Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bold predictions
Mike Brown will hold the Lombardi in February 2020!
Reply/Quote
Cedric Ogbuehi gets cut by the Jags and Cordy Glenn gets hurt in training camp. The Bengals resign Ogbuehi and he goes on to have an all pro season as the Bengals starting LT. Tyler Eifert gets hurt in training camp and the Bengals sign Jake Fisher at TE who ends up with 10 TD's for the season. Umm and Bobby Hart makes the pro bowl.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 09:10 PM)lone bengal Wrote: The Bengals resign Ogbuehi and he goes on to have an all pro season as the Bengals starting LT.

Bengals sign Jake Fisher at TE who ends up with 10 TD's  for the season. 

I can see that happening.  It is like Fisher and Ogbuehi are forever bound together by fate.  They were rent asunder but destiny reunites them back where their lives were first melded.

Figbuehi.
Reply/Quote
Bold....hmmm......

The Bengals do the unbelievable and notch a season record of 0-0-16! As a result, they set a number of NFL records, for example having both an undefeated and a winless season. And even better - THEY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS! Bonus points for how they could do so :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
By season's end... Drew Sample will be viewed as a steal.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2019, 12:27 AM)Joelist Wrote:  And even better - THEY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS! Bonus points for how they could do so :)

Browns, Ravens, and Steelers all finish 7-7-2 (or 6-6-4 or any other variation of .500), but all have losing records against AFC opponents.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals beat the Browns twice this year. Now that is really bold.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
AFC Championship Game.... you heard it here first. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2019, 12:27 AM)Joelist Wrote: Bold....hmmm......

The Bengals do the unbelievable and notch a season record of 0-0-16! As a result, they set a number of NFL records, for example having both an undefeated and a winless season. And even better - THEY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS! Bonus points for how they could do so :)

Browns, Steelers and Ravens all forfeit their games against us and lose all their other games by HUGE margins.. We make the playoffs and somehow miraculously play much better thereafter..  It's possible, but highly unlikely at least in the universe I inhabit..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 07:32 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Mike Brown will hold the Lombardi in February 2020!

If Mike Brown were to ever hold a Lombardi Trophy he'd drop and dent it. I just had to say that.

I have a couple of bold predictions:

0. The OL plays better than people expect it will or even think it can.
1. The Bengals beat each of their AFC North opponents at least one time this year and post a winning record in the division.
2. The Bengals post a 9-7 season and squeak into the playoffs by reason of winning a tie breaker over the Squeelers, who sit out once again.

Of course, no one will remember this by the time the season ends.

Reply/Quote
We will suck for two more years then draft Trevor Lawrence.
Reply/Quote
1. Andy Dalton plays with confidence and testicular fortitude.

2. Dalton also has a career year and gets his HoF career back on course. 5000 yards and 50 TDs. AJ 1000+ yards 10 TDs, Boyd 1000+ yards 8 TDs, Ross 700 yards 8 TDs, Mixon 500 yards 5 TDs, Gio 500 yards 2 TDs, Eifert 400 yards 8 TDs, Uzi 400 yards 4 TDs, Erickson 400 yards 2 TDs, Sample+Trayveon+everybody else 3+ TDs
Reply/Quote
John Ross makes the Pro Bowl
Reply/Quote
Every game will be sold out!!!!! specially after going 2 - 0!!!
Reply/Quote
Bold Prediction: The TEs combine for at least 10 TDs this coming season.

This may not sound like a bold prediction, but the Bengals have only had 10+ TDs from their TEs in a season one time in the past decade (Eifert had 13 in 2015).

I think Eifert gets 4-6, I think Uzomah gets 3-5, and I think Sample gets 2-3.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2019, 08:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: John Ross makes the Pro Bowl

You spelled Dan wrong...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2019, 09:15 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Every game will be sold out!!!!! specially after going 2 - 0!!!

They could start out 8-0 and the only games they'll sell out will be Pittsburgh and Cleveland.

We've seen it happen.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2019, 04:47 PM)jason Wrote: You spelled Dan wrong...

Good one, J  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2019, 12:19 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: We will suck for two more years then draft Trevor Lawrence.

At this point, unless he falls off a cliff, that's who I want regardless of how the team does over the next two years.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton will change his jersey number to #7 to confuse Mike Brown and get an easy extension.
Reply/Quote