Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bolding And Underlining?
When bolding and underlining, why does some days it just bold and underline on the screen where I'm typing my post, and other days it does the whole [b/]bold[/] deal?

I hate the second one because then I have to highlight it twice if I want to go back after I typed everything out.

Just something I've been wondering..........
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 10:08 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: When bolding and underlining, why does some days it just bold and underline on the screen where I'm typing my post, and other days it does the whole [b/]bold[/] deal?

I hate the second one because then I have to highlight it twice if I want to go back after I typed everything out.

I don't have a root cause for you, but I can say that if you type a little bit and then hit "Preview Post", your formatting will always come out displayed on the screen instead of the forum commands. 
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 11:25 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I don't have a root cause for you, but I can say that if you type a little bit and then hit "Preview Post", your formatting will always come out displayed on the screen instead of the forum commands. 

I know that and don't have a problem with it because I know what will happen but it's just a pain in the crippled ass to have to do it all twice when it doesn't bold/underline in the actual post and it makes me re-highlight it.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 10:08 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: When bolding and underlining, why does some days it just bold and underline on the screen where I'm typing my post, and other days it does the whole [b/]bold[/] deal?

Is it just when you're pasting something, or all the time?
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 02:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Is it just when you're pasting something, or all the time?

I don't know what you mean by when I'm pasting something, but it does it all the time.

I'll type out a sentence or my entire post and go back to highlight/underline the parts that I want stressed, and sometimes it does it in my reply window and sometimes it does the [b/]bold[/].

Is it because I'm crippled?
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 03:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don't know what you mean by when I'm pasting something, but it does it all the time.

I'll type out a sentence or my entire post and go back to highlight/underline the parts that I want stressed, and sometimes it does it in my reply window and sometimes it does the [b/]bold[/].

Is it because I'm crippled?

I meant pasting something you had copied from another site. There are times code may displayed when doing so.

Generally, it should only show code of you're using on the icon on the far right of the editor options bar, which displays the code in your post. 
Reply/Quote