Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Both Chiefs Tackles Cut
Fisher is coming off a torn Achilles and won't be ready to start the season, but Schwartz should be ready for the season and I am REALLY interested in looking at him potentially.
Reply/Quote
Back injury is scary in a lineman but if the Bengals doctors give it an ok I would love to have Mitchell Schwartz.

....I think the Chiefs might take an offensive tackle early lol. They do have that Lucas Niang who I really wanted in the draft last year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Agree Schwartz intrigues me he's a good player when healthy. I think things get interesting if the Bengals pay a free agent guard and RT starting money and then Chase is gone and Sewell is available at pick # 5. Do they draft Sewell and kick Williams inside ? Do they draft Pitts ? or go another route.
Reply/Quote
If Schwartz is healing well, he would be a great signing. Last year was the first year he ever missed a start, let alone a game, so I am more confident in that being just a fluke bad luck injury.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I also like Schwartz. Lots of options out there, great news for us if we can get a couple good Lineman.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 04:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What is with all the love for Schwartz?  He is not very good at all.

Every time I watched him play, he played well, that is where the love comes from for me...
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 04:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What is with all the love for Schwartz?  He is not very good at all.
 Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 05:03 PM)Au165 Wrote:  Hilarious

There's an upside and a downside to every Schwartz.  Fred must have gotten the downside.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 03:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I also like Schwartz. Lots of options out there, great news for us if we can get a couple good Lineman.

Saw that and wanted to start a thread because it would really open up the draft and free agency for us.

I also couldn't help but think............

[Image: 72e42233a5a9b398917b307e3dd6d22190c3d6bc.gifv]

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 04:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Every time I watched him play, he played well, that is where the love comes from for me...

Right? Must be a rough world where a guy who from 2016-2019 was 2nd or 1st team All-Pro every year is not very good at all.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think they were both cut for health reasons, not salary cap reasons, right?

Unfortunately, this adds KC to the list of OT needy teams.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 09:21 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think they were both cut for health reasons, not salary cap reasons, right?

Idk how big of a hit is Patrick Mahomes making on their salary cap? My thing is they didn’t play in the super bowl and the team looked a lot worse IMO
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 09:21 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think they were both cut for health reasons, not salary cap reasons, right?

I agree, and I would also be very questionable is the Bengals paid either of those guys big money to protect Burrow.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

They're both recovering from injury, but they were cut for cap reasons.  KC is still $4 mil over the cap even after cutting them both.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 12:04 AM)Whatever Wrote: They're both recovering from injury, but they were cut for cap reasons.  KC is still $4 mil over the cap even after cutting them both.

Didn’t know that, thanks. On the NFL Network they said Fisher won’t be ready for the start of the season. And they made it seem like Schwartz’s back problem has lingered some and suggested he might consider retirement. (They aren’t bringing back their center, either)

I think with their injuries they aren’t good candidates for the Bengals next year.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, that Mahomes deal was bound to come back and hit them in lots of areas.

We have a lot more money to spend on OT's then they have, in the end this is what matters for most.

Plus we have Burrow which should bait more players into wanting to play with an up and coming talented QB.

If that back injury is healed with Schwartz he would be a great one for us to pay.

Those achilles injuries though can be tricky which is why I haven't mentioned Fisher.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 07:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Right? Must be a rough world where a guy who from 2016-2019 was 2nd or 1st team All-Pro every year is not very good at all.

Yeah, that post was just laughable from Fred...
Reply/Quote