Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bovada doesn't like us
Brown is not the Russell Bodine of linebackers - Bodine is the worst Center in the NFL while Brown is widely considered an above average linebacker.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 02:04 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: It's not.... he's essentially the Russell Bodine of LBers.

You're cray cray
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 09:48 AM)Wyche Wrote: You gotta understand, a lot of these people don't understand the inner workings of this franchise like we do.  They most likely don't know we've had a boat anchor of an oline coach for the last decade plus.  They're probably not real keen on the subordinate coaches situation in Cincy.

All they see is Mediocre Merv, Son of Paul, and a couple of decent to good moves in FA.  It doesn't look that flashy on paper, although it's huge for us.

To be honest, I don't see a Super Bowl any time soon either.  Improvement yes, SB, no.

Yeah i guess that is the case and i understand why someone would not see a Super Bowl any time soon with Merv.

But to just wave these moves off like they are nothing i cannot understand.

(03-23-2018, 10:30 AM)Wyche Wrote: Hell, I saw a 28th in the power rankings....no way we're that bad.

No way, haven't seen us ranked that low in a long damn time and this is our best Offseason in forever.

(03-23-2018, 11:55 AM)Go Cards Wrote: If having to bet my life on it would say no way SB. 

Yet do not feel we are as far off as it may seem. 

Granted all our moves will have to pay off for it to happen but believe we have made some good ones so far. 

If OL is fixed which is our main problem ? Then think Gio and Mixon will have great years which will open AJ's game up even more. 

Then to get over hump would need Eiffert back close to normal and Ross stepping in like the 1st round selection he is and we could be an offensive juggernaut. 

Long shots but not impossible if they continue to focus on OL early in draft imo.  

Completely agree as usual Go Cards. Rock On

(03-23-2018, 02:04 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: It's not.... he's essentially the Russell Bodine of LBers.

WTF? Shocked
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 09:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did we really need a second thread on this?

Gee, I don't see another thread with Vegas or Odds in the title on this page or the next few - and I don't read every thread, do you? Damn!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 09:13 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What is there to suggest otherwise?

We were awful last year. We are bringing back virtually the same team with the addition of two decent players who have been injured throughout the majority of their recent careers.

Agreed.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We were 7-9 last season and it looks like we have improved on paper on the offensive line. There still question marks at LB, RG, RT, and C but other than that we should have a good club. Especially if we can get a healthy Eifert and Ross in the passing game. Wouldn't want to play this team in all honesty. If you're in Vegas take the Bet.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Good year to bet this year.
Reply/Quote
Actually Brown has never been injured and has started every game the past four seasons. Glenn has had one injury and by the nature of it it takes a bit longer to fully recover from.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 07:38 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Good year to bet this year.

Bet on whom?
Reply/Quote
If I bet a $100. What would I get?

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 01:04 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Sorry.  My memory is in the recent future.

That offense last year was putrid.

One of the worst I've seen in a while.

Blowdine was god awful and looked lost.

I would not be content with him or any of his "backups".

Get a clue Cincy.  Stop rolling out with bullshit in the middle of our line.

Nice diversion from my post... never said the offense was strong last year but as i pointed out, you can;t say the Center was soul reason.. the line was very weak last year, though team still somehow managed to go 7-9 and finish strong, with picking up an elite LT that should start to help.. adding a center in draft hopefully helps also and possible starting RT.  Mixon showed signs of a solid back, I expect better things from him this year.. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 10:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If I bet a $100. What would I get?

A lighter wallet..and the Mrs giving you the permanent stink eye would be my guess , but I've been wrong before .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 10:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If I bet a $100. What would I get?

$9000
Reply/Quote
People are looking at this all wrong. This isn't Vegas saying that Bengals have little shot at making the playoffs. It's probably more an indictment of Marv and his 0-7 playoff record.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 10:33 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Nice diversion from my post... never said the offense was strong last year but as i pointed out, you can;t say the Center was soul reason.. the line was very weak last year, though team still somehow managed to go 7-9 and finish strong, with picking up an elite LT that should start to help.. adding a center in draft hopefully helps also and possible starting RT.  Mixon showed signs of a solid back, I expect better things from him this year.. Who Dey

Fair enough.

I just don't hang our hats on a record.

The same people who ***** about Dalton and how he sucks don't realize the play of our center affects him and other players on the team.

That is why I don't think most acknowledge that despite the center being 31st ranked in the league he was able to put up acceptable numbers.

The team consistently through the years has had deficiency at the position and it matters.

I understand your point.  I just don't think it's the true formula for success.

That position needs to be improved and Bodine was not the answer.

If they made an effort to improve it would open up our offense so much more and not only make it capable but dominant.

I'm so sick and tired of "it's good enough" way of thinking.

Aim for something better for crap's sake!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Make no mistake, the only time this team truly grabbed the media as a serious contender was for 8 games in 2015.

After the PO loss it's been back to the lowly bungles with Marvin and Burfict grabbing most of the press. Oh yeah, Jones too.

Those 3 are our "face".

So yeah, i'm not surprised at all. Small market team that hasn't won anything in 50 years

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 10:30 AM)Wyche Wrote: Hell, I saw a 28th in the power rankings....no way we're that bad.

It would be funny to tell the guy that made these odds " hey , we have your family in a room and they get the axe unless you accurately predict who is going to have more wins, the Brown or Bengals"  and see how fast that Browns horseshit ends.
Reply/Quote
You gotta admit you have a better chance of winning the Bengals super bowl lottery than you do buying a powerball ticket with the numbers 1-2-3-4-5 and the power ball #6..  

Ok, that's not saying a whole lot .is it?  Now if somebody buys THAT ticket and wins 500 million bucks I'm not going to be very happy with you .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 10:33 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: you can;t say the Center was soul reason.

That's because Bodine was white.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 03:11 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: We got worst after FA?  Say What They're saying we have the second to worst shot at winning Super Bowl 53. Makes you wonder what the "weight" of Marv o-pher carries?

[Image: Screen_Shot_2018_03_22_at_11.27.17_AM.png]

Marvin has the all-time NFL worst playoff record for head coaches. Dalton is tied with the NFL all-time worst playoff record for QBs. The team owner has been one of the worst ever sports franchise owners in all of the world.

We brought in one good OT in a trade, but we had a better one in Whit and couldn't win in the playoffs, so that's signing is not enough to improve the team's image in Vegas.

I don't blame the odds makers for shitting on the Bengals.

Reply/Quote