Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Border Crossings On Pace For Two-Decade High
(03-22-2021, 12:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: You didn't answer any of my questions though.

You can create all the policies you want but if you don't fund the enforcement of them it's just farting in the wind.

Much like the IRS doesn't have the funds to actually enforce the tax code, that is really the issue with most things. Maybe we should fund the IRS to actually collect all the tax cheats and recover those funds then when can move the funds to INS to go after the businesses still actively employing illegal immigrants.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 12:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: Much like the IRS doesn't have the funds to actually enforce the tax code, that is really the issue with most things. Maybe we should fund the IRS to actually collect all the tax cheats and recover those funds then when can move the funds to INS to go after the businesses still actively employing illegal immigrants.

I'd agree!  Fund the agencies and let them do their jobs.  Same with Welfare, child services, etc.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 12:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: While I understand you don't care, ethically that is something that can't be done. Doctors literally aren't allowed to refuse medical service to someone in an emergency over things like...well basically anything. Prisoners get healthcare, you simply can't refuse it to people because they are here illegally. Now things that aren't emergencies I guess you could make that argument, however, I doubt a lot of those people seek optional medical treatment.

I understand that.  If someone was here illegally and something life threating emergent happened I would want them to get care..................then deported immediately.   
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 12:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: Much like the IRS doesn't have the funds to actually enforce the tax code, that is really the issue with most things. Maybe we should fund the IRS to actually collect all the tax cheats and recover those funds then when can move the funds to INS to go after the businesses still actively employing illegal immigrants.

(03-22-2021, 12:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'd agree!  Fund the agencies and let them do their jobs.  Same with Welfare, child services, etc.

We just found at least 5T, so ya, fund them.    I don't cheat on my taxes, so i'm game.  Drug test welfare recipients while you are at it.  Limit what can be bought also.  
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 01:34 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: We just found at least 5T, so ya, fund them.    I don't cheat on my taxes, so i'm game.  Drug test welfare recipients while you are at it.  Limit what can be bought also.  

I believe studies have shown drug testing welfare recipients is actually more expensive than any potential savings from cutting them off.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 01:30 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I understand that.  If someone was here illegally and something life threating emergent happened I would want them to get care..................then deported immediately.   

So you are willing to alter your strict policies?

Doesn't that seem to undermine your initial theory that if we have to have strict policies and strictly adhere to them?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 01:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: I believe studies have shown drug testing welfare recipients is actually more expensive than any potential savings from cutting them off.

I wasn't talking about from a money perspective.  If you can by drugs, you shouldn't get welfare.  

Plus, like the immigration example, if you know you cannot get welfare while taking drugs and you know you will be tested I wonder how many people would magically drop off of, or never apply for welfare.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 01:42 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I wasn't talking about from a money perspective.  If you can by drugs, you shouldn't get welfare.  

Plus, like the immigration example, if you know you cannot get welfare while taking drugs and you know you will be tested I wonder how many people would magically drop off of, or never apply for welfare.

Ahh, context of what I was talking about was finding money to actually do things. If your talking about a net loss to taxpayers that’s another discussion for another thread I guess.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 01:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: So you are willing to alter your strict policies?

Doesn't that seem to undermine your initial theory that if we have to have strict policies and strictly adhere to them?

I guess, if that is how you interpret it.  Not much you can do if someone is dying; gotta help them.  I did say immediately deport, so that goes along with strict rules.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 01:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: Ahh, context of what I was talking about was finding money to actually do things. If your talking about a net loss to taxpayers that’s another discussion for another thread I guess.

Ya, that's what I meant, but it could result in a long term net gain depending on how many people are taking drugs that are on welfare.  2 strikes your out so they cannot keep reapplying.  I don't know.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 12:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The right-wing media is to blame for this problem.

The ONLY people who claim that Biden and the Democrats in general are in favor of "open borders" are the ones repeating speaking points from the right-wing media.  NONE of the Democrats who have discussed immigration policy have proposed "open borders", but that is the speaking point used by the right wing media and spread by its followers.

So if any of these immigrants have been told they could get into the United States because of Biden's "open borders" policy they have heard it from the right-wing echo chamber.

The exact same thing happened with gun owners when Obama got elected.  There was a huge increase in gun purchases because a lot of people fell for the line from the right-wing media about how Obama was going to take everyone's guns.

Then why are illegals flowing in non stop right now? In crowds?  
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 02:24 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I guess, if that is how you interpret it.  Not much you can do if someone is dying; gotta help them.  I did say immediately deport, so that goes along with strict rules.

Just that you went for "nothing at all" to helping them.  When do deport?  When they are completely healed?

(03-22-2021, 02:25 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Ya, that's what I meant, but it could result in a long term net gain depending on how many people are taking drugs that are on welfare.  2 strikes your out so they cannot keep reapplying.  I don't know.

Does this apply to everyone getting public money?  All elected officials say.  

What do we do about false positives?  Do we punish children because their mother took a hit of someone else's joint?

Or we are talking "strict policies" again?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 02:25 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Ya, that's what I meant, but it could result in a long term net gain depending on how many people are taking drugs that are on welfare.  2 strikes your out so they cannot keep reapplying.  I don't know.

Data shows it's usually less than 1% of welfare recipients as a whole that tests positive for drugs while on welfare, some states caught nobody. The narrative of those on welfare using drugs doesn't match the data, and frankly wasting money chasing that low of a percentage of that population makes no sense. Add in that most were likely Marijuana positives, which is on a road to being legal in the majority of states in the next 5 years, and it just isn't something that is worth a net loss to the tax payer.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 09:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: There are lots of major right-wing news sources.  Breitbart, Washington Times, New York Post, Daily Caller, The Blaze, OAN, Newsmax, Wall Street Journal, The Federalist, etc.

If you look at the main news outlets, like MSNBC, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc, which is what I was referring to because that's where most people get their news beyond just quick click-bate links, especially because they're also on TV, they're all left-wing, with the exception of Fox.

I know you don't look at links that contradict your biased beliefs, but here's a video of an illegal immigrant saying that he only came here because Joe Biden was elected and would never have tried to come here under Trump.  

[video=facebook][/video]

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 01:42 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: If you know you cannot get welfare while taking drugs and you know you will be tested I wonder how many people would magically drop off of, or never apply for welfare.

Not that many. They have tried it before (in Florida I believe) and the cost of testing everyone cost more than the people they cut off were drawing.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 03:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not that many. They have tried it before (in Florida I believe) and the cost of testing everyone cost more than the people they cut off were drawing.

But I was not talking about the cost originally.  Just that people who are using drugs should be disqualified from receiving welfare.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 02:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: Data shows it's usually less than 1% of welfare recipients as a whole that tests positive for drugs while on welfare, some states caught nobody. The narrative of those on welfare using drugs doesn't match the data, and frankly wasting money chasing that low of a percentage of that population makes no sense. Add in that most were likely Marijuana positives, which is on a road to being legal in the majority of states in the next 5 years, and it just isn't something that is worth a net loss to the tax payer.

I do agree on the weed issue.  If you can smoke ciggys and buy alcohol, you certainly should be able to smoke/vape/eat weed.  Especially since it is the least harmful of the 3.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 02:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I know you don't look at links that contradict your biased beliefs, but here's a video of an illegal immigrant saying that he only came here because Joe Biden was elected and would never have tried to come here under Trump.  

Follow that guy and arrest the first person who hires him.

EDIT - Arrest the person who hires him, not the illegal himself. I feel like you've given me positive rep by accident. We need to stop focusing on the downtrodden illegals and arrest the Americans who willingly lure the illegals to this country.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 04:13 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I do agree on the weed issue.  If you can smoke ciggys and buy alcohol, you certainly should be able to smoke/vape/eat weed.  Especially since it is the least harmful of the 3.

If you don't let people on welfare do drugs or smoke or drink they'll live a lot longer and be on welfare longer, though.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 02:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If you look at the main news outlets, like MSNBC, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc, which is what I was referring to because that's where most people get their news beyond just quick click-bate links, especially because they're also on TV, they're all left-wing, with the exception of Fox.
Fox, OAN and Newsmax are Right Wing and only report on a Republican when it benefits another Republican. CNN and some of MSNBC is Left Wing. The rest of the Main Stream Media lean left . . . that is not Left Wing. They'll all report on a Democrat. That's a big difference between them and the Right Wing. It's not the facts that the Right Wing Media tells you, it's the facts that they choose to hold back that makes them a joke to Independents and Democrats
Quote:I know you don't look at links that contradict your biased beliefs 
Irony, Ladies and gentlemen. Shaking my f*<%ing head.
Quote:here's a video of an illegal immigrant saying that he only came here because Joe Biden was elected and would never have tried to come here under Trump. 
That's because America under Trump was becoming a shithole country. Who would want to go to that?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote