Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bohemian Rhapsody
I finally went and saw it yesterday afternoon.

WOW!

So it's not 100% accurate, but it was a fantastic movie. Hands down the best one I saw in 2018.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 03:56 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I finally went and saw it yesterday afternoon.

WOW!

So it's not 100% accurate, but it was a fantastic movie.  Hands down the best one I saw in 2018.

Yep.  I'd agree.  I've watched several documentaries on Youtube before and after seeing the movie, and it is accurate enough.  Considering the influence the band had on the movie, and that it is a biopic vs. a documentary, I'd say it had plenty of truth in it.  Just some time lines changed for story and interest.

I love Mike Meyers in his role.  Didn't even know it was him until after.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 02:56 PM)Stewy Wrote: Yep.  I'd agree.  I've watched several documentaries on Youtube before and after seeing the movie, and it is accurate enough.  Considering the influence the band had on the movie, and that it is a biopic vs. a documentary, I'd say it had plenty of truth in it.  Just some time lines changed for story and interest.

I love Mike Meyers in his role.  Didn't even know it was him until after.

Funniest line in the movie was his, and I think you know which one I mean.  I won't say it as I don't want to be a spoiler.

There were plenty of truths, but many things that weren't quite as they did it in the movie.  The way Freddie met Brian and Roger, the way he met Mary, when he was diagnosed with HIV, just a few of the things which were not factual.  Fortunately they don't detract from the movie itself.  There are quite a few things on the web that lay out the actual facts, which was exciting to do after seeing it.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 10:27 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Funniest line in the movie was his, and I think you know which one I mean.  I won't say it as I don't want to be a spoiler.

There were plenty of truths, but many things that weren't quite as they did it in the movie.  The way Freddie met Brian and Roger, the way he met Mary, when he was diagnosed with HIV, just a few of the things which were not factual.  Fortunately they don't detract from the movie itself.  There are quite a few things on the web that lay out the actual facts, which was exciting to do after seeing it.

The revisionist history is a bit disappointing, but it did not detract from my enjoyment of the movie in any way. Having watched all seasons of Mr Robot, I was incredibly excited to see Rami Malek's performance and he did not disappoint. Neither did virtually anyone else in the cast.

I, too, watched a lot of YouTube videos before and after the movie as well as a couple of documentaries on TV. They are captivating. If you haven't yet seen the side-by-side comparison of Queen's actual Live Aid set and the performance in the movie, it is remarkable.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 01:48 AM)34inXXIII Wrote: The revisionist history is a bit disappointing, but it did not detract from my enjoyment of the movie in any way. Having watched all seasons of Mr Robot, I was incredibly excited to see Rami Malek's performance and he did not disappoint. Neither did virtually anyone else in the cast.

I, too, watched a lot of YouTube videos before and after the movie as well as a couple of documentaries on TV. They are captivating. If you haven't yet seen the side-by-side comparison of Queen's actual Live Aid set and the performance in the movie, it is remarkable.

I love watching Live aid and other older live performances. It's a joy to see people just enjoying the moment clapping in unison or holding up lighters, without all the damn cellphones !
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 02:15 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I love watching Live aid and other older live performances. It's a joy to see people just enjoying the moment clapping in unison or holding up lighters, without all the damn cellphones !

That reminds me of the "Love Of My Life" scene from the movie as well. I was not aware of this performance so I looked it up online. Even though the massive Brazilian crowd was prompted to sing that song rather than it happening organically, as was implied in the movie, it was stunning to watch and had to be scintillating to experience in person.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 01:48 AM)34inXXIII Wrote: The revisionist history is a bit disappointing, but it did not detract from my enjoyment of the movie in any way. Having watched all seasons of Mr Robot, I was incredibly excited to see Rami Malek's performance and he did not disappoint. Neither did virtually anyone else in the cast.

That was the first thing we watched when we got back from the theater!
Reply/Quote
Haven't seen the movie, but I must say that Queen is badass... I don't listen to them enough.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote