Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bovada doesn't like us
(03-22-2018, 03:20 PM)dnkw Wrote: I don't rate our chances of winning the NFC North at all.  Ninja

I like gambler's chances of winning that bet even less. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 03:16 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Vegaes isn’t stupid.  The biggest move we made in FA/offseason was retaining Marvin.  In other words, 0 chance of winning a Lombardi.

Well they had eagles 50 or 60 to 1 last year at this time so no Vegas not stupid they're just dumb
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can you blame them? While I do like most of the off-season moves so far, I don’t really like us to win a super bowl either.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 06:03 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Can you blame them? While I do like most of the off-season moves so far,  don’t really like us to win a super bowl either.

yeah also history isn't on our side.

we will get there some day... hopefully we are all still alive when it happens... And the bengals still in cincy
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 05:07 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: When did betting come with asterisks?

Hey, I'm just saying that it's a little north of Cleveland Browns territory bragging up that people thought we'd be awful and we went 9-7, is all.
Reply/Quote
I would think Clevelands odds should be much worse than ours. I mean at least we can win enough games to get to the Play-offs, once there anything can happen. But a 1-31 record is not a confidence booster.
Reply/Quote
Oh no. We're screwed. If only games were decided on the field.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 03:14 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: Just got back from Vegas, and they had the Bengals 80-1 for SB win and like 40-1 to win NFC North

Thats pretty good odds for a division and conference they arent in. Whats their odds to win the NL central?
Reply/Quote
I agree with Philhos and Mike M (the other one).

For the Stains to be ahead of us shows a lot.

Our odds should of went up after FA, not down.

Seen on NFL.com we are ranked 25th in the rankings.

Good season to shock everybody it seems. We are counted out before it even begins.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 05:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Good year to bet on the Bengals!  40-1 for winning the division?  That's very attainable.

I will give you 1,000 to 1 odds that we don't win the NFC North
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 08:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I will give you 1,000 to 1 odds that we don't win the NFC North

I didn't notice that part.  I was thinking AFCN..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 08:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I didn't notice that part.  I was thinking AFCN..

Me either the first time, others caught ole Bambino on it though right when i looked back and noticed.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 07:46 PM)McC Wrote: Oh no.  We're screwed.  If only games were  decided on the field.
 Sigh....if only that were the case.....But, as everyone here is convinced, once we get on the field, the refs and the league hates us, and always cheat against us.  Makes you wonder why we bother to field a team at all, since so many believe our fate is already scripted. 

That's why the Vegas odds are so great....they're in on it!!

Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 08:21 PM)Tama Wrote:  Sigh....if only that were the case.....But, as everyone here is convinced, once we get on the field, the refs and the league hates us, and always cheat against us.  Makes you wonder why we bother to field a team at all, since so many believe our fate is already scripted. 

That's why the Vegas odds are so great....they're in on it!!

Sarcasm

Where's Gramps when you need him? Ninja
Reply/Quote
I think we’re better then this but some of you seem to think our free agency was way better than it was.

Don’t miss understand I really like some of these moves but in the context of being on the other side looking in they don’t look that great.

We lost a quality back up qb some here think was better than our starter and don’t replace him with equal quality.

We added a big upgrade at left tackle but he’s got an injury history and we lost our center. Now granted we all see that last bit as a good thing but we don’t know what quality replacement we might get so that’s not nessassarly an upgrade.

We lost a running back that may or may not be better then the guy he’s being replaced by. You can argue Mixon is an upgrade but he hasn’t really proved that and more depth is always good to have.

What else have we done on offense that’s an add other then the new tackle?

On defense we added a a good linebacker and a rotational guy but looks like we’re lossing burfict for at least 4 games and done nothing to improve our secondary or run stopping.

I feel like we’re happy that we lost some dead weight and are over looking how little we’ve done to fill the gaps.

Please correct me or set me straight if you disagree because honestly I’d like to see the positives. I’ve tried to give up on this team but I can’t. I love the bengals like a family member and what to see them succeed but they’ve really beaten me down and I just don’t see the light right now.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 08:38 PM)motoarch Wrote: I think we’re better then this but some of you seem to think our free agency was way better than it was.

Don’t miss understand I really like some of these moves but in the context of being on the other side looking in they don’t look that great.

We lost a quality back up qb some here think was better than our starter and don’t replace him with equal quality.

We added a big upgrade at left tackle but he’s got an injury history and we lost our center.  Now granted we all see that last bit as a good thing but we don’t know what quality replacement we might get so that’s not nessassarly an upgrade.

We lost a running back that may or may not be better then the guy he’s being replaced by.  You can argue Mixon is an upgrade but he hasn’t really proved that and more depth is always good to have.

On defense we added a a good linebacker and a rotational guy but looks like we’re lossing burfict for at least 4 games and done nothing to improve our secondary or run stopping.

I feel like we’re happy that we lost some dead weight and are over looking how little we’ve done to fill the gaps.  

Please correct me or set me straight if you disagree because honestly I’d like to see the positives.  I’ve tried to give up on this team but I can’t.  I love the bengals like a family member and what to see them succeed but they’ve really beaten me down and I just don’t see the light right now.

First, you can not equate a backup to a starter.. especially one that did not see the field last year.. ie backup QB ... we upgraded at areas of weaknesses not areas of strength big difference.   Tackle is a MAJOR UPGRADE.. he was hurt last year but his career does not raise major flags for multiple injuries etc....  Mixon outplayed Hill last year and has way more upside, Brown is an upgrade at Middle Linebacker, might be the best signing we had in the end.. also look at what we lost compared to other years.. very little in starting players.. kept Eifert at a very incentive signing big plus there.. 
as for Bodine, i agree though he has not played well he has experience but what great timing , last year as a dud year for centers.. this year draft is as strong as it has been for years.. so could time to make a change...

So hopefully you see the light better now :) ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
How can anyone predict anything until we fix what was the worst?

Until a Center is established I give them zero, with a capital Z, chance in winning any championship game.

Sorry folks. That equates to a lack of success in rushing, passing, TDs, FGs, conversions, and total TOP.

It's huge.

Just the fact that they wanted to keep Blowdine makes my blood boil.

Let the draft (hopefully) prove me wrong.

They just don't get it in ol' Cincy.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 08:38 PM)motoarch Wrote: I think we’re better then this but some of you seem to think our free agency was way better than it was.

We added a big upgrade at left tackle but he’s got an injury history and we lost our center.  Now granted we all see that last bit as a good thing but we don’t know what quality replacement we might get so that’s not nessassarly an upgrade.

We lost a running back that may or may not be better then the guy he’s being replaced by.  You can argue Mixon is an upgrade but he hasn’t really proved that and more depth is always good to have.

Please correct me or set me straight if you disagree because honestly I’d like to see the positives.  I’ve tried to give up on this team but I can’t.  I love the bengals like a family member and what to see them succeed but they’ve really beaten me down and I just don’t see the light right now.

Anyone that ever thought AJ McCarron was a better QB then Andy Dalton was crazy. Dalton was coming off an MVP season
when he went down with the thumb injury and at one point we were 8-0 with Dalton at the helm. AJM won against losing
teams and lost against winning teams and last Offseason he was terrible and worse then Jeff Driskel. The lack of interest in
AJM this FA shown me a lot. I expect him to be a backup this year under a rookie, hope i am wrong as i like the guy as a
human being but this is my expectations.

= No worse off at backup QB, probably better as Driskel will have another year to get better.

Cordy Glenn had his bone spurs removed, those injures are behind him and he is a proven LT in this league that would be
worth more on the FA market than Nate Solder cause he is younger and more of a talent. Huge move to get a proven LT
instead of just an unproven Draft pick like we would of been getting.

= Major upgrade over Ogbuehi and over an unknown Draft pick.

Jeremeh Hill hadn't played decent besides the goal line since his rookie year, time to move on and let the talent roll. You
will see this year how good Mixon and Gio are behind a good run blocking O-line not coached by Paul Alexander.

= Upgrade, more youth and speed that can catch the ball out of the backfield making the Offense less predictable.

What else have we done on the Offensive side besides add a LT?

1- Let Paul Alexander go.
2- Hire Frank Pollack, you know the guy that coached the best O-line in the NFL for a few years. Disciple of Bill Callahan.
3- Gave Bill Lazor the keys to the Offense and let him write up his own playbook. Same guy that changed up our scheme.
4- Hired Alex Van Pelt, the QB coach that coached up Aaron frickin' Rodgers.
5- Hired a new WR coach named Bicknell instead of keeping Urban who had a bad season coaching his guys.

Just a few things off the top of my head. :andy:
Reply/Quote
Call me crazy but I would not be that suprised if we are in the Superbowl.
Honestly we have a good QB, A good pass rush, Good RBs, Good LT, Great Wr, Good Secondary and a Good Pass rush. We have questions about our offensive line,LBers,nand wether or not Eifert and Ross can stay healthy? However if were good at C , RG, and our Defense plays the way it is capable of this team will be capable of winning it all.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I don't blame them. We are very much to be proven one and done team when there are less question marks.
Reply/Quote