Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Booing during the National Anthem
I've brought this up in other threads and received no direct response to my knowledge, so I figured I'd ask here and see what people think.

Simple question, do you find it disrespectful to the flag/veterans/etc when people voice their displeasure with anything, be it the kneeling or whatever, by booing, yelling, or making their own statements of displeasure when the National Anthem is playing? I ask this because I see a number of people who claim to hate seeing protests during the Anthem applauding the fact that people are doing this.

Feel free to discuss.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
no I don't think you should boo people you believe are being disrespectful during the national anthem. You're doing the same damned thing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-27-2017, 09:58 AM)michaelsean Wrote: no I don't think you should boo people you believe are being disrespectful during the national anthem.  You're doing the same damned thing.

This.

And the people who have to yell and scream before the song ends at sporting events are being disrespectful.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
In Baltimore we yell "OOOOOOOOOO". It's a song from our city about the Battle of Baltimore. We tend to feel a little more pride over it than others.

Others hate it, though. The Nats writers for the Washington Post always complain, prompting the Baltimore Sun to respond with "Don't you guys race dead presidents around the field?"

Is it disrespectful? Many would say it is. For us, it's about pride in the song, but I at least accept that many see it as disrespectful. I think booing is far more disrespectful than quietly kneeling, but that's just me. I imagine they see it as them standing up for the anthem.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Yes it is disrespectful.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Those booing are only paying attention to the players, thus "disrespecting" the anthem and flag themselves.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(09-27-2017, 09:58 AM)michaelsean Wrote: no I don't think you should boo people you believe are being disrespectful during the national anthem.  You're doing the same damned thing.

/end thread

(09-27-2017, 10:00 AM)GMDino Wrote: This.

And the people who have to yell and scream before the song ends at sporting events are being disrespectful.

Heck, I find it annoying when people are doing ANYTHING during the anthem, whether it's finding their seats or getting food. Just stop for a couple minutes. Sheesh.
[Image: giphy.gif]
All of the above.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.