Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bold Draft Preditions
In the same vein as the 'Bold Prediction' threads in JN.

What player will fall out of the 1st round that everyone says will be picked in the 1st?

What player will be picked in the 1st round that was projected to go lower?

What team will make a "what the hell" pick that nobody sees coming.

I'll go first...

1st rounder that will fall... JJ McCarthy. I think there's a lot of smoke. He'll go in the 2nd.

Surprise 1st rounder. Ladd McConkey will go late in the first. I know that's not much of a move as he's projected high in the 2nd.

Last: Miami will pick a QB as Tua is too injury prone.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Bold predictions

All three of DTs Murphy, Newton, and Hall will go in the top 40 of the NFL draft maybe first RD.

Higgins an Ayuik will both be traded on draft day.

The Bengals will move into the top 10 and draft a WR.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2024, 02:17 PM)EatonFan Wrote: In the same vein as the 'Bold Prediction' threads in JN.  

What player will fall out of the 1st round that everyone says will be picked in the 1st?

I'll go first...

1st rounder that will fall... JJ McCarthy.  I think there's a lot of smoke.  He'll go in the 2nd.

Surprise 1st rounder.  Ladd McConkey will go late in the first.  I know that's not much of a move as he's projected high in the 2nd.

Last:  Miami will pick a QB as Tua is too injury prone.

Interesting regarding JJ.  

IF some of the things come true - Miami taking a QB, then who would be the guy?  Denver will take one, Minnesota will take one either at 11 or 23.  That would make 6 total in round 1.  I can't see anyone other than Williams, Maye, Daniels, Penix, Nix and JJ going in round 1.  I think worst case JJ goes to Minnesota at 23.
Reply/Quote
I'll throw some out there:

1. Murphy goes a lot higher than expected - top 12 picks.
2. Chargers take an OT - which will really screw things up for the tackle at 18 crowd.
3. Pittsburgh moves to 17 to take an OT.
4. Thomas is off the board before 18, which makes WR a non-pick.
Reply/Quote
I think we’ll make a surprise pick. There will be players on the board that we all think they should take, and we take a different player. Example, Latham is there and we take Mims. Or OT options are there and we go CB because one falls that shouldn’t be there.
Reply/Quote
Vertebrae fusion surgery for a defensive linemen is such a huge red flag for me. How often is his helmet making forceful contact with the helmet of another human’s helmet who is a 300lbs+ professional athlete? Way too often for me to feel good about his longevity. Laiatu Latu is a damn good pass rusher. But I could see him falling further than where most projections have him going.

I guess leighton vander esch is a good comp medically. His career was rocky and cut short because of the neck
Reply/Quote
There will be multiple starting caliber DTs drafted after round 4.

Fiske Will bust or underwhelm. 

Sweat will bust or underwhelm.

Latu will be considered one of the steals of the draft in 4 years time. ACDF surgery that doesn't limit mobility should not be considered a major risk. 
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2024, 02:17 PM)EatonFan Wrote: In the same vein as the 'Bold Prediction' threads in JN.  

I'll go first...

1st rounder that will fall... JJ McCarthy.  I think there's a lot of smoke.  He'll go in the 2nd.

Surprise 1st rounder.  Ladd McConkey will go late in the first.  I know that's not much of a move as he's projected high in the 2nd.

1st rounder that will fall... Latu, that injury still scares me and he dang near retired from it.

Surprise 1st rounder... Ladd McConkey, he is just underrated cause he is white, the dude can do it all and doesn't have the diabetes
and not taking care of his body problems AD Mitchell has.

WTH pick... The Bengals take a Corner...

Just preparing myself so take it easy on me.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
1. Nate Wiggins falls out of the 1st round.
2. Patrick Paul goes in the 1st round.
3. Cardinals take Edgerrin Cooper LB/Texas A&M at pick #27.

Bold Bengals prediction is THREE Draft day Trades!
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

I'll go first...

1st Rounder that Falls-JC Latham.  It's a loaded OT class and I think the fact that he has basically done nothing the entire draft process will cause enough trepidation to allow other T's to jump him.

Surprise 1st Rounder-Braden Fiske.  With his impressive measurables and Newton poised to skip out of the 1st, I think there's a decent shot the Kingpin moves into the end of the 1st.

What the hell?-Cowboys draft a QB in the 1st.

Bold Bengals Prediction -The Bengals trade back up into the tail end of the 1st round.
Reply/Quote
Roger Rosengarten the other OL from Washington is getting a lot of talk for the Bengals in either a trade back from 18 or a trade
up from 49. Fautanu gets all the talk but Rosengarten didn't surrender a Sack in over 1,100 snaps playing RT for the Huskies.

If we take Byron Murphy at 18 I could see us trading up for Rosengarten in the 2nd or if we get say Brian Thomas Jr at 18 we
could trade Tee to the Cards for their early 2nd round pick and select Rosengarten there.
Reply/Quote
Bold Predictions:

An edge is drafted before an OT, and at least (3) are drafted before the Bengals pick.

Murphy and Newton are gone by the time the Bengals pick.

Denver trades down for more picks.

There's a run on OT in the middle of the 1st round.

There's a run on WR late 1st, early 2nd.

Bengals pass on Sweat in the second because of the character and weight concerns.
Reply/Quote
I might sound crazy, but is this one of the best draft classes ever? I feel like there is so much talent in the first round it’s kind of hard to truly be upset at who they take. I might get mad they chose player x over y, but I don’t see a bad pick. Like if we grabbed any of the OT, I’m good. If we grabbed offensive players like Brian Thomas jr, Browers I’m good. If we go either DT Murphy or Newton, I’m good. If we go either top 2 corners, I’m good.
If we get one of the top 3 edge rushers, I’m good.

I guess the only players I would be upset with is Cooper Dejean, even though he looks pretty good, and Kool Aid Mckinne.

I think we have enough holes, and the strong position in the first round hit our needs extremely well. I would love to trade back in to the first round and grab 2-3 players. Trade our 2nd, 3rd, next years 1st to net 2 late 1sts.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 11:41 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I might sound crazy, but is this one of the best draft classes ever? I feel like there is so much talent in the first round it’s kind of hard to truly be upset at who they take. I might get mad they chose player x over y, but I don’t see a bad pick. Like if we grabbed any of the OT, I’m good. If we grabbed offensive players like Brian Thomas jr, Browers I’m good. If we go either DT Murphy or Newton, I’m good. If we go either top 2 corners, I’m good.
If we get one of the top 3 edge rushers, I’m good.

I guess the only players I would be upset with is Cooper Dejean, even though he looks pretty good, and Kool Aid Mckinne.

I think we have enough holes, and the strong position in the first round hit our needs extremely well. I would love to trade back in to the first round and grab 2-3 players. Trade our 2nd, 3rd, next years 1st to net 2 late 1sts.

I parroted something on these boards I saw on a draft website, that this was a shallow class, a couple months ago. Sure doesn't feel that way after getting to know the class a little better. Ton of older prospects with 5-6 years of college. I'm wondering if that means more rookies ready to contribute right away. I still usually prefer the underclassman early entrants that have excelled though.

If these mocks are true we should be able to find guys with all 10 picks that can provide serious competition for a spot on the 53. I wouldn't mind if they trade some picks and move around. But Russell Bodine and Ryan Finley are two of the few trade-ups we have done in recent years. So uh Sick   Mellow  maybe just make the picks. Or trade down and add picks for next year since we have a ton of free agents after this season.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 01:20 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I parroted something on these boards I saw on a draft website, that this was a shallow class, a couple months ago. Sure doesn't feel that way after getting to know the class a little better. Ton of older prospects with 5-6 years of college. I'm wondering if that means more rookies ready to contribute right away. I still usually prefer the underclassman early entrants that have excelled though.

If these mocks are true we should be able to find guys with all 10 picks that can provide serious competition for a spot on the 53. I wouldn't mind if they trade some picks and move around. But Russell Bodine and Ryan Finley are two of the few trade-ups we have done in recent years. So uh Sick   Mellow  maybe just make the picks. Or trade down and add picks for next year since we have a ton of free agents after this season.

We traded up for cam Taylor Britt. That was a solid pick. Didn’t we trade back with KC to grab our awful punter? We traded back to take Chris Perry. Trading back doesn’t always work too. Neither does staying where you’re at. Plenty of bad picks. Too hard to predict. I doubt data shows trading up gives you a higher or lower chance to pick a stud or bust.
Reply/Quote
My bold prediction that I really dislike:

With the 18th pick, the Cincinnati Bengals select Xavier Worthy, WR Texas.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 09:14 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: My bold prediction that I really dislike:

With the 18th pick, the Cincinnati Bengals select Xavier Worthy, WR Texas.

I think you're safe because my prediction is.....
......The Bengals will not pick a WR until Day 3.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 09:32 AM)Stewy Wrote: I think you're safe because my prediction is.....
......The Bengals will not pick a WR until Day 3.

I prefer your prediction over mine.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 11:50 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I prefer your prediction over mine.

Who Dey

That's a real tough one.

Reach a round and miss out on a Top 10 caliber talent to take Worthy?

Or ignore a gaping hole in the offense until Day 3 despite there being a number of great WR prospects available in the Top 100 prospects?
Reply/Quote
Bold predictions

Bengals get 2 DT's in first 3 rounds of draft (Newton and Sweat)

Bengals draft a WR before an OL

Bengals make 2 draft pick trades in the 2024 draft.

As for players:

5 QB's taken in round 1.

Washington Huskies have 4 players taken in round 1 including 2 OT's, 1 QB and one WR. Rosengarten (OT) goes before Mims.

Latu slides to late 1st round or early second round.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote