Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boling starts at LT, Westerman at LG
Reply/Quote
Let's go for it !

To bad they didn't put some guy out of the stands in at center.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Glad to see Westerman is finally going to get some game action.

However, I'm kind of cracking up over the name of the guy breaking the news. He's Dick Skinner?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 01:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Glad to see Westerman is finally going to get some game action.

However, I'm kind of cracking up over the name of the guy breaking the news.  He's Dick Skinner?

Ya, News Agency is called "the beat"
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 01:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

It's a shame it takes injuries and a tanked season to try something new on the line. Didn't want to watch this game, would make the 2nd in a row that I haven't seen in over 20 years, but now I'm kinda curious. Nawww screw you tricky Dick, I don't care how much skinny you have on the beat. I think I better start my Christmas shopping today.
Reply/Quote
Personnel changes are interesting but let’s see what run blocking scheme the Piano Man selects. I’ve only seen directional blocking twice this season against Pittsburgh and Cleveland when the Bengals ran at will. As for pass blocking the scheme is a dumpster fire of stupid. Andy Dalton has a short-lived small pocket.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for keeping me up on the beat though Dick.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 01:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

This game has now become interesting. Very much looking forward to this change just from a curiosity stand point.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 02:18 PM)TKUHL Wrote: It's a shame it takes injuries and a tanked season to try something new on the line. Didn't want to watch this game, would make the 2nd in a row that I haven't seen in over 20 years, but now I'm kinda curious. Nawww screw you tricky Dick, I don't care how much skinny you have on the beat. I think I better start my Christmas shopping today.

Like to get it out of the way early, huh?  You should be more like me.  I did mine yesterday.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
They should know what they have in Sims. A travesty Billings got basically benched when Sims was re-signed. Just as it seemed he was coming along.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 02:19 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Personnel changes are interesting but let’s see what run blocking scheme the Piano Man selects.  I’ve only seen directional blocking twice this season against Pittsburgh and Cleveland when the Bengals ran at will.  As for pass blocking the scheme is a dumpster fire of stupid.  Andy Dalton has a short-lived small pocket.

HUH ? say whaaaat ?

You mean the stand straight up at the snap take 3 giant steps backwards and hoping the D linemen "play nice" technique isn't working ?

Ninja Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Looked like the change worked. Career day for Gio. It helps the Lions don't have a great defense.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
At the end of the game how would you rate Westerman today?
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 06:34 PM)SYLVIA Wrote: At the end of the game how  would you rate Westerman today?

Looked good to me. Not sure how great the Lions DTs are, but he showed promise. I wonder if he can snap the ball consistently...
Reply/Quote
Huh... The changes worked. Who would have thought??

LOL
Reply/Quote
These weren't changes made for the sake of changing things up.

They were due to playing the only healthy bodies they had.

Redmond looks like he is a guy who can develop into a quality player.

Westerman looked good on some plays, and not so good on others. Seeing as how it's been his only game action, it is difficult to make an assessment of what he can do.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 07:14 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: These weren't changes made for the sake of changing things up.

Westerman looked good on some plays, and not so good on others.  Seeing as how it's been his only game action, it is difficult to make an assessment of what he can do.

Would like to see what a new line coach could do with them. ThumbsUp
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 07:14 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: These weren't changes made for the sake of changing things up.

Westerman looked good on some plays, and not so good on others.  Seeing as how it's been his only game action, it is difficult to make an assessment of what he can do.

Tell me again why these asst. coaches are complaining? They haven't exactly coached anybody up since they got here. It would have been nice to see these guys get snaps throughout the season so they would be a bit more game ready.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 06:16 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Looked like the change worked. Career day for Gio. It helps the Lions don't have a great defense.

The Lions don't have a playoff team period.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Not the biggest test but it was impressive (even if they did give up some sacks). Should've been trying things like this and keeping more OL all year. Keeping 7 WRs was a joke, even if Tobin did make Lewis draft John Ross. I mean would anything have really been lost if we cut Cody Core or even Josh Malone? Would anyone have picked them up so they wouldn't be there if we needed them?

Reply/Quote