Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Such Masterful Diplomacy
Team Biden was supposed to be such an improvement over the Trump administration, when it came to the World stage..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/what-grievances-turned-a-us-china-photo-op-into-verbal-combat/ar-BB1eLvqa?ocid=msedgntp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I thought he was supposed to be “China Joe” who was best friends with China? We are now upset that the administration is actually coming out tough on China? Calling them out over genocide deserves all the brouhaha it got.
Reply/Quote
The fact that he put China off was one of the few things I did not hate about Donald Trump.

As of now Biden has not fallen in love with Kim. I'm still good.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 10:39 AM)hollodero Wrote: The fact that he put China off was one of the few things I did not hate about Donald Trump.

I did not agree with all his specific policies toward Chine, but, like you, I was glad he called them out on a lot of their unfair trade practices.

Now I can say the exact same for Biden.  Glad he is at least putting on a show of "standing up to China", but I don't see any real policy to address the problems.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I did not agree with all his specific policies toward Chine, but, like you, I was glad he called them out on a lot of their unfair trade practices.

Now I can say the exact same for Biden.  Glad he is at least putting on a show of "standing up to China", but I don't see any real policy to address the problems.

Pretty much. I think a lot of people mistook issues with specific policies to be an overall "we want to be friendly with China" attitude, which is far from the truth. China needs to be taken to task for a lot of things, but the policies of the previous administration were not well crafted.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Just a note in case you forgot . . . being tough on our enemies is not a bad thing.

Being insulting to our Allies while coddling our sworn enemies is not good diplomacy. The last 4 years were embarrassing in this regard.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 10:00 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Team Biden was supposed to be such an improvement over the Trump administration, when it came to the World stage..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/what-grievances-turned-a-us-china-photo-op-into-verbal-combat/ar-BB1eLvqa?ocid=msedgntp

I am seeing an improvement here. And China is worried. (They need to stop listening to Fox. China Joe ain't lookin' for kickbacks.)

It would help U.S. finger wagging over human rights if we hadn't recently invaded a sovereign Middle Eastern country on a manufactured pretext, and then helped another create a massive and wholly unnecessary famine.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 10:00 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Team Biden was supposed to be such an improvement over the Trump administration, when it came to the World stage..

And how does this prove he is not an improvement?
Reply/Quote
I suppose time will tell with Biden/Harris and China, but I'm not optimistic. Trump, for all his flaws, is the first POTUS to actually call them out for their BS and try and do something about it. Whether you think what he did had any efficacy is, of course, up for debate. From Clinton to Obama all they did was ignore at best and placate at worst. Of course, they feared tanking the economy by taking anything resembling a hard line with them, but that only kicks the can down the road.

I'm actually more interested in what Putin gets up to in the next 3 1/2 years. He was pretty quiet during the Trump years, and I honestly think it's because Trump was erratic enough that Putin couldn't be sure of his response to any acts of aggression. I don't think he's going to have the same concerns with Biden/Harris. Again, time will tell.
Reply/Quote