Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bored on Spring Break Mock
1st - Ja'Marr Chase - WR - LSU

After evaluating the depth, talent, etc, I've become a Chase truther. He's my top WR on the board and opens up the passing game even more for guys like Boyd, Higgins, and Uzomah. The depth in the offensive line for the draft is much deeper than WR. The Bengals would prefer to utilize 11 personnel and Chase would give them an amazing crew of receivers on the field.

2nd - Liam Eichenberg - OT - Notre Dame

Death, taxes, Notre Dame linemen being good in the NFL. Eichenberg is just a solid, talented player who can plug in and do the job. Reiff can kick inside to right guard and Eichenberg will give you solid production at RT from day one.

3rd - Milton Williams - DT - Louisiana Tech

A fast riser over the past year, Williams is an athletic freak who has produced at the college level. He has experience inside and outside on the defensive line and has the talent profile you want for a mid-round pick.

4th - Aaron Banks - OG - Notre Dame

Why not give Eichenberg his buddy back on the offensive line? Banks is good in pass protection and can take on power rushers in the middle of the field when it comes to the run. He can play right away if needed, but in this scenario he becomes depth with Reiff kicking inside.

5th - Charles Snowden - OLB/Edge - Virginia

Snowden is a versatile edge guy who can play DE or OLB, but feels a little like a poor-man's Carl Lawson in that team's aren't sure how to deploy him on defense. He could play standing up or with his hand down, but he gives talent to the defense.

6th - Kylen Granson - TE - SMU

Granson is a Cethan Carter replacement here. He can play TE, FB, or a special teamer. He's a versatile player who fills a lot of needs.

6th - Dazz Newsome - WR - UNC

A slot receiver who can return kickoffs and gives us a new Alex Erickson type with upside. Newsome's special teams ability allows him to stick on the roster.

7th - Jose Borregales - K - Miami

Didn't miss an extra point last year and was perfect outside of 50 yards with a long of 57. Borregales comes in and competes with Seibert immediately.

I know it's not perfect, but I feel like the top end of the draft makes the Bengals better and the back end gives them some special teams talent and depth that they lost in free agency.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote