Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bourbon
[Image: e4cf26fb47089ebef3622db69ac39129.jpg]

This was our panel for a bourbon tasting last Friday night.

What bourbons are you all drinking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I drink Jameson Irish Whiskey.

I guess Jack Danial's would be my "bourbon" of choice.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 03:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I drink Jameson Irish Whiskey.

I guess Jack Danial's would be my "bourbon" of choice.

Isn’t Jack Daniels more of a whiskey than a bourbon?

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 04:39 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Isn’t Jack Daniels more of a whiskey than a bourbon?

He is from Tennessee. He has got to hype the home brew. Everyone knows Bourbon is only made in the great state of Kentucky
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
On the shelf right now I have:
Maker’s Mark Cask Strength
Old Forester 1920 Prohibition Style
Maker’s Mark 101
Willett Kentucky Straight
Elijah Craig Small Batch
Jeptha Creed
Maker’s Mark
Evan Willians Bottled-In-Bond 100 Proof
Woodford Reserve
Four Roses Single Barrel
Jefferson’s Ocean Aged At Sea
Heaven Hill Old Style Bourbon
Evan Willians 1783

The Willett is probably my favorite. But the Evan Willians Bottled-In-Bond and th Heaven Hill are both damn fine bourbons that cost under $15.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 06:57 PM)Donnyho Wrote: On the shelf right now I have:
Maker’s Mark 101
Elijah Craig Small Batch
Jeptha Creed
Maker’s Mark
Woodford Reserve
Four Roses Single Barrel
Evan Willians 1783

The Willett is probably my favorite. But the Evan Willians Bottled-In-Bond and th Heaven Hill are both damn fine bourbons that cost under $15.

Nice.

I currently have:
The michters in the photo
Woodford reserve and double oaked
Four roses small batch
Elijah Craig small batch

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 06:57 PM)Donnyho Wrote: On the shelf right now I have:
Maker’s Mark 101
Elijah Craig Small Batch
Jeptha Creed
Maker’s Mark
Woodford Reserve
Four Roses Single Barrel
Evan Willians 1783

You need to get to drinkin' Donny my boy... All that bourbon laying around...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
My wife doesn't drink and I don't drink hard liquor. But she will get tipsy on bourbon balls
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 05:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He is from Tennessee. He has got to hype the home brew. Everyone knows Bourbon is only made in the great state of Kentucky

Actually now that I think about it I have probably drank more Makers Mark than Jack Danials.

Bourbon is just a type of whiskey that uses mostly corn and is aged in wooden barrels.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 01:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually now that I think about it I have probably drank more Makers Mark than Jack Danials.

Bourbon is just a type of whiskey that uses mostly corn and is aged in wooden barrels.

The water has alot to do with it too. The Kentucky River produces the best water for bourbon in the world because of the limestone it sits on from Jim Beam and Evan Williams to Pappy Van Winkle.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
My favorite is Elmer T Lee....my favorite that I can actually find from time to time is Blanton's.

Right now I have:

Old Forrester 1920 Prohibition
Weller Special Reserve
Weller Antique
Weller 12 year
Blanton's
Elmer T Lee
Willett
Noah's Mill
Woodford Reserve
Four Roses Single Barrel
Four Roses Small Batch Select
Old Granddad 114

....and a quart or two of Eastern Kentucky spring water....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Type 2 diabetes has turned me into a Vodka drinker. Cry
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 11:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Type 2 diabetes has turned me into a Vodka drinker.  Cry

Gin or rum for me....vodka makes me ill. I keep the bourbon around....and have a double on the rocks now and again. If I'm having more than one beer, it's Yeungling Light....low cal, and about the same carbs as Mich Ultra with a lot more flavor. I do love me some Bombay Sapphire with diet tonic and a lime.....mmmmm.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 12:04 AM)Wyche Wrote: Gin or rum for me....vodka makes me ill. I keep the bourbon around....and have a double on the rocks now and again. If I'm having more than one beer, it's Yeungling Light....low cal, and about the same carbs as Mich Ultra with a lot more flavor. I do love me some Bombay Sapphire with diet tonic and a lime.....mmmmm.

I've been kicking around trying some Gin again. I drank it a bit years ago. I drink a beer now and more often than not it starts making me feel sick before I even finish the first one. I guess all the yeast, rye, barley, hops just spikes my sugar to quick ?

Regular pasta sky rockets me to. I've been a whole wheat pasta guy for some time now and to be honest.... I like it.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 12:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've been kicking around trying some Gin again. I drank it a bit years ago. I drink a beer now and more often than not it starts making me feel sick before I even finish the first one. I guess all the yeast, rye, barley, hops just spikes my sugar to quick ?

Regular pasta sky rockets me to. I've been a whole wheat pasta guy for some time now and to be honest.... I like it.
If your close to Dayton, Dayton gin is excellent. If that's too far, look for Plymouth navy strength.

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 12:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've been kicking around trying some Gin again. I drank it a bit years ago. I drink a beer now and more often than not it starts making me feel sick before I even finish the first one. I guess all the yeast, rye, barley, hops just spikes my sugar to quick ?

Beer doesn't spike me too bad for some reason. I avoid all pasta like the plague, but when I do, it's whole wheat as well. My wife makes a KILLER zucchini lasagna. That satisfies my Italian cravings. I do Kroger Carbmaster yogurt, a fruit, and natural peanut butter for breakfast every morning but one, a salad for lunch, and whatever she makes for supper. So far, so good after 11 years of this shit....lol. 

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 11:05 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: My favorite is Elmer T Lee....my favorite that I can actually find from time to time is Blanton's.

Right now I have:

Old Forrester 1920 Prohibition
Weller Special Reserve
Weller Antique
Weller 12 year
Blanton's
Elmer T Lee
Willett
Noah's Mill
Woodford Reserve
Four Roses Single Barrel
Four Roses Small Batch Select
Old Granddad 114

....and a quart or two of Eastern Kentucky spring water....

Nice list WW!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 04:37 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Nice list WW!

Thanks bro.....I have a little advantage. I worked at a liquor store here in town while finishing up college, and the same guy still owns the store. I get a little head's up when hard to find Bourbons come in. I've been meaning to try the Michter's, but never pulled the trigger. How was it? Also dig Booker's.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 09:20 AM)Wyche Wrote: Thanks bro.....I have a little advantage. I worked at a liquor store here in town while finishing up college, and the same guy still owns the store. I get a little head's up when hard to find Bourbons come in. I've been meaning to try the Michter's, but never pulled the trigger. How was it? Also dig Booker's.

The michters was good.  That batch started kinda hot and stayed that way throughout.  The Harper's was the smoothest of the bunch.  Bookers is good stuff.

The other 2, IMHO started hot and finished.  The cooks was probably the closest to being finished.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 10:47 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: The michters was good.  That batch started kinda hot and stayed that way throughout.  The Harper's was the smoothest of the bunch.  Bookers is good stuff.

The other 2, IMHO started hot and finished.  The cooks was probably the closest to being finished.

Thanks.... I'm gonna try it, and look for the Harper's too.

Reply/Quote