Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bored before a HS Football Night Mock
Thought I would throw together a Mock Draft while I'm waiting on games to begin. Obviously it's a really rough draft. I'm using the Fanspeak projections for our compensatory picks and CBS' draft projections.

1. - Charles Harris, DE, Missouri

A wrecking ball of a pass rusher who tends to get a little high at times, but scouts seem to think it can be fixed easily. He comes from a long line of Mizzou DE's and figures to be a high caliber guy coming off the edge.

2  - Ethan Pocic, C, LSU

Our history with LSU offensive linemen has been pretty good, and this continues our theme of going with SEC guys in the draft. Pocic is a guy who can slot in day one, and we know how much we all love Bodine right now.

3 - Eddie Vanderdoes, DL, UCLA

Vanderdoes was a highly rated prospect coming out of high school and unfortunately has had some injury woes at UCLA. I think that's going to ding him a little in the draft, but the Bengals have been opportunistic and can grab him at a discount and develop him as a power guy with upside and another D-Lineman to give the Bengals depth.

4A - Jalen Reeves-Maybin, OLB, Tennessee

Reeves-Maybin is a do-it-all athlete on the field and would probably be a weakside OLB in the NFL. He's speedy and can make tackles and is also a special teams guy as well. He'll do some dumb stuff from time to time, but he's got the skills that will let him become a solid contributor.

4B - Johnny Caspers, OG, Stanford

Another in the long line of Stanford offensive linemen, Caspers is a versatile player who could potentially play at any of the three inside slots. He's got the benefit of the doubt playing for a team who focuses on the run, but he's good with leverage even if he doesn't measure out great. Some think he could end up at Center, but grabbing a guy who can play three spots on the line here is a nice luxury pick.

5A - Fred Ross, WR, Mississippi State

Ross is arguably one of the SEC's best receivers, even if his name hasn't been discussed that much. Can turn it up a gear after the catch and has the measurables, unfortunately he sometimes struggles with the transition from catch to run and may drop a few here and there.

5B - Kevin King, CB, Washington

Total luxury pick here, but King is 6'3 and plays fluidly as a corner. I expect him to jump up draft boards, but right now he's projected to go later than I think he will. As we've seen from the Bengals CB play this year, there's always room for more talent and more competition. King delivers that.

6A - Riley Bullough, MLB, Michigan State

Bullough is a tough-as-nails leader at MSU who has good lateral moves and doesn't have to leave the field on third downs. He would provide depth at MLB and possibly develop into a starter down the road. He's a tackling machine and can pick a pass off from time to time.

6B - Jake Elliot, K, Memphis

We all love and hate Mike Nugent, but Elliot is arguably the best kicker in not only this year's draft, but the entire NCAA currently. Elliott booms most of his kickoffs for touchbacks and also shows the accuracy to knock down long field goals. At the very least, he would be competition for Nugent, and at the most he could be a special teams cornerstone for a long time.

7 - Xavier Woods, SS, Louisiana Tech

Maybe my favorite late round guy, Woods shows great leadership and work ethic and has the versatility you want from a safety. He's a little undersized, but in the seventh round you get a guy who can come in and be a special teamer from day one and possibly someone to push Shawn Williams down the road.
Reply/Quote