Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boomer and Gradkowski talk Burrow
(04-19-2020, 05:02 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Not even.

Come back to Planet Earth please. The Bengals have a lot of missing pieces, new coaches, new schemes, new playbooks, and iffy at best play calling. I like Joe Burrow too but I’m not sure one player, even a supremely talented one, is sufficient to overcome these deficiencies.

Lower your bar. I’m thinking it will take maybe two seasons for Cincinnati to even return to the playoffs.

I think you need your sarcasm meter checked...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 01:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: From the latest Bengals Booth Podcast ---

Boomer:

"I go all the way back to when I gave him the helmet on NFL Today after he had won the Heisman trophy and I said 'Look, this is not the dead end street for NFL quarterbacks that you may think it is. As a matter of fact, their are a number of us that have flourished in Cincinnati because Mike Brown understands that he's going to put good players around you and get the most out of you. Just ask Kenny Anderson...ask Andy Dalton...ask Carson Palmer and ask me.'

No team has had as many as four quarterbacks start 93 games in the modern era of the NFL. So, that tells me the franchise understands about stability for that position and I've tried to impart that on Joe, and I'm telling you...now that he's realizing it's his hometown team, that all of his buddies are going to be able to come watch and see him, which will be a whole other set of circumstances he'll have to deal with...that's going to be exciting for him. 

I just wish all of this was taking place in Las Vegas so he could enjoy the entire pomp and circumstance of this very special night, but at the end of the day, it's his hometown team and I equated it to Lebron James going to the Cavaliers about three weeks ago and I got roasted for that. I'm not saying the he is LeBron James. What I'm saying is he's the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft and coming from a town that's 2 hours outside Cincinnati. At the end of the day, he can do for Cincinnati what LeBron James did for Cleveland."

Former Bengals QB and current PFF analyst, Bruce Gradkowski:

"The thing that I love the most is you can just tell he just has that 'it' factor that he brings to a locker room. He's the temperature changer. He's a guy that knows the pulse of a team and can actually help change it. That's what's kind of special about him and what separates him. 

I mean, statistics aside...he blew away every category in PFF last year...you know his game will transition very well to the NFL. It's cool to see, but aside from all that, I just think when you see Brady going from new England to Tampa...my biggest thing what Brady brings is his mindset, and that's what I think that Joe Burrow has. I'm not comparing him to Brady, but I'm comparing his mindset, mentality. 

A lot of the great players have a different type of mindset, mentality that they bring to the game and I think Joe Burrow is one of them." 

I am not afraid of comparing Burrow to Brady, honestly the way he takes hold of a team with his leadership is exactly who he
reminds me of. Plus the way they stand in the pocket, get hit with no fear is very similar and both don't have big arms, they are
just extremely smart and can see the field so well. Brady did us a good service leaving the AFC.

What I love about Burrow the most probably is how he can manipulate a pocket and prolong plays.

Very rare quality.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 02:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Peyton Manning on his conversation with Joe (from ESPN):

"He called me about some of the things that I tried to do as a rookie that maybe he can apply to his NFL career. Looks like it’s going to be for the Cincinnati Bengals. What I told him, ‘Look Joe, if you’re the first pick in the NFL draft you are going to a team that has earned the first pick in the NFL draft. There are going to be some holes there. There’s a reason the Colts were picking No. 1 that year. There’s a reason the Bengals are picking No. 1 this year."

"[Then-Colts coach] Jim Mora never took me out. I learned some things in the fourth quarter of those blowouts about what it took to be an NFL quarterback and the next year we went from 3-13 to 13-3. That wouldn't have happened if I hadn't have hung in there and learned the ropes as a rookie, even though we took some bumps and bruises."

"So that's what I tried to encourage Joe and all the other rookie quarterbacks, that your rookie year is not going to be the same as your senior year in college. But if you learn how fast the defensive backs are, how soon you have to get rid of the ball, understand defenses, you can become a better player and really get it going the year or two after that."

"I threw 28 interceptions my first year. That's still an NFL record. If Joe wants to break that, I'd be OK with that, we'd still be friends."

Lol, I still like Peyton man, even with his commercials. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Geez Carson, comb your hair...
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 01:56 PM)Earendil Wrote: Geez Carson, comb your hair...

Maybe Pat woke him up for the interview. LOL
Reply/Quote
what happens to this board if they don't take this kid?
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 03:38 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: what happens to this board if they don't take this kid?

Go Dolphins?
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 03:38 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: what happens to this board if they don't take this kid?

He was on Schefter's podcast and Adam told him he looked forward to seeing become a Cincinnati Bengal on Thursday night and Joe said thank you. I think it's safe to say that we don't have to worry him not being the pick. 

https://www.himalaya.com/football-podcasts/the-adam-schefter-podcast-262641/the-cincinnati-tag-team-94301775
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 04:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He was on Schefter's podcast and Adam told him he looked forward to seeing become a Cincinnati Bengal on Thursday night and Joe said thank you. I think it's safe to say that we don't have to worry him not being the pick. 

https://www.himalaya.com/football-podcasts/the-adam-schefter-podcast-262641/the-cincinnati-tag-team-94301775

I certainly hope so.

Just raking in that Lowes money already.  ATTA BOY!
Reply/Quote