Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Boomer wants new jerseys
(05-17-2020, 01:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What about the Steelers yellow helmets I posted? Those are not just different decals.

The stripes are way too thick, the white on the back is weird, and the matte finish doesn’t look as good as our current glossy ones.

That's fair. I disagree, but I can see why you might not like them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Be careful what you wish for. They actually wore these for a season.
[Image: caribous%20of%20colorado.jpg]
[Image: sport-015.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=...a089452070]
[Image: Caribous-of-Colorado-team-pic.jpg?null&i...k=a8ffp1uS]
https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/07/30/strange-true-story-caribous-colorado-and-their-unforgettable-fringe-uniforms
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 08:45 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-contemplating-rule-change-for-helmets-that-could-lead-to-return-of-multiple-classic-throwback-uniforms/

No disrespect to you, but dammit, I was this close to my eternal goal of getting through one damn day without seeing a ***** Geico commercial.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Go back to the clean, classic look of the 60's, 70's era unis and keep the current goofy helmets for all the people obsessed with stripes.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2020, 05:22 PM)McC Wrote: Go back to the clean, classic  look of the 60's, 70's era unis and keep the current goofy helmets for all the people obsessed with stripes.

Now yer talk'in
Reply/Quote
I started watching this team as a child because of the uniforms and Boomer. Love Boomer and I love the jerseys we have now, wouldn’t be the same at all.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2020, 05:22 PM)McC Wrote: Go back to the clean, classic  look of the 60's, 70's era unis and keep the current goofy helmets for all the people obsessed with stripes.

Those old uniforms looked like High School uniforms. No thanks. If we go in a different direction, it needs to be more futuristic, not a reversion to the high school days.
Reply/Quote
Our uniforms are fine.

I would say the black pants are far better than the white, every combination of our kit looks better with the black pants. I'm not keen on our Orange/Black with white pants.

Orange and black, White and black, Black and black all look great
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2020, 08:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Those old uniforms looked like High School uniforms. No thanks. If we go in a different direction, it needs to be more futuristic, not a reversion to the high school days.

Bullshit.  Futuristic wears out in a couple years and makes you look back at in a few years and ask wtf was I thinking.  It's why people don't have mohawk haircuts or wear striped bell bottoms any more but still do wear Levis.  Sophisticated minds understand this.

It's why the Cowboys have the most popular unis in the league every year. Find an iconic look and you never have to change it. It's why CEO's don't wear skinny suits. Classic never goes out of style.

Reply/Quote

That would make us like the Brown's twin brother.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2020, 11:33 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: That would make us like the Brown's twin brother.   Ninja

Right.  Because brown and black are exactly the same color.

Reply/Quote

I'm on board.   Really I could go for the pumpkin head helmets too.   I liked the look.

Will never happen, but I'm definitely on board with the original unis - maybe add black on black, orange jerzeys and color rush - but I like the simplicity of the original uniforms.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know they're basically carbon copies of the Browns, but I love the 1960's/1970's uniforms. Even the "BENGALS" helmet. I genuinely wouldn't mind if they went back to that look for a decade.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2020, 10:35 AM)McC Wrote: Bullshit.  Futuristic wears out in a couple years and makes you look back at in a few years and ask wtf was I thinking.  It's why people don't have mohawk haircuts or wear striped bell bottoms any more but still do wear Levis.  Sophisticated minds understand this.

It's why the Cowboys have the most popular unis in the league every year.  Find an iconic look and you never have to change it.  It's why CEO's don't wear skinny suits.  Classic never goes out of style.

Bullshit. That's just your opinion. (see how that works) Sophisticated....ok Hilarious
And every classic look was once futuristic.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2020, 09:20 AM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: Our uniforms are fine.

I would say the black pants are far better than the white, every combination of our kit looks better with the black pants. I'm not keen on our Orange/Black with white pants.

Orange and black, White and black, Black and black all look great

Agree on the black pants. Used to always change to black pants in madden with orange tops.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2020, 04:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bullshit. That's just your opinion. (see how that works) Sophisticated....ok Hilarious
And every classic look was once futuristic.

Again...bullshit.

I don't think you understand classic or futuristic. Futuristic NEVER becomes classic. That's why nobody's walking around wearing Cpt. Kirk jumpsuits.

And apparently, it doesn't take much to make you laugh like a fool. Hell, it doesn't even take humor.

Reply/Quote

Yeah - go to the knock off Browns unis....

no thanks.

I would love to see them go back to the base 80's unis with a little modernization to it.
Reply/Quote
Also - I'm pretty sure that the team needs to notify the league 1 year in advance of changing uniforms. I would assume this has something to do with buying materials and production.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2020, 07:48 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Also  - I'm pretty sure that the team needs to notify the league 1 year in advance of changing uniforms.  I would assume this has something to do with buying materials and production.

In order to have new uniforms next year they will need to have applied by March of this year.  It's only been 2 months.  It's possible they did.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure Mikey won't make major color changes (white tiger), so with that said i like these.

[Image: 17512f1344141438.jpg]

[Image: 215ca31344141433.jpg]

[Image: b6b3201344141441.jpg]

Reply/Quote