Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Boomers Top 5 Qb's under 30 years old
Here is Boomer's take...

http://bcove.me/fowqmx89

FYI Boomer some on here will be sure you did not know this information...

Andy Dalton
Born: October 29, 1987 (age 27), Katy, TX
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 10:59 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Here is Boomer's take...

LINK

FYI Boomer some on here will be sure you did not know this information...

Andy Dalton
Born: October 29, 1987 (age 27), Katy, TX

Doesn't go to the video with boomer, but I did find it, and I agree with Luck, and Ryan but not anyone else.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 11:09 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Doesn't go to the video with boomer, but I did find it, and I agree with Luck, and Ryan but not anyone else.

I changed it...thanks for letting me know. Reps!
Reply/Quote
*shrugs* I'll take Dalton over Ryan right now. And maybe Russ Wilson too. That is to say, if someone was offering to straight up trade Dalton for Matt Ryan or Russ Wilson, I'd stick with Dalton. That's my opinion and you can say the stats don't support that or that I'm crazy or whatever, but that's how I feel.

Reply/Quote
I'm still holding out my last strand of hope for Dalton. I however find a strange that there aren't any reports on how McCarron is doing in OTA's. We've been waiting to see if we got something in him but radio silence.
Reply/Quote
The only guy I have a problem with making that list is Stafford to tell you the truth. Dude is a volume passer that's the main reason why he averages so many yards.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I have zero problem with Boomer's list. I agree with him on his top 5.

I think Dalton is right up there with Stafford though, even though Stafford has perhaps the strongest arm in the NFL.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm not really high on Stafford at all to be honest. But it's difficult to argue someone else into his position. So can't really fault Boomer for this list at all. Pretty solid in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 07:23 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'm not really high on Stafford at all to be honest. But it's difficult to argue someone else into his position. So can't really fault Boomer for this list at all. Pretty solid in my opinion.

Agree on Stafford.  He'll never win anything.  Without Megatron, he'd be pretty damned average.

Newton is still living off perceived potential.  His progression has been pretty slow. 

Matt Ryan is 30.  In my understanding of numbers, being 30 makes Ryan not under 30.

Basically, what this all means is that the under 30 QB pickings is pretty slim.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 12:19 AM)bonesaw Wrote: I'm still holding out my last strand of hope for Dalton.  I however find a strange that there aren't any reports on how McCarron is doing in OTA's.  We've been waiting to see if we got something in him but radio silence.

We do have something in McCarron. We have a 5th round backup QB. I think if you are holding out hope for anything more then you are going to be disappointed. Let's face it Alabama continually puts together monster teams with extremely pedestrian QBs.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 10:08 AM)OSUfan Wrote: We do have something in McCarron. We have a 5th round backup QB. I think if you are holding out hope for anything more then you are going to be disappointed. Let's face it Alabama continually puts together monster teams with extremely pedestrian QBs.

They sure do.

With McCarron you just have to wait to see how he looks when you can judge his progress and ceiling in the league. Will have our answers come training camp.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
honestly i think Stafford and Dalton are so very equal in my opinion, they both have benefited from having great WR's , I think Matt Ryan is overrated , i think if you take Wilson out of Seattle he ins't anywhere near as hyped as he is right now, and i think we'll see just how good he is this year with the offense being relied on a little more with them losing a couple pieces on defense.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 11:51 AM)fozzie11 Wrote: I think Matt Ryan is overrated , i think if you take Wilson out of Seattle he ins't anywhere near as hyped as he is right now

is Andy in this boat or does he **** gold?
Reply/Quote
Not sure Ryan is "under 30" as other posters have said. If you exclude him, I think Dalton is #5 and possibly #4 (with Stafford slipping to #5).
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 11:51 AM)fozzie11 Wrote: honestly i think Stafford and Dalton are so very equal in my opinion, they both have benefited from having great WR's , I think Matt Ryan is overrated , i think if you take Wilson out of Seattle he ins't anywhere near as hyped as he is right now, and i think we'll see just how good he is this year with the offense being relied on a little more with them losing a couple pieces on defense.

You DO realize that Matt Ryan also has benefitted from good WR's and has even had to pay without them?
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 02:43 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: You DO realize that Matt Ryan also has benefitted from good WR's and has even had to pay without them?

Most people don't realize that other teams have very good weapons.
Reply/Quote
Well, when I posted Boomer's support of Dalton at "that other place", I was told he didn't know what the hell he was talking about......so there's that. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 09:30 AM)Wyche Wrote: Well, when I posted Boomer's support of Dalton at "that other place", I was told he didn't know what the hell he was talking about......so there's that. Mellow

Yep,

I like others ain't so sure I'd rank Stafford ahead of Dalton they're sort of mirror images of each other with Stafford having a stronger arm. In fact Detroit and Cincinnati are sorta mirror images of each other. Ironic in ways since Detroit came from Portsmouth huh ?

Anyways both have to prove they can be more consistent to move up into the upper tier. The rest of the list I agree with. But with a side note on Wilson seeing if he can still be Mr. Clutch without the best RB/Defense in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 09:59 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep,

I like others ain't so sure I'd rank Stafford ahead of Dalton they're sort of mirror images of each other with Stafford having a stronger arm. In fact Detroit and Cincinnati are sorta mirror images of each other. Ironic in ways since Detroit came from Portsmouth huh ?

Anyways both have to prove they can be more consistent to move up into the upper tier. The rest of the list I agree with. But with a side note on Wilson seeing if he can still be Mr. Clutch without the best RB/Defense in the NFL.

Absolutely.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 09:11 AM)McC Wrote: Agree on Stafford.  He'll never win anything.  Without Megatron, he'd be pretty damned average.

Newton is still living off perceived potential.  His progression has been pretty slow. 

Matt Ryan is 30.  In my understanding of numbers, being 30 makes Ryan not under 30.

Basically, what this all means is that the under 30 QB pickings is pretty slim.

While this is mostly true, it's unfortunately more of a coincidence as well.

He specified in the video that it was 30 and under. 
Reply/Quote