded for picks we could do that. Might have to package a bunch to do it.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 06:19 PM)Synric Wrote: Corey Littleton is very good in coverage but he is below average as a run defender. You would be bringing him into division with 3 teams that prioritize the run game with heavy formations.

Yes a Linebacker that is good in coverage is a major concern for the Bengals but they also need him to be great against the run.

Wrong

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 06:37 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Not sure if I'm onboard with that. Higgins is a good WR, but that might be a little expensive on our draft booty. I think there will be good WRs on day 2. Maybe if we get some of our vets traded for picks we could do that. Might have to package a bunch to do it.

if we follow the last time as we had the #1OA pick as an Example

QB
OL
WR

are the first 3 picks lol
Reply/Quote

Sign Whit to play LG?

Sign Thuney as RG?

Sign Littleton as LB?

Yes to the sign our own.
If taking Burrow, my mission as Bengals GM is to get him a superior Oline in year one.  I want him clean after games.  I want him to have some time to throw and not worry about a concussion.   Defense would be a secondary concern in the first year of BurrowTime.  Doesn't mean I don't take defense in first four picks, just if the talent is comparable I'm going Oline picks 2-4.  FA finishes the Oline and whatever is left go to LB, WR, TE.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 06:44 PM)Okeana Wrote: Wrong

How is it wrong?

Quote:9. LB CORY LITTLETON
Littleton has quietly become one of the best coverage linebackers in the league, capable of running the seam with tight ends and closing quickly on running backs underneath. He has 18 pass breakups and six interceptions over the last two seasons, and he's posted a 90.6 coverage grade that ranks third-best in the league. However, while potential suitors are going to love Littleton’s ability to affect the passing game, he has had his struggles against the run. His 50.8 run-defense grade ranks just 103rd out of 126 qualifiers over the last two years, so that could hurt his value for teams looking for an all-around three-down linebacker.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-the-50-best-available-nfl-free-agents-in-2020
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 06:47 PM)Synric Wrote: How is it wrong?

Top 10 in tackles and assisted tackles

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 06:47 PM)Synric Wrote: How is it wrong?

Get Littleton and a good safety then drop a pick on joe blachie in the 4th and you can seal up that back seven. Also get a Chris Harris on a two year deal wallah

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 06:51 PM)Okeana Wrote: Top 10 in tackles and assisted tackles

I'm not sure I follow. You're saying that because he has high tackle numbers that he is a good run defender? Preston Brown led the league in tackles and consistently had high tackle numbers before he came here he bombed out here.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 06:59 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I'm not sure I follow. You're saying that because he has high tackle numbers that he is a good run defender? Preston Brown led the league in tackles and consistently had high tackle numbers before he came here he bombed out here.

No I’m saying Littleton is the answer for this team and You can find complementary guys in the draft to help with run defense. Sorry typing on phone with no app lol

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 07:07 PM)Okeana Wrote: No I’m saying Littleton is the answer for this team and You can find complementary guys in the draft to help with run defense.  Sorry typing on phone with no app lol

We're on the same page now, gotcha. I would be thrilled with a Littleton pick up and then draft someone else to develop and step in.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 07:07 PM)Okeana Wrote: No I’m saying Littleton is the answer for this team and You can find complementary guys in the draft to help with run defense. Sorry typing on phone with no app lol

As I've mentioned I would like them to go after Jamie Collins. Collins plays OLB and he is very good against the Run Pass and is a quality blitzer from the back 7. Yes Collins is older but he is a proven play maker still playing at a very high level.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 07:16 PM)Synric Wrote: As I've mentioned I would like them to go after Jamie Collins. Collins plays OLB and he is very good against the Run Pass and is a quality blitzer from the back 7. Yes Collins is older but he is a proven play maker still playing at a very high level.

Collins would be nice or Kyle Van Noy. Both guys  just do there Job which is what we need more than anything.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote