Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boogie Cousins traded to New Orleans
Thoughts?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I think he's a "great player on a terrible team" kind of guy. He seems to be a d***head. Coaches haven't liked him, and there have been rumblings of teammates not diggin' him either. I would think Anthony Davis signed off on this though. You have to think NO will be better because of the trade... Still... They are going nowhere when it counts. If they can keep Cousins next year, they will still be fighting for the 6-8 seed in the West.

The Kings will continue to suck.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
They're going to cannibalize each other in DFS.
Reply/Quote
I would worry about spacing and pick n roll defense if I were New Orleans. Also have no idea what the Kings were thinking.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Strictly from a basketball standpoint, it reminds me of a better version of what the Clippers have with Griffin and Jordan. On offense, the pick and roll options will be crazy and Cousins has developed a solid 3pt shot. Easily the best 4-5 tandem in the league and will create mismatches every night. On defense, AD is athletic enough to guard almost anyone, so I wouldn't be worried about him. Cousins has been known to take it easy on defense, but maybe that was a lack of interest due to being stuck with a dysfunctional non-contender.

Same deal with his attitude issues. Maybe it was exacerbated by being stuck with the Kings. I'm willing to give him benefit of the doubt for now. I think they'll make for a very interesting 8 seed this year, and if they make some solid additions this off-season, the sky could (potentially) be the limit. Obviously there's risk, but I'd love the move if I were a Pelicans fan.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Love for cousins would have been better than what kings got and would have made Cleveland a potential juggernaut
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

(02-20-2017, 10:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Thoughts?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 08:09 AM)xxlt Wrote:

I never realized how much that riff borrows from "day tripper".
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I never realized how much that riff borrows from "day tripper".

Q: Is that an homage?

A: No, we stole it outright!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote