Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boy do these t-shirts bring back memories
http://www.cincyshirts.com/

Cool Ghoul
Uncle Al
Fantasy Farm (I don't even think they made fantasy Farm t-shirts when it was open)
KingKwik (why should anyone even go to the trouble of remembering KingKwik?)
Malibu Gand Prix
Americana
Reply/Quote
Cincy Shirts is great. I have a bunch of their stuff. Highly recommended.
Reply/Quote
Cincy Shirts sells awesome stuff. They're higher quality shirts too, and not what I expected....they feel great. The shirt that is in my avatar is one that they sold for a while a few years ago.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 01:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: http://www.cincyshirts.com/

Cool Ghoul
Uncle Al
Fantasy Farm (I don't even think they made fantasy Farm t-shirts when it was open)
Malibu Gand Prix
Americana

I hated the Cool Ghoul but I loved Bob Shreeves(sp?), that guy was nuts, lol.
My wife was on Uncle Al and said he was a mean man.
Fantasy Farm is still there I believe, it's just called something else
KingKwik always helped out with the Jerry Lewis Telethon, a friend and I would go and get a can, put down fake names and make bank standing outside of Kroger. I know now it is illegal and morally wrong, such is my Catholic upbringing and schooling, lol. I also remember KingKwik as the place I went to the first time I skipped school...first grade...
Malibu Grand Prix I've never been to and the same goes for Americana which I think was close to Fantasy Farm but I don't know.

EDIT: Who remembers the "Hey Pete" T's with Mickey Mouse giving the Middle Finger? I loved that shirt.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I went to Americana when it was still called LeSourdsville Lake. Don't know exactly when the name was changed. but that was before Kings Island existed. Kings Island opened sometime in the mid 70's.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 07:04 AM)Donnyho Wrote: Cincy Shirts is great.  I have a bunch of their stuff.  Highly recommended.

(06-30-2015, 09:25 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Cincy Shirts sells awesome stuff.  They're higher quality shirts too, and not what I expected....they feel great.  The shirt that is in my avatar is one that they sold for a while a few years ago.

Where is it located.  I have to check it out next time I come through.  I wonder if they have any t-shirts from Dingleberry's Record Store.  That place was legendary where I grew up.  It was close to the Dayton Mall and was the first headshop me and my friends had ever seen.
Reply/Quote
Let's buy this for Coltsfan for Christmas.

[Image: cincinnatichili3waytshirt.jpg]
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Cool Ghoul
Uncle Al
Malibu Gand Prix
Americana

I remember all of those, or at least the ads for them.

Watched Cool Ghoul and Uncle Al.
Went to Americana, but not when it was Lesourdesville Lake.
Just saw the commercials for KingKwik, Fantasy Farm and Malibu Grand Prix. I don't think we had KingKwik up in North Dayton.

(06-30-2015, 02:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I went to Americana when it was still called LeSourdsville Lake.  Don't know exactly when the name was changed. but that was before Kings Island existed.  Kings Island opened sometime in the mid 70's.

Some friends of mine told me they closed down Americana for good about 3 or 4 years ago. As I recall, the name change to Americana was right about the time that Kings Island opened in the early seventies. They had a Brady Bunch episode there. Went to Kings Island several times after the Beast opened (1979?).

Hmm... would've been great seeing Greg toss his cookies on Jan while riding the Beast... LOL!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 02:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Where is it located.  I have to check it out next time I come through.  I wonder if they have any t-shirts from Dingleberry's Record Store.  That place was legendary where I grew up.  It was close to the Dayton Mall and was the first headshop me and my friends had ever seen.

The brick and mortar is at 1435 Main St. I've never been to the actual shop, though. Only bought stuff online.

You should probably check out Homage too if you already haven't. They're based out of Columbus, but recently opened at store at 1232 Vine St. Their stuff is pricey, but really good.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 01:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Malibu Gand Prix

We used to make the circle between Maibu Grand Prix and Golden Tee trying to impress the girls with our cars.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 02:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Where is it located.  I have to check it out next time I come through.  I wonder if they have any t-shirts from Dingleberry's Record Store.  That place was legendary where I grew up.  It was close to the Dayton Mall and was the first headshop me and my friends had ever seen.

I remember that place.  They had records from all over the world.  Which was really saying something at the time.

Yeah that was the first time I ever saw paraphernalia on display like that as well.

Peaches was more mainstream and Dingleberry's is where you could find those non-mainstream releases.

I bet Wyche knows exactly what you're talking about.  Even if you didn't live in Dayton other outside radius towns knew about that store and made the commute.

Often rock bands touring through would do record signings there as well.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 10:04 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I remember that place.  They had records from all over the world.  Which was really saying something at the time.

Yeah that was the first time I ever saw paraphernalia on display like that as well.

Peaches was more mainstream and Dingleberry's is where you could find those non-mainstream releases.

I bet Wyche knows exactly what you're talking about.  Even if you didn't live in Dayton other outside radius towns knew about that store and made the commute.

Often rock bands touring through would do record signings there as well.
If I would go in there with a shirt on of a particular band, one of the guys would make me a copy of a bootleg show from the soundboard.  I miss mom and pop record stores...  I guess I miss record stores in general.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Thanks for a great link. Gonna cost me some money though.
Reply/Quote

Cool Ghoul
Uncle Al
Malibu Gand Prix
Americana

I remember all of those.  King Kwik used to sell knock-off ICEEs that weren't even close, but they also had semi-current video games in the store.

I know I went to Fantasy Farm.  Where was it?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 11:35 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I remember all of those.  King Kwik used to sell knock-off ICEEs that weren't even close, but they also had semi-current video games in the store.

Middletown/Monroe area.  

Really close to Americana/LeSoursdsville Lake if I remember correctly.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 11:35 AM)michaelsean Wrote:  King Kwik used to sell knock-off ICEEs that weren't even close, but they also had semi-current video games in the store.

There was a King Kwik next to the community park in Franklin.  I remember that after my Pee-Wee football games  on Saturday mornings (4th-6th grade) I would get to go there and buy and Icee (or whatever they were called).  That is also when I would check to see if the new Spiderman comic book was out. 
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 11:35 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I remember all of those.  King Kwik used to sell knock-off ICEEs that weren't even close, but they also had semi-current video games in the store.

(07-01-2015, 01:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Middletown/Monroe area.  

It was on St Rt 4 just South of St Rt 63.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Americana+Amusement+Park/@39.444384,-84.4277984,889m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x11cec22da4ea4fba!6m1!1e1

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 01:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Middletown/Monroe area.  

Oh wow I didn't realize it was that far north.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 04:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We used to make the circle between Maibu Grand Prix and Golden Tee trying to impress the girls with our cars.

Golden Tee over off of Mostellar Rd?
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 03:09 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: They had a Brady Bunch episode there. Went to Kings Island several times after the Beast opened (1979?).

Hmm... would've been great seeing Greg toss his cookies on Jan while riding the Beast... LOL!

I usd to come down every summer to visit my cousins and we would always spend one of the days at Kings Island. I remember watching that Brady Bunch episode and telling all my friends I go to that pplace and had ridden those rides. I also remember part of the episode was when the kids got a poster mixed up with the dad's blueprints and had to get them to him for a meeting. They ran relays across the park to get the blueprints to the front gate. I remember watching mesmerized as the Marcia and Jan sequence showed them running. It was the Baywatch of the seventies as their boobs bounced as they ran. Also, they kept showing the handoffs to the next relay teams, and since I knew the park and the rides, there were several of those where they had run in the opposite direction of the front of the park. I kept thinking WH, they don't even know where theyre going. But I didnt care, I was hoping Jan and Marcia would have to run again!
Reply/Quote