Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boomer says Bengals should hire Eric Bieniemy
(12-09-2018, 05:20 PM)corpjet Wrote: anyone but HUEyLEWIS

I want a new drug
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
As long as Mike Brown is in charge I have no hope. He'll promote Hue because he's comfortable with him, doesn't matter if he's good or not.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 01:00 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The biggest issue with Bieniemy is why would he come here?

Can stay in KC as the O-Cord until he gets the job that he wants and allows him to be successful. What up and coming coach looks at Cincinnati with this Ownership and history as the place to come and have success? Especially with the Packers job open as well, who would come here instead of going there with that core?

I hear that approach a lot, but I honestly think this is one of the most desirable positions in the NFL.  Why? Here are a few reasons:

1.) Not a short leash.  See Lewis, Marvin.

2.) Talent on the roster

3.) Bar is set low.  See Lewis, Marvin

4.) It is one of 32 head coaching jobs, and would likely increase in pay to the $4-5 million per year range.

5.) Division is in flux:  Piggy is fat and close to retirement (BTW, I LOVED Golic and Wingo this AM talking about Piggy's drama queen status and how he wanted to come in and play "hero ball" after sitting out much of 2nd half and then said today that you KNOW a brace or boot will surface for Piggy to drama up his injured status.  I was dying laughing.  Made my morning even more than watching the Pats lose on a crazy last play).  Baltimore doesn't have a QB.   Cleveland is on the rise, but still not quite there and their coaching status is up in the air.  
Reply/Quote
As much as I hate to say it because I think the guy should have been banned from the league, if the Browns don't give Greg Williams the HC job in Cleveland, we should grab him here.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 01:46 AM)Go Cards Wrote: I want a new drug

The Heart of Rock and Roll is still beating, according to Marvin..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
That would be a very exciting hire.

Instead we’ll get a loser who has the worst record in NFL history.

Reply/Quote
I’m at the point where I honestly don’t care. Haven’t watched them in weeks (which is weird because I usually watch every play even when we’re terrible) and I don’t feel like I’m missing anything. If they keep Marvin or hire Hue I just will keep on not watching.

Mike doing one of those things may be the best thing that could happen to me. Other than randomly checking this site for updates lately I don’t check or watch anything NFL related and it turns out life does go on without football. Never knew I could really kick the addiction but Mike Brown and Roger Goodell are really helping me out.
Reply/Quote
Just so long as it is not Marvin then I will be optimisitc.

Initially I was ok with the thought of Hue taking over (I think he is a better coach and leader than most give him credit for) but at this point I just want them to totally clean house with this coaching staff. We need a fresh start.

I also wouldn't mind cleaning house with some of this roster:
-Trade Burfict for whatever you can get
-Trade AJ and Geno while you can still get a 1/2 for them and give the opp to go win a ring. Those two deserve it.
-Trade Dalton for whatever you can get (we know they won't do this)

IMO a new identity across the board is needed.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 02:58 PM)Trademark Wrote: On the CBS pregame, Boomer said if the Bengals decide to clean house they should hire Eric Bieniemy as the head coach. This would be a great move in opinion

Listen to the man.
Reply/Quote

Reps to you both lol Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 09:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: As much as I hate to say it because I think the guy should have been banned from the league, if the Browns don't give Greg Williams the HC job in Cleveland, we should grab him here.

I know what you mean.  He's breathed new life into that franchise.   If I'm Cleveland I'm staying with what I've got.   They believe in the head coach, believe in the plays being called by the OC and their QB is legit and a firebrand.   A very potent triad.

Won't happen after New Orleans.  And he would never be tame enough to mesh with the ownership here.

All that being said, I really like the Bienemy idea.
Reply/Quote

I want a new team...one that won't make me sick!!
Reply/Quote
I agree. He did extremely well with the Vikings before this.
As the Vikings RB coach, the Vikings ranked 16th, 1st, 5th, and 13th in rushing yards.
Ranked 18th (tied with four teams), 1st, 14th (tied with four teams), and 6th (tied with four teams) in rushing TDs.
He was named assistant head coach to the offense in 2010. Issue was it was Brett Favre's last season, where his age finally caught up with him. Tavaris Jackson and Josh Webb also started for the team this year.
But, the Vikings still ranked 10th in rushing and 7th in rushing TDs that year.

Obviously you see the success the Chiefs are having. And yes, Andy Reid is calling the plays. But these are Bieniemy's plays.
Andy Reid has said before that he does talk to his OCs about play calling.
He did it with Doug Pederson.
He did it with Matt Nagy.
He's doing it with Eric Bieniemy.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
There is no doubting that Bienemy has some coaching talent. However, he's just in his 1st year over an entire offense, after doing a remarkable job as a position coach. Are we sure that he's ready to take over an entire team, and communicate his vision to an entire staff of coaches, especially with an organization featuring such heavy handed Management as the Bengals?

If he did it, and was successful, he'd be a legend. If he failed to produce big things, Bengal fans would certainly hold it against him, although the rest of the NFL would definitely give him a pass for his time in Cincinnati.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 08:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: There is no doubting that Bienemy has some coaching talent.  However, he's just in his 1st year over an entire offense, after doing a remarkable job as a position coach.  Are we sure that he's ready to take over an entire team, and communicate his vision to an entire staff of coaches, especially with an organization featuring such heavy handed Management as the Bengals?

If he did it, and was successful, he'd be a legend.  If he failed to produce big things, Bengal fans would certainly hold it against him, although the rest of the NFL would definitely give him a pass for his time in Cincinnati.

All good points, and kind of why I think he's a boom or bust type of hire.

Another big concern of mine is you're not getting an interview with him until KC gets eliminated.  They appear to be the class of the AFCN, so that may not be until after SB Sunday.  That means a lot of the good assistant coaches will be picked over before you can make the hire.  Plus, if he takes another job, your options may be limited, as a lot of the other top candidates will have already been snapped up.  
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 08:29 PM)Whatever Wrote: All good points, and kind of why I think he's a boom or bust type of hire.

Another big concern of mine is you're not getting an interview with him until KC gets eliminated.  They appear to be the class of the AFCN, so that may not be until after SB Sunday.  That means a lot of the good assistant coaches will be picked over before you can make the hire.  Plus, if he takes another job, your options may be limited, as a lot of the other top candidates will have already been snapped up.  

Well, that is assuming that he's even interested in looking at other jobs right now.  Like I said, he's a 1st year Coordinator.  He's likely still getting used to the dynamic of running the entire offense, while learning from Andy Reid.  There is a completely different dynamic associated with being in charge of the entire team, than just the unit under your charge.  The entire picture changes, an entire vision of a team must be articulated to the staff, with the emphasis on great communication skills.  Then, when you add in the "Bengals factor", the job could get even much tougher.

It's really too bad that the Bengals didn't think of Bienemy when Hue Jackson left for Cleveland.  That would have given him a couple years of Coordinator experience, plus time to get acclimated to the Bengals Management style.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Not saying he would or would not be a good hire. But I'm curious why so many people are high on him? It's Andy Reid's offense and he calls the plays. What about EB is so enticing to you?
Reply/Quote
Why would anyone do this to Eric Bieniemy? He played on the worst Bengal teams in the 1990s and now people suggest he coach even worse Bengal teams?
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 08:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, that is assuming that he's even interested in looking at other jobs right now.  Like I said, he's a 1st year Coordinator.  He's likely still getting used to the dynamic of running the entire offense, while learning from Andy Reid.  There is a completely different dynamic associated with being in charge of the entire team, than just the unit under your charge.  The entire picture changes, an entire vision of a team must be articulated to the staff, with the emphasis on great communication skills.  Then, when you add in the "Bengals factor", the job could get even much tougher.

It's really too bad that the Bengals didn't think of Bienemy when Hue Jackson left for Cleveland.  That would have given him a couple years of Coordinator experience, plus time to get acclimated to the Bengals Management style.

The Chiefs made a splash this year with the Anthony Hitchens and Sammy Watkins signings, but they are not a typically a team that is heavily involved in the deep end of FA.  They make a lot of Bengals-esque scrap heap type signings, too.  Bienemy knows Mikey, so he would actually have a good idea on how much he can push him when it comes to FA help.  

As a former RB coach and NFL RB himself, I think the prospect of having Mixon and Gio at his disposal would be enticing.  He would also have a HoF WR in AJ, a budding star in Boyd, and a player very similar to one they've had a lot of success in KC with in Ross.  Opinions on Andy vary, but as a potential HC, even if Andy isn't his guy, he's good enough to not get him fired while he searches for that dream QB.  TE needs addressed and you probably need a couple of new starters on the OL, but there's a lot of tools to work with.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 09:18 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Heart of Rock and Roll is still beating, according to Marvin..

If this is it, then I guess we have to be Happy to be Stuck with Hue.
Reply/Quote