Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bold Predictions
(09-08-2022, 11:42 AM)tms Wrote: Either due to injury or performance, D'Ante Smith will be the starting LT by the end of the year. And he'll be decent.

Carman will be gone by then.

Burrow and Chase will both be All-Pro. We'll have six PBers.

Hurst will be serviceable until he gets hurt. Then Gronk will join the party to "play with the young buck."

Lou will become Arizona's new HC during SB week.

-

Rams will bust. 7 wins. Last year will be seen as an anomaly.

Lions will be decent. Sewell will join Chase as an All-Pro.

Cowboys and KC will miss the playoffs. One of them will tank.

Ravens will start off blazing hot, plateau in November, and sink into mediocrity.

We'll beat the BIlls 21-10 in the AFC Champ. Same score as 1989.

This is very bold.
Reply/Quote
The Lombardi comes home to Paycor.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
A bold prediction. The Bengals end up in last place in the division. Now that is bold and hopefully wrong.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
We sweep the AFCN

Joe Burrow breaks TD record.

We clinch playoff bye.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jessie Bates become Bengals first All-Pro defensive player in 7 years.
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson will get 20 sacks and Burrow will throw for 60 TDs.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Burrow will have a QB rating of 50 or lower in at least one game, but still win.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 05:50 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Defense is ranked #1 overall at the end of regular season play,and Anarumo gets a head coaching job.

Speaking of Lou, I heard Jim Miller and Pat Kirwin refer to him as "a great Defensive Coordinator" yesterday. Funny how until just last year, he was the guy the majority here said was only hired because no one else would work for Taylor. Funny how winning changes things.  Who Dey  
Reply/Quote
I told someone today I think McPherson becomes the first 200 point fantasy player ever.

I think the Bengals are going to kick field goals as long as they are past mid field pretty regularly.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Hello there Ted Karras, NFL All Pro Center.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 10:32 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Here's your chance to make some bold predictions that, if they come true, gives you ALL respect of Colin Cowherd after actually getting something right for a change. Plus, if any of your predictions DO come true rfaulk promises to give you a handy. ThumbsUp

Allow me to go first, my bold predictions are as follows:
1) The Bengals will lead the league in many offensive stats including total yards and points per game scored.

2) Evan McPherson will set the new league record for longest FG and will do it against the Ravens.

Now, your turn. Yes you. What are your bold predictions?

My Bold Predictions:

Hayden Hurst surprises everyone and has a 1,000 yard season.

The Bengals defense ranks in the top 5 in points allowed at year's end.

I want to say Joe Mixon leads the NFL in rushing yardage, but I just can't see Zac putting that kind of load on him during the regular season.  I think he will spread more Perine and Evans in there so Joe isn't spend come playoff times.

I will do one more:  Bengals go 11-6 and have the #1 seed and go to the Super Bowl and beat the Eagles.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 09:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: My Bold Predictions:

Hayden Hurst surprises everyone and has a 1,000 yard season.

The Bengals defense ranks in the top 5 in points allowed at year's end.

I want to say Joe Mixon leads the NFL in rushing yardage, but I just can't see Zac putting that kind of load on him during the regular season.  I think he will spread more Perine and Evans in there so Joe isn't spend come playoff times.

I will do one more:  Bengals go 11-6 and have the #1 seed and go to the Super Bowl and beat the Eagles.

Top 5 defense and we still lose 6 games?

You must think our offense will just be average.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 10:35 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Ah, shit. I'll be bold here. Joe Burrow breaks the single season TD record of 55 this season. Also breaks the yardage record.

I would so love this....
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 10:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Top 5 defense and we still lose 6 games?

You must think our offense will just be average.

Have you seen the rest of the NFL?  And they could be 11-5 and tank a game, a la Cleveland last year.  

Top 5 defenses don't equal wins 100% of the time....just ask Carolina.  
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 10:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Have you seen the rest of the NFL?  And they could be 11-5 and tank a game, a la Cleveland last year.  

Top 5 defenses don't equal wins 100% of the time....just ask Carolina.  

For sure. Offensive production is the most important indicator of success in the NFL. I started working on a machine learning project this off-season and my goal has been to predict NFL games. As I was studying the data, I found that if you take a teams offensive EPA per play (if you're not familiar, it is just an offensive efficiency metric) and simply compare it to the opposing teams offensive EPA per play, that delta allows you to predict the outcome of games almost as well as the Vegas line. From a win/loss standpoint, not spread. Not quite as good, but close. 

TL;DR - Offensive production is the single most important metric to look at when assessing how good a team is in the vast majority of cases. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 09:06 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I told someone today I think McPherson becomes the first 200 point fantasy player ever.

I think the Bengals are going to kick field goals as long as they are past mid field pretty regularly.

But with the running game improved they're harder to defend in the red zone.  More drives will end in 1pt for Money Mac. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 11:42 AM)tms Wrote: Rams will bust. 7 wins. Last year will be seen as an anomaly.

Bengals to the rest of the world: "Who's the fluke now?"

ThumbsUp

(09-08-2022, 04:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Gotta go with the right hand, so it might be a little awkward. 

Just sayin. Mellow

Is that "the stranger" method I've heard of but have never tried myself, no siree bob? Mellow

(09-08-2022, 07:19 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: A bold prediction. The Bengals end up in last place in the division. Now that is bold and hopefully wrong.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=11031463]

(09-09-2022, 01:26 AM)J24 Wrote: Hendrickson will get 20 sacks and Burrow will throw for 60 TDs.

I like the cut of your gib, good sir.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 10:39 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Is that "the stranger" method I've heard of but have never tried myself, no siree bob? Mellow
It's only "the stranger" if it's inflicted on yourself. If it's someone else, it's always strange, ya know?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 10:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Top 5 defenses don't equal wins 100% of the time....just ask Carolina.  

That is my point exactly.

Carolina had the 30th ranked offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 07:19 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: A bold prediction. The Bengals end up in last place in the division. Now that is bold and hopefully wrong.

Unfortunately, this is true today. Bengals only team to lose in the division.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote