Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bolton:Trump ok'd China's camps, didn't know UK had nukes, thought Finland was Russia
(06-30-2020, 02:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I apologize for misrepresnting your opinion, but my comments about a "red herring" are still correct.

An overwhelming majority of your posts have been trashing Bolton instead of discussing the issues he reported.  In fact many of them imply that you don't think any of this negative information that Bolton would never have been asked about under oath should ever be made known to the voters.

Although you say Trump is incompetent you seem to feel that any information about it should be kept secret.  You don't think any of it should have been made public unless Bolton was questioned about it under oath.

It is just another step in a pattern of supporting the suppression of First Amendment rights when you don't agree with the message.

Once again, when the **** did I say any of this, Fred?

Seriously. Stop making shit up that I did not say.

He could have gone public at ANY time. I used the impeachment as a prime example of a huge time when the public could have been informed and a ton of people would have been listening to his message.

My whole point. The WHOLE point was he had a patriotic duty to speak out when it was happening. He chose to wait 27 months to speak out in order to get paid. Not patriotic duty. I don't know where the hell you got all this "suppression of 1A rights" and "should be kept secret" other than the depths of your F'd up mind that reads things and "learns" an entirely different unrelated message.

- - - - - - -
Me: He should have spoken up sooner.
You: FIRST AMENDMENT SUPPRESSION! SECRECY! 

It's getting real old, Fred. Stop it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(07-02-2020, 12:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Once again, when the **** did I say any of this, Fred?

He could have gone public at ANY time. I used the impeachment as a prime example of a huge time when the public could have been informed and a ton of people would have been listening to his message.

My whole point. The WHOLE point was he had a patriotic duty to speak out when it was happening. He chose to wait 27 months to speak out in order to get paid. Not patriotic duty. I don't know where the hell you got all this "suppression of 1A rights" and "should be kept secret" other than the depths of your F'd up mind that reads things and "learns" an entirely different unrelated message.

- - - - - - -

I actually agree that Bolton should have voluntarily spoken to both the House because the Senate didn't care one bit.  The GOP was going to vote against impeachment no matter what.

Others have spoken out about Trump, his behavior and his actions and they have unilaterally been shut down as "haters and losers" and jealous and whatever else Trump supporters use to deny every bad thing about him.

Had Bolton come forward publicly before impeachment I think he would have been treated the same way and it would have been lost in the sound machines.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
(07-02-2020, 01:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: I actually agree that Bolton should have voluntarily spoken to both the House because the Senate didn't care one bit.  The GOP was going to vote against impeachment no matter what.

Others have spoken out about Trump, his behavior and his actions and they have unilaterally been shut down as "haters and losers" and jealous and whatever else Trump supporters use to deny every bad thing about him.

Had Bolton come forward publicly before impeachment I think he would have been treated the same way and it would have been lost in the sound machines.

Agreed...there is enough cynicism to go 'round on this one.  Bolton saved his damning testimony because he could sell it at a later date, and his damning testimony wouldn't have made a damn difference anyways.

Its like a QB throwing 2 TDs in the 4th quarter while the team is down 40+ points.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-02-2020, 12:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Once again, when the **** did I say any of this, Fred?

- - - - - - -

Yep.  Went back and saw that you were not one of the ones who claimed it had to be under oath.  You just felt that he waited too long.

So let me address your point.  He probably waited this long so it would have a greater impact on the election.

And how does the fact that he waited effect the credibility of the information he released?  That is what I don't like about this line of argument.  It seems that it is just being used a distraction from the substance of the information released.  

Isn't it more important to discuss the impact on the nation of the information he released than cry about when he released it or how much money he made.  Interesting that you have not addressed one single piece of information Bolton wrote about.  Instead all of your posts have been attacks on the messenger.  It seems almost like an intentional deflection.

I did not care for the way Edward Snowden handled his release of information, but I spent a hell of a lot more time discussing the substance of what he disclosed than I did bitching about him personally.
(07-02-2020, 01:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed...there is enough cynicism to go 'round on this one.  Bolton saved his damning testimony because he could sell it at a later date, and his damning testimony wouldn't have made a damn difference anyways.

Its like a QB throwing 2 TDs in the 4th quarter while the team is down 40+ points.  

Great for the fantasy football fans though....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
(07-02-2020, 02:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: how does the fact that he waited effect the credibility of the information he released?  That is what I don't like about this line of argument.  It seems that it is just being used a distraction from the substance of the information released.  

Isn't it more important to discuss the impact on the nation of the information he released than cry about when he released it or how much money he made.  Interesting that you have not addressed one single piece of information Bolton wrote about.  Instead all of your posts have been attacks on the messenger.  It seems almost like an intentional deflection.

I did not care for the way Edward Snowden handled his release of information, but I spent a hell of a lot more time discussing the substance of what he disclosed than I did bitching about him personally.

I don't think Len is intentionally deflecting. I think he is fine with the criticism of Trump.

He's just angry at the witholding of important information at a critical time.

You are right though. The discussion should be moving to the substance of Bolton's book now, since it continues to be relevant to this week's scandal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-02-2020, 07:03 PM)Dill Wrote: I don't think Len is intentionally deflecting. I think he is fine with the criticism of Trump.

He's just angry at the witholding of important information at a critical time.

You are right though. The discussion should be moving to the substance of Bolton's book now, since it continues to be relevant to this week's scandal.

Yup, 100% fine with it, and I believe probably most of what he claimed is true, too. That dumbass said we took over the airports for the Revolutionary War just one day away from a year ago, afterall.

A little angry at with withholding, but honestly I just mostly took exception to a blatant example of a government official pulling a "F You, Got Mine" and it being called his "Patriotic Duty". Patriotic Duty is a phrase that doesn't belong anywhere near Bolton. F that guy.

I'm not even sure if his testimony would have made a difference in the impeachment trial. It is quite possible it wouldn't have, but regardless, waiting 27 months and then releasing the information in a book for a couple million is hardly patriotic duty. That was all I was trying to get at.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]