Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bold Bye Week Bodements for the Bengals
(10-16-2023, 03:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If we're going to host the AFCCG, KC is going to have to stumble.

Screw KC, we need to worry about that Track Team in Miami. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 11:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Screw KC, we need to worry about that Track Team in Miami. 

I'm convinced that, unfortunately, Tua eventually goes down with an injury. I'm not wishing any ill will his way but his past is peppered with missing games.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 11:39 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Like 15 exclamation points in one fluff post? Did Brad hack into Phil's account?   Ninja

I guess Brad is rubbing off on me. 

Better than rubbing ON me. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 11:40 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: We finish the season 9-8, make the playoffs, and then win the Super Bowl.

Don't like the record but I LOVE the outcome! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 04:36 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Are you kidding? The NFL would LOVE IT!! 2 historically bad franchises (granted, ours not so much anymore) and they're now in the Super Bowl? Think of all those crappy teams out there! The Steelers, the Cardinals, the Steelers, the Bears, the Steelers and the Steelers. Now their fans can have hope that one day, THEIR team will play in a Super Bowl. ThumbsUp

Except for the Steelers. Or the Steelers.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 12:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Except for the Steelers. Or the Steelers.

You're right. I can't believe I forgot about them. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Every time I doubt the Bengals they pull through when the odds are against them.

In order to keep this tradition alive, I say we move on from Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Before the 49ers game, Tee Higgins agrees to a 2 year contract extension.

2 years $43.3M. This is essentially tagging him two years in a row, and he is in the top 10 paid. This won’t stop them from re-signing Jamar chase in two years.

Also, two years is a fairly simple number with the bengals having him under control via the franchise tag, and he gets that money now.

Tee comes back in the second half of the season, and reminds us all of who we know he is.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 09:28 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: The bengals record is the same now as it was this time last year.

The bengals have given up 14 sacks opposed to 22. Around this time last year the OL came together and found their rhythm. The last 8 weeks of the season they didn’t allow more than 2 sacks in a game.

The bengals D last year gave up 115 points through 6 weeks. Even with some horrible offensive performances, leaving the defense on the field, the defense this year is at 127.

It will come together, sit back and watch. This is, the second best team in the AFC since 2021 and it’s, more or less, the same squad (coaches and players).

This happens every year under Zac. Burrows lack of training camp and our refusal to play any meaningful snaps in the preseason puts us so far behind the 8 ball every year. This is unfortunate for burrow and maddening on Taylor.

This is a problem I have with the coaching staff. They never have the team ready at the beginning of the season. This could bite the team in the butt at some point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 08:59 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: This is a problem I have with the coaching staff. They never have the team ready at the beginning of the season. This could bite the team in the butt at some point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know it isn’t the answer for everything but when your QB is hurt/limited in the preseason it’s just hard to start off strong. That being said, the rest of the team has been pretty healthy and played pretty shakily to start off both seasons. It’s a tough debate though because I want to see guys play in the preseason and get some rhythm but at the same time not get injured in a game that doesn’t matter.

But I pray that they find some way to avoid the early season slow starts.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
The Bengals will lead the NFL in sacks at the end of season.

Cam Sample and Joseph  Ossai will both have 5 sacks this regular season.

Trey Hendrickson will win DPOY and break the single season sack record!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote