Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bovada doesn't like us
(03-22-2018, 03:14 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: Just got back from Vegas, and they had the Bengals 80-1 for SB win and like 40-1 to win NFC North

Those are great odds considering we aren't in the NFC North.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2018, 08:19 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Those are great odds considering we aren't in the NFC North.

We have better odds to win a division we're not in, than to win the Super Bowl.   Mellow
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 03:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well, you gotta admit, even with all the changes, Marvin is still there. After 0-7 in the playoffs, expecting him to miraculously rise up and win a Lombardi this year would be equal to expecting Brad to rise and start tap dancing his way to a title on Americas Got Talent? Actually, I have more belief Brad could pull it off more than I believe Marvin could.
Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Stem cells could make it happen!

To everyone in the Marvin argument, I agree that he's terrible, but we were one fumble away from winning a playoff game a few years ago, so it's not that far-fetched of an idea that we can win in the playoffs.

We have a lot of talent on this team with the draft still to come, plus the coaching changes were HUGE, so I have faith in us.
(03-22-2018, 03:56 PM)depthchart Wrote: I am no expert but don't betting odds factor in what it takes to actually get someone to take the bet.

In other words, they have to make the Bengals odds payoff at a high rate in order to get people to bet on the Bengals.

If this is so, then NFL fans have little respect for the Bengals and won't place money on them without high payoffs per dollar bet.

If the Jets draft a rookie QB that people believe in, then they may pass up the Bengals as more fans start believing in the Jets.

Good point.  The reasons for making odds are to try and get equal betting on both sides and then have the juice allow the house to always win.

I guess not enough people were paying attention to the Bengals, so they needed to lower the odds so that more people bet on us to even things out.

I think I saw where this past Super Bowl was the first time ever (or one of the firsts) that Vegas actually lost money.
Reply/Quote
Marvin has had two seasons, 2005 and 2015, where his team looked like it could've been Super Bowl quality.  It would seem as though we just have to bunker down and wait for 2025 to get our next crack at it  Hilarious
Reply/Quote