Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bought my first home
Congratulations on taping together that refrigerator box with the washing machine box.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 10:40 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Thank you, everyone. I'll have to take some photos to share once I get everything in place. I have spring break next week, so I'll be doing a lot of work around the place. Besides things like painting and hanging stuff, the first projects are figuring out why the gas dryer isn't producing heat and why the basement shower won't heat up.

If the shower is the only thing that won't heat, and it's a one handle then it is most likely the handle is stripped inside.

As to the dryer, make sure the vent is clear. Disconnect it from the dryer and blow it out with a leaf blower. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 10:40 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: figuring out why the gas dryer isn't producing heat 

Hard to dry your gas if your gas dryer doesn't get hot.

Is that an electric gas dryer or a gas gas dryer?
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 11:08 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I settled on my first house this Friday. Lots of drama around it thanks to the seller trying to not live up to his end of the bargain, but it feels good to actually own a place instead of rent one. Great 1950's town home in Baltimore County, less than a mile from the city line.

Now I get to spend all of my money fixing things around this place! Are there any DIYer's here who know some good sites for home improvement tips/videos/etc?

Congrats!  Now, make good friends with plumbers, HVAC guys, and electricians.  They'll hook you up on shit you don't want to work on, the rest you can learn. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Youtube vote here too. I typed in lawnmower runs for a few seconds and stops and it showed me how to remove and dry the carburetor bowl. Another time my shower wouldn't turn off. I don't mean dripping, but full on. It showed me how to replace the valve cartridge. $12 for a special tool, and $39 for the new part. Probably a $200 job minimum. And I am absolutely a person who was never taught how to fix anything. my dad literally can't change a light bulb.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 10:49 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Youtube vote here too.  I typed in lawnmower runs for a few seconds and stops and it showed me how to remove and dry the carburetor bowl.  Another time my shower wouldn't turn off.  I don't mean dripping, but full on.  It showed me how to replace the valve cartridge. $12 for a special tool, and $39 for the new part.  Probably a $200 job minimum. And I am absolutely a person who was never taught how to fix anything. my dad literally can't change a light bulb.

This is where I am extremely fortunate, my pop taught me how to do almost everything to a vehicle....from buffing one out to pulling engines.  He taught me some home maintenance...the rest I learned working construction.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Congratulations!
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 11:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: This is where I am extremely fortunate, my pop taught me how to do almost everything to a vehicle....from buffing one out to pulling engines.  He taught me some home maintenance...the rest I learned working construction.

Fortune smiles on the willing.You had to want to learn, and be able to absorb the lessons. Kudos on being an apt student. Rock On
Reply/Quote