Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boling not practicing until Training Camp
Let's see what they do when Boling is cleared to practice. Right now with him rehabbing this is the best lineup. Plus Hart (like a lot of the OL group) was being made to play in a zone blocking scheme when he is better suited to drive blocking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 02:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 5 million isn't cheap for a backup...and again...I'm not saying what I want to happen, I'm saying what I think will happen. The coaches are high on Hart. Taylor and Turner have gushed over him. The front office thought enough of him to pay him $7.4 million this season. You look at those things and combine it with the fact that Hart has plenty of NFL experience at RT while Boling has none (and won't be able to practice) and the logical conclusion is that Hart probably has the edge over Boling.

Now if you want to say Boling will take his usual spot at LG, then that puts the pinch on Cordy Glenn. This is why I think one of either Glenn or Boling will get cut.

I'm definitely no fan of Hart, but it sure seems like people that matter are.

Boling actually did slide over to RT during a game a few years back due to injury.

Cutting Boling makes little sense due to the fact that he's in a contract year and will count towards comp picks when he presumably leaves next year.  Cutting Glenn leaves basically no depth at T aside from using Boling(who isn't currently healthy or practicing) as a swing T as well as a LG.

Looking at the OL, Williams, Price, Glenn, Miller, Hart, and Jordan are the only non-fringe guys under contract for next year.  Boling, Hopkins, Redmond, and Westerman are all UFA's.  This is another reason why cutting Glenn makes little sense.  They would have to sign/resign/draft 4 NFL roster quality OL if they did that.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 02:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm definitely no fan of Hart, but it sure seems like people that matter are.

It's a bit scary.

Either they actually think he's a good player that's played bad for 3 years.

Or) Management likes Hart and they are parroting good things about him.
Reply/Quote