Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Both teams in Cincy heading to new management
I don't remember a season when both the Reds and Bengals changed nearly their entire staffs in the same year. I don't want to say it's a given both teams will be championship bound, but it would be something if it actually happened. The odds aren't real great, but stranger things have happened. I think they're up against the trillionaire class, but hopefully not impossible that we could be seeing a complete resurgence of both professional teams in Cincinnati. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 04:00 AM)grampahol Wrote: I don't remember a season when both the Reds and Bengals changed nearly their entire staffs in the same year. I don't want to say it's a given both teams will be championship bound, but it would be something if it actually happened. The odds aren't real great, but stranger things have happened. I think they're up against the trillionaire class, but hopefully not impossible that we could be seeing a complete resurgence of both professional teams in Cincinnati. 

It is refreshing for sure.  I can see the Reds reaching .500 maybe 85 wins, which is pretty good considering last year.  Bengals, still have a lot of holes to fill. But if they address linebacker, OL, and maybe TE, they will be decent.  It is nice that both teams changed entire staff.  I cannot remember this happening before.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I can see both teams being more competitive next season. Just how far they can take it up in one off season ?
Reply/Quote
1st time ever the Reds and Bengals both finished last in the same year
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 04:00 AM)grampahol Wrote: I don't remember a season when both the Reds and Bengals changed nearly their entire staffs in the same year. I don't want to say it's a given both teams will be championship bound, but it would be something if it actually happened. The odds aren't real great, but stranger things have happened. I think they're up against the trillionaire class, but hopefully not impossible that we could be seeing a complete resurgence of both professional teams in Cincinnati. 

I was gonna start a thread like this a couple of weeks ago. It’s been awhile since I’ve been excited about both organizations at the same time.
Reply/Quote
There is optimism every time a new manager takes over. Optimism does not necessarily equate to wins. We'll see.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 02:54 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: There is optimism every time a new manager takes over. Optimism does not necessarily equate to wins. We'll see.

True, the Reds have had about 5-6 possible and maybe even probable upgrades to the roster also though.
Reply/Quote