Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boo Birds?
Let's set the stage. The draft is in Cincinnati tonight. Fountain square and all surrounding areas are blocked off and the city is buzzing. The 8th pick has just been announced and the bengals are on the clock. We are all in attendance anxiously awaiting the announcement. Finally the pick is in! And then.....we erupt into New York style, Philadelphia eagle fans after the McNabb selection type boo birds. But why?

So the question: of the LIKELY candidates to be available for our pick at no. 9, which players name could whip you up into a boo bird frenzy if his name is called tonight?

For me it is Derek Barnett. Just something about him, if he is the selection tonight I will feel cheated and go to bed with an empty feeling.

Reply/Quote
A 1st round CB.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Mixon
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't know that I'd boo...but IF the Bengals took OJ Howard so that they could let Eifert go...that would be running in place on a treadmill and not improving the roster.
Reply/Quote
If we go barnett I will be pissed.

if lattimore falls to us i wouldnt be mad if we took him to be honest.
i want OJ Howard, Eifert has injury history and is going to want a lot of money after this year. plus we could have 2 elite TE's for a year and if it works we keep eifert if not or he gets hurt we just move on sadly.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Howard, Mixon, any Olineman, any CB, or a QB. If we draft a QB tonight, I'm handing in my fan card.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 04:45 PM)magikod Wrote: If we go barnett I will be pissed.

if lattimore falls to us i wouldnt be mad if we took him to be honest.
i want OJ Howard, Eifert has injury history and is going to want a lot of money after this year. plus we could have 2 elite TE's for a year and if it works we keep eifert if not or he gets hurt we just move on sadly.

If you're constantly replacing guys who will be upcoming free agents because they will want more money than you're willing to spend...you aren't really improving the overall roster...
Reply/Quote
Allen. Lattimore. Cook. Davis.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 04:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: If you're constantly replacing guys who will be upcoming free agents because they will want more money than you're willing to spend...you aren't really improving the overall roster...

Bingo. If we take Howard, then we're not re-signing Eifert.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 04:32 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Let's set the stage. The draft is in Cincinnati tonight. Fountain square and all surrounding areas are blocked off and the city is buzzing. The 8th pick has just been announced and the bengals are on the clock. We are all in attendance anxiously awaiting the announcement. Finally the pick is in! And then.....we erupt into New York style, Philadelphia eagle fans after the McNabb selection type boo birds. But why?

So the question: of the LIKELY candidates to be available for our pick at no. 9, which players name could whip you up into a boo bird frenzy if his name is called tonight?

For me it is Derek Barnett. Just something about him, if he is the selection tonight I will feel cheated and go to bed with an empty feeling.

I don't think there'd be a pick that I would boo for. Maybe a CB, but if it's Lattimore, he's the top CB prospect in a very good CB class. He'd probably be better than any other CB on the Bengals roster.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Guys, Howard is not going to be there at #9....
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 04:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: If you're constantly replacing guys who will be upcoming free agents because they will want more money than you're willing to spend...you aren't really improving the overall roster...

but at eiferts current game availability rate replacing him might be an upgrade...  lets hope he can stay healthy and a Bengal  sometimes you just gotta move on.. (not saying I feel its time to cut eifert lose but the need to plan for the possibility is something the bengals seem to do)
Reply/Quote
Any QB Kicker Punter or Trading down I would boo...

and the trade down just because I gotta wait lol
Reply/Quote
No Foster (injury), no Ross (injury), no Mixon (turd), no McCaffery (quit on his team).

After that there's nobody I feel negatively enough about that I would boo at #9. Unless the Bengals pull out some really weird pick like a QB or P/K something. Not to say I would be equally excited about all of them, but at least not boo. Lattimore I really don't want another CB, but he should be awfully good.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
ROSS! A guy that some teams have taken off their board due to injury's. ACL, Micro Fracture Surgery, Also Surgery In March for a Torn Labrum. Unfortunately he seems like he's going to be the pick. Hope a team takes him before us or we at least find a team to trade back with. Freakin Al Davis shit here. But hey he's fast. Let's see how fast he is when he's on crutches for the season.
Reply/Quote
Cam Robinson.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
They cut to commercial on National Television... that would be about the only thing, I would Boo about, we are going to get someone solid at 9 to improve the team.

They always seem to cut to commercials on us in the later rounds.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 05:30 PM)TKUHL Wrote: ROSS! A guy that some teams have taken off their board due to injury's. ACL, Micro Fracture Surgery, Also Surgery In March for a Torn Labrum.  Unfortunately he seems like he's going to be the pick. Hope a team takes him before us or we at least find a team to trade back with. Freakin Al Davis shit here. But hey he's fast. Let's see how fast he is when he's on crutches for the season.

Anthony Munoz had two knee surgeries before he was in tghe NFL.

Most of the players in the draft have been injured at one time or another.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 05:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anthony Munoz had two knee surgeries before he was in tghe NFL.

Most of the players in the draft have been injured at one time or another.

Munoz wasn't expected to routinely sprint 60-80 yards down the field, while cutting and stopping on a dime, and leaping and then landing with a guy on your back.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 06:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Munoz wasn't expected to routinely sprint 60-80 yards down the field, while cutting and stopping on a dime, and leaping and then landing with a guy on your back.

No but he was expected to lean on and move 300 lb men every single play. The pressure on his knees was substantial. Not to mention the advancement that has been made in medical procedures since gen.

If Ross checks out medically...IF.... then why the worry?

Reply/Quote