Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bold Bye Week Bodements for the Bengals
Week 6 isn't officially over yet (game tonight) HOWEVER, for the Bengals, it's BYE WEEK!!!

Sure, much has and will be discussed about what ails the Bengals and how to correct it during this mini-minicamp week and a very tiny bit will be discussed about what went right. BUT THAT'S NOT THIS THREAD!

No, instead what are your bold predictions for this team for when we come out of the bye week!

I'll start!

Bold Bodement #1 - the Bengals will NOT go on an 11 game winning street after the bye ... because we'll be resting our starters against the Browns since we'll have secured the the #1 seed in a previous week or 2! 10-1 to end the season, baby!!

Bold Bodement #2 - the Bengals will have a complete game against the 49ers: offense AND defense will show up and play the whole game!

Bold Bodement #3 - the Bengals will again face the Chiefs in the AFCCG but this time in Cincy and Mahommes shows he's no Burrow when it comes to playoff games ON THE ROAD. Bengals (Super) Bowl Bound, Baby!!!

Bold Bodement #4 - the Bengals will face off against the Detroit Lions in the Super Bowl and emerge VICTORIOUS!!!

Those are mine. What do you guys, have?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I like 2 weeks of rest and TIME for Zac and Brian to come up with a bunch of stuff to throw at San Fran.

2 weeks to install offense for one game should be more than enough. We should have truck plays ready, wrinkles everything.

This game is going to tell me a lot about how good Zac can really prepare a team.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
If we're going to host the AFCCG, KC is going to have to stumble.
Reply/Quote
First of all, thanks for the word bodement. Had to look up the meaning (I do that sometimes).

Secondly, we need this bye now because Healthwise, we are struggling. 2 weeks is a good stent to get guys healthy with minor injuries. I think we will go on a pretty good run. I won't say we will win out or even lose 1, but like last year, we started getting our shit together at the right time and I think we see this happening now. The OL didn't gel until late in the season last year. I do think they will be the factor which tells the tale in the end.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 03:44 PM)Housh Wrote: I like 2 weeks of rest and TIME for Zac and Brian to come up with a bunch of stuff to throw at San Fran.

2 weeks to install offense for one game should be more than enough. We should have truck plays ready, wrinkles everything.

This game is going to tell me a lot about how good Zac can really prepare a team.

Purdy looked very pedestrian against the Browns and if McCaffery and Samuel remain out, no reason why we can't do the same to them with our defense. 

On offense, with Bosa switching on both the right and the left, I am interested to see Jonah have his toughest test of the season. Think he's played well so far but this is going to be a huge test of how well he's made the switch to RT. 
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 03:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Week 6 isn't officially over yet (game tonight) HOWEVER, for the Bengals, it's BYE WEEK!!!

Sure, much has and will be discussed about what ails the Bengals and how to correct it during this mini-minicamp week and a very tiny bit will be discussed about what went right. BUT THAT'S NOT THIS THREAD!

No, instead what are your bold predictions for this team for when we come out of the bye week!

I'll start!

Bold Bodement #1 - the Bengals will NOT go on an 11 game winning street after the bye ... because we'll be resting our starters against the Browns since we'll have secured the the #1 seed in a previous week or 2! 10-1 to end the season, baby!!

Bold Bodement #2 - the Bengals will have a complete game against the 49ers: offense AND defense will show up and play the whole game!

Bold Bodement #3 - the Bengals will again face the Chiefs in the AFCCG but this time in Cincy and Mahommes shows he's no Burrow when it comes to playoff games ON THE ROAD. Bengals (Super) Bowl Bound, Baby!!!

Bold Bodement #4 - the Bengals will face off against the Detroit Lions in the Super Bowl and emerge VICTORIOUS!!!

Those are mine. What do you guys, have?

Could you imagine how furious the league would be if the Bengals and Lions made the Super Bowl? lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 03:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If we're going to host the AFCCG, KC is going to have to stumble.

That's part of Bold Bodement #3 ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 04:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Could you imagine how furious the league would be if the Bengals and Lions made the Super Bowl? lol

Are you kidding? The NFL would LOVE IT!! 2 historically bad franchises (granted, ours not so much anymore) and they're now in the Super Bowl? Think of all those crappy teams out there! The Steelers, the Cardinals, the Steelers, the Bears, the Steelers and the Steelers. Now their fans can have hope that one day, THEIR team will play in a Super Bowl. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 04:36 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Are you kidding? The NFL would LOVE IT!! 2 historically bad franchises (granted, ours not so much anymore) and they're now in the Super Bowl? Think of all those crappy teams out there! The Steelers, the Cardinals, the Steelers, the Bears, the Steelers and the Steelers. Now their fans can have hope that one day, THEIR team will play in a Super Bowl. ThumbsUp

Looking at the viewership counts of the previous 4 Super Bowls, the Rams-Bengals had the lowest.

LIV (Chiefs-49ers) - 9.5 million
LV (Chiefs-Bucs) - 9.414 million
LVI (Bengals-Rams) - 8.1 million
LVII (Chiefs-Eagles) - 8.6 million

I would guarantee that Bengals-Lions would have lower viewership than all these.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 04:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Looking at the viewership counts of the previous 4 Super Bowls, the Rams-Bengals had the lowest.

LIV (Chiefs-49ers) - 9.5 million
LV (Chiefs-Bucs) - 9.414 million
LVI (Bengals-Rams) - 8.1 million
LVII (Chiefs-Eagles) - 8.6 million

I would guarantee that Bengals-Lions would have lower viewership than all these.

Well, yeah, sure, but nothing the NFL can do about all those bandwagon, Patriot, er, Steeler, er Chiefs fans.

Don't forget the NFL keeps putting the Lions on primetime on Thanksgiving, so they could make it the highest viewing game ever if they wanted. Besides, this is the year of the Cat! All the Cat teams will be in the Championship Games!

Bold Bodement #5 - Lions over the Panthers in the NFCCG and Bengals over the Chiefs dressed in cat costumes in the AFCCG! (Picture Andy Reid in a Catwoman costumer (the one from Tim Burton's Batman Returns))
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 04:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, yeah, sure, but nothing the NFL can do about all those bandwagon, Patriot, er, Steeler, er Chiefs fans.

All those fans would root for the Lions because they hate Joe Burrow  Smirk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 04:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: All those fans would root for the Lions because they hate Joe Burrow  Smirk

Well, of course! I mean, the rivalry between the Bengals and the Patriots, er, the Steelers, er, the Chiefs the last couple of years is one of the best stories for the NFL!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 04:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Could you imagine how furious the league would be if the Bengals and Lions made the Super Bowl? lol

Ida know, could be the first step in both franchises becoming the NFL darlings.  I sincerely doubt anything other than winning led to the NFL loving places like Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, and wherever in the chowdah zone the Patriots pretend they are from.

If the Lions and Bengals start racking up wins people will start saying "Of course the NFL made sure those two made it to the Super Bowl!" and that's when you know you've made it.  You're nobody until people start coming up for excuses why you didn't earn your success.

And god help us if we don't beat the Chiefs in the AFC championship game this year, because we're going to have to work the Taylor Swift effect into the reasons why we weren't allowed to win.  Though I may actually believe that since she damn near controls our economy now.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 03:44 PM)Housh Wrote: I like 2 weeks of rest and TIME for Zac and Brian to come up with a bunch of stuff to throw at San Fran.

I think your going sorely disappointed. I hope I'm wrong but my guess is the offense will show up and make us wonder if they even practiced. I'll still have high hopes even with a misstep against the 49ers.
Reply/Quote
I think you are wrong on all counts. This isn't a playoff team let alone a SB contender. I feel they struggle to win 6 more.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 06:24 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: I think you are wrong on all counts. This isn't a playoff team let alone a SB contender. I feel they struggle to win 6 more.

The bengals record is the same now as it was this time last year.

The bengals have given up 14 sacks opposed to 22. Around this time last year the OL came together and found their rhythm. The last 8 weeks of the season they didn’t allow more than 2 sacks in a game.

The bengals D last year gave up 115 points through 6 weeks. Even with some horrible offensive performances, leaving the defense on the field, the defense this year is at 127.

It will come together, sit back and watch. This is, the second best team in the AFC since 2021 and it’s, more or less, the same squad (coaches and players).

This happens every year under Zac. Burrows lack of training camp and our refusal to play any meaningful snaps in the preseason puts us so far behind the 8 ball every year. This is unfortunate for burrow and maddening on Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 06:24 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: I think you are wrong on all counts. This isn't a playoff team let alone a SB contender. I feel they struggle to win 6 more.

You clearly don't understand what this thread is about. so all I have to say is
Reply/Quote

That's something I've been wanting since I attended my first Thanksgiving game in the Silverdome some 38 years ago.  But the NFL always conspires to keep us bad when they're good or vice versa.  But it's really mean that they made us both bad at the same time for so many seasons Pissed 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Like 15 exclamation points in one fluff post? Did Brad hack into Phil's account?   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
We finish the season 9-8, make the playoffs, and then win the Super Bowl.

We'll be like the Eli Manning 2011 Giants: a sub 10 win team that won the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote