Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bounce back thread
Here's hoping that after all the negative crap the defense is hearing, all the dropped balls the WRs have had to take blame for, all the bad coaching decisions that have been second guessed, the Bengals bounce back and have the game of the year against the Chiefs and pull out a win. Am I hoping that happens? Yep. Do I expect it to happen? Nope. Am I an idiot for asking myself questions? Possibly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 07:02 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Here's hoping that after all the negative crap the defense is hearing, all the dropped balls the WRs have had to take blame for, all the bad coaching decisions that have been second guessed, the Bengals bounce back and have the game of the year against the Chiefs and pull out a win. Am I hoping that happens? Yep. Do I expect it to happen? Nope. Am I an idiot for asking myself questions? Possibly.

Join the club!!  It's a small club, but there are a few members.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 07:02 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Here's hoping that after all the negative crap the defense is hearing, all the dropped balls the WRs have had to take blame for, all the bad coaching decisions that have been second guessed, the Bengals bounce back and have the game of the year against the Chiefs and pull out a win. Am I hoping that happens? Yep. Do I expect it to happen? Nope. Am I an idiot for asking myself questions? Possibly.

We're bouncing back this week! There is some pissed off cats coming to KC this weekend!!
Reply/Quote
They opened as six point dogs on this game. While hoping for the best I am expecting our worthless defense to get a fifty burger hung on them.
Reply/Quote
We really need Chad to garuntee a victory.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk
:andy:
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 08:12 PM)WhoDeyandtheBlowFish Wrote: We really need Chad to garuntee a victory.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

So if they bounce back and Jekyll and Hyde is so cliche - can we call them the Gumps (you never know what your gonna get) of the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Well, it is the nfl... so... 50/50 ?
Reply/Quote

I'm with ya.  If the defense doesn't get pissed off and inspired after that shit show Sunday.....they never will.  They looked decent against Miami, then shit the bed.  I expect the WRs to be their regular selves.....just had an off day, and we gotta pray that Cody Core doesn't even sniff the field on offense.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I think we can hang with Kansas City. But with so many defensive injuries, I don't see how we can contain them for an entire game. Our offense will probably need to score 30-40 points, which is a longshot right now. They definitely have the ability to win, but we are just too banged up right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 10:31 AM)clevelandsdad Wrote: I think we can hang with Kansas City. But with so many defensive injuries, I don't see how we can contain them for an entire game. Our offense will probably need to score 30-40 points, which is a longshot right now. They definitely have the ability to win, but we are just too banged up right now.

Will Ross be back?  How about Gio?  If we can get them both back, we can hang with anyone on offense.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 10:31 AM)clevelandsdad Wrote: I think we can hang with Kansas City. But with so many defensive injuries, I don't see how we can contain them for an entire game. Our offense will probably need to score 30-40 points, which is a longshot right now. They definitely have the ability to win, but we are just too banged up right now.

The Bengals defensive line has to play Big.

Hopefully there is a Drop Off in how well the Chiefs O-line plays compared to the Clinic the Steelers O-line put on against the Bengals.

Must win the turnover battle and be within striking distance late in the 4th quarter.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 10:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: Will Ross be back?  How about Gio?  If we can get them both back, we can hang with anyone on offense.

I'd like to see more of Alex Erickson at wide receiver.

He knows exactly where to be and how to settle in to the right spot against the defense.

Once he catches the ball, he immediately gets into kick returner mode as a runner with a knack for where the tacklers are.

He catches the ball and holds onto it.

I think the coaches are over looking his value as a receiver.

Dalton could gain great Trust with Erickson if they worked together more.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 10:54 AM)depthchart Wrote: I'd like to see more of Alex Erickson at wide receiver.

He knows exactly where to be and how to settle in to the right spot against the defense.

Once he catches the ball, he immediately gets into kick returner mode as a runner with a knack for where the tacklers are.

He catches the ball and holds onto it.

I think the coaches are over looking his value as a receiver.

Dalton could gain great Trust with Erickson if they worked together more.

Yes....I like him too.....but Ross clears out space with his speed threat.  Erickson should see more time as well.

Reply/Quote
Many people are already putting the Chiefs in the AFC Championship game against the Patriots.

So what are the naysayers going to say if Bengals hang with them or even win game ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 11:02 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yes....I like him too.....but Ross clears out space with his speed threat.  Erickson should see more time as well.

Once Ross proves he can reliably catch the ball then he will clear out space. Until then why would a defense be worried?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 12:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: Once Ross proves he can reliably catch the ball then he will clear out space. Until then why would a defense be worried?

You still have to respect the speed, and he made some nice plays at ATL.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not the biggest fan of his, especially after the CAR game, but it does seem that more space is created when he's on the field.

Reply/Quote
And yes time to get rid of Cody Core.
Reply/Quote
its really imperative Ross gets on the field vs the Chiefs. his presence forces the Chiefs safties to play even farther back.
Erickson is sure hands knows how move the sticks but hes not gonna create a missed tackle like Ross can and make them pay.
Reply/Quote
Great thread! I don’t know how some of these guys get the hell out of bed in the morning! With as down as this board is about a 4-2 first place team, I’m starting to think that some of these people would ***** about an orgasm...
Reply/Quote
defending Mahomes is almost impossible considering Austin hasnt shown me yet he knows how to disguise coverage and force a qb to go.to his 2nd and 3rd reads.
our dline needs to hopefully get those arms up and distort his vision
Reply/Quote