Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Boomer wants new jerseys
(05-16-2020, 10:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Couple of thoughts.... Boomer hasn't been the biggest Bengals fan for years, now it seems he's jumping back on the bandwagon. I've always like Boomer, but this is pretty transparent. Secondly, I like our jerseys. I don't think there's a thing wrong with them. My favorite, outside of the color rush, is the white with black pants or black with white pants. Not a fan of the solid orange. And thirdly, as Boomer should know, league rules forbid helmet color changes so a white helmet with the color rush is not an option.

Not sure that's true. Rams & Bears

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ocregister.com%2Fwp...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.vox-cdn.com%2Fthumb...f=1&nofb=1]
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fusatbearswire.files.wor...f=1&nofb=1][Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fusatbearswire.files.wor...f=1&nofb=1]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2020, 04:40 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Not sure that's true. Rams & Bears

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ocregister.com%2Fwp...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.vox-cdn.com%2Fthumb...f=1&nofb=1]
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fusatbearswire.files.wor...f=1&nofb=1][Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fusatbearswire.files.wor...f=1&nofb=1]

It's absolutely true... look at your own picture. They changed the decals, they did not change the base color of the helmet. If we wanted white stripes on the orange helmet, we could do that. What we cannot do is change from an orange helmet to a white one.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 09:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Horrible.

What's horrible about it?
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2020, 10:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's absolutely true... look at your own picture. They changed the decals, they did not change the base color of the helmet. If we wanted white stripes on the orange helmet, we could do that. What we cannot do is change from an orange helmet to a white one.

Wow. Thanks for the clarification. Do you know the rationale for that rule? 

IMHO, that's one of the dumbest rules I've ever heard of. I mean, who cares what a team does to their helmets?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 01:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I will never understand the hate for the striped B. It’s a million times better than the leaping tiger that looked like a high school logo. I do like the Bengal head, but just no to the leaping tiger.

Agreed 100%, though I like the tiger...

Prefer the head to the body completely and the B is nice and clean, always has been.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
IMHO, I think it's long past time.

To each their own, but I think this organization could use a drastic makeover in the uniform department. And I think this year would have been a great time to do it.

I know some people love the helmets, and consider them to be iconic. Fwiw, I really don't. Yes, they've been around a long time. Yes, we did have some success in them at times. But there's just been so much terrible football that has played throughout their time. And during that same time, there's obviously been a public perception that this is a losing franchise, or a cheap franchise.

That, to me, is kind of what the helmet has somewhat come to represent. A franchise that has often been the butt of many of jokes. And I'm not sure the design of it is just that great or iconic to be able to overcome that.

It would be one thing if it was our original helmet, or in the same vein, but it's not. It's not like we've had one simple design throughout our history,a nd it's been the striped helmet.

I just think a nice, modern approach and complete redesign would work well with what we're currently doing. We've got new(er) coach, a a tremendous rookie QB talent, and a recent spluge in FA that has never been seen here before. The team and staff has seen a major overhaul as of late.

So why not go with something fresh? Why not roll out a complete redesign to basically say "Hey, this isn't the same old Bengals anymore"

I know some think uniforms are meaningless, and I guess to an extent they are right. But I do think there's something to be said about supeficial things helping to turn their page, so to speak.

I'd just absolutely love to see them to completely overhaul the uniforms here soon. The more new and exciting the better. Marvin was stale, Carson/Andy were stale. Brat/Alexander/Hayes...stale, stale, stale. The helmets? Stale. Uniforms? Stale.

PS Before they do anything with the uniforms please get rid of that vinyl Jungle boarder that surrounds the field. (The one with the black background and green blades of grass). It looks like Mike sent Lippencott up to Kinkos in 2001 to order 400 yards of it, and it's been here ever since. It looks it belongs in arena league. Get rid of it!!!!
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2020, 11:50 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Wow. Thanks for the clarification. Do you know the rationale for that rule? 

IMHO, that's one of the dumbest rules I've ever heard of. I mean, who cares what a team does to their helmets?

Hey, don't ask me to explain it, I think it's dumb too.... just one of those made up rules the NFL implemented with no obvious reason. I'm sure, somewhere, there's a reason, but I don't know why.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2020, 12:10 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: IMHO, I think it's long past time.

To each their own, but I think this organization could use a drastic makeover in the uniform department.  And I think this year would have been a great time to do it.

I know some people love the helmets, and consider them to be iconic.  Fwiw, I really don't.  Yes, they've been around a long time.  Yes, we did have some success in them at times.  But there's just been so much terrible football that has played throughout their time.  And during that same time, there's obviously been a public perception that this is a losing franchise, or a cheap franchise.

That, to me, is kind of what the helmet has somewhat come to represent.  A franchise that has often been the butt of many of jokes.  And I'm not sure the design of it is just that great or iconic to be able to overcome that.

It would be one thing if it was our original helmet, or in the same vein, but it's not.  It's not like we've had one simple design throughout our history,a nd it's been the striped helmet.

I just think a nice, modern approach and complete redesign would work well with what we're currently doing.  We've got new(er) coach, a a tremendous rookie QB talent, and a recent spluge in FA that has never been seen here before.  The team and staff has seen a major overhaul as of late.

So why not go with something fresh?  Why not roll out a complete redesign to basically say "Hey, this isn't the same old Bengals anymore"

I know some think uniforms are meaningless, and I guess to an extent they are right.  But I do think there's something to be said about supeficial things helping to turn their page, so to speak.

I'd just absolutely love to see them to completely overhaul the uniforms here soon. The more new and exciting the better.  Marvin was stale, Carson/Andy were stale. Brat/Alexander/Hayes...stale, stale, stale.  The helmets?  Stale. Uniforms? Stale.

PS Before they do anything with the uniforms please get rid of that vinyl Jungle boarder that surrounds the field.  (The one with the black background and green blades of grass).  It looks like Mike sent Lippencott up to Kinkos in 2001 to order 400 yards of it, and it's been here ever since.  It looks it belongs in arena league. Get rid of it!!!!

Well what are they going to replace the stripes with, a picture of a Tiger head? That's been done to death by the Panthers and Jaguars. The stripes rock and are the most unique helmet in the NFL. And since PBS is the Jungle, I like the Jungle scene. 
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2020, 12:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well what are they going to replace the stripes with, a picture of a Tiger head? That's been done to death by the Panthers and Jaguars. The stripes rock and are the most unique helmet in the NFL. And since PBS is the Jungle, I like the Jungle scene. 

The stripes don't have to be replaced completely. There's also a lot of things they could do outside of a tiger head. They could have a claw mark logo with stripes inside the marks or some variation like that. The paw print is sorta taken by Clemson, but there's that. They could forsake a logo on the helmet all together and go the letter route... Think Mets, Yankees, Reds, Dodgers etc etc etc. They could modernize the original helmets with just the word Bengals but with a lil more pop.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2020, 11:50 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Wow. Thanks for the clarification. Do you know the rationale for that rule? 

(05-17-2020, 12:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hey, don't ask me to explain it, I think it's dumb too.... just one of those made up rules the NFL implemented with no obvious reason. I'm sure, somewhere, there's a reason, but I don't know why.

I'd say it has something to do with player safety 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2020, 10:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's absolutely true... look at your own picture. They changed the decals, they did not change the base color of the helmet. If we wanted white stripes on the orange helmet, we could do that. What we cannot do is change from an orange helmet to a white one.

What about the Steelers yellow helmets I posted? Those are not just different decals.

(05-17-2020, 11:22 AM)Earendil Wrote: What's horrible about it?

The stripes are way too thick, the white on the back is weird, and the matte finish doesn’t look as good as our current glossy ones.

Reply/Quote
You have to keep the striped helmets it just wouldn't be the same without them.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 12:27 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Exactly. Although black may look cool, you don’t want to battle the sun.

That would be like leaving doggie in the car with no a/c running.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2020, 01:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What about the Steelers yellow helmets I posted? Those are not just different decals.

Pretty sure that was before the rule. 

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2020, 01:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure that was before the rule. 

That could be. I know Hines Ward was still playing, so it’s been awhile.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2020, 01:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd say it has something to do with player safety 

How? 
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2020, 01:22 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: That would be like leaving doggie in the car with no a/c running.   Hilarious

Nicely put. I can relate to that! Next time my wife does that, I'm gonna shit on her seat.  Wink

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 12:36 AM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/15/boomer-esiason-wants-bengals-redo-horrific-uniforms-jerseys/amp/

Would have been nice now with Burrow and all... maybe within the next 3 years. I agree the Oklahoma State jerseys he is referring to are pretty sharp. Basically all black jersey top with orange numbers. Pretty slick with the black pants. Would be really sweet with our helmet. Also mentions white alternative jerseys...

My experience has been no jersey or uniform combo keeps me tuned in or in the stands if they play like crap in them.

I hope they spend time and energy fixing the guys who ear them, the coaches who coach the guys wearing them and then win. Winning is not the jersey, has nothing to do with it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2020, 01:52 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: How? 
As I suspected:
https://uni-watch.com/an-faq-for-the-nfls-helmet-rule/

Quote:What is the thinking behind the rule?

The idea is to limit the number of helmets that players wear during a season, because new helmets can be unsafe if they’re worn fresh out of the box, without a lengthy “break-in” period.

Wouldn’t a new helmet actually be safer than an old one that’s gotten banged up over the course of eight or nine games?

That does seem somewhat logical, or at least intuitive. But those two advisory committees believe it’s safer, on balance, for a player to stick with one helmet for the entire season.

Reply/Quote
They need to put Mike Brown's silhouette face on the helmet for 1 season to end the stripped helmet discussion then bring it back forever and ever.. Hehe
Reply/Quote