Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boy do these t-shirts bring back memories
(06-30-2015, 03:09 PM)Bengalzona Wrote:  As I recall, the name change to Americana was right about the time that Kings Island opened in the early seventies. They had a Brady Bunch episode there. Went to Kings Island several times after the Beast opened (1979?).

Hmm... would've been great seeing Greg toss his cookies on Jan while riding the Beast... LOL!

(07-03-2015, 10:24 AM)Beaker Wrote: I usd to come down every summer to visit my cousins and we would always spend one of the days at Kings Island. I remember watching that Brady Bunch episode and telling all my friends I go to that pplace and had ridden those rides. I also remember part of the episode was when the kids got a poster mixed up with the dad's blueprints and had to get them to him for a meeting. They ran relays across the park to get the blueprints to the front gate. I remember watching mesmerized as the Marcia and Jan sequence showed them running. It was the Baywatch of the seventies as their boobs bounced as they ran. Also, they kept showing the handoffs to the next relay teams, and since I knew the park and the rides, there were several of those where they had run in the opposite direction of the front of the park. I kept thinking WH, they don't even know where theyre going. But I didnt care, I was hoping Jan and Marcia would have to run again!

I grew up and still live 10 minutes from Kings Island and have held season passes for most of them.  My son and my friends sons now terrorize the place instead of us. LOL
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2015, 02:24 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I grew up and still live 10 minutes from Kings Island and have held season passes for most of them.  My son and my friends sons now terrorize the place instead of us. LOL

The only guy from high school that I still keep in touch with lives about 10 minutes from Kings Island.

That area has BOOMED in the last ten years.  The exit I used to take to get to his house (Fields-Ertle?) is now impossibly clogged with traffic, so I go up past Kings Island and take 48 back to where he lives.
Reply/Quote
My best Kings Island memory is when I girl i went to school with got a job there and invited me to an after hours party for employees only. There were practically no lines for even the biggest and best rides. In fact if there were not many people waiting you could actually just stay on for another ride.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2015, 02:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The only guy from high school that I still keep in touch with lives about 10 minutes from Kings Island.

That area has BOOMED in the last ten years.  The exit I used to take to get to his house (Fields-Ertle?) is now impossibly clogged with traffic, so I go up past Kings Island and take 48 back to where he lives.

Oh yeah man...Fields Ertle is a nightmare now.  Growing up in the area, I can remember most of that being farmland and riding our dirt bikes up to the gas station.  It's definitely boomed in the last 15-20 years, but it's weird to see it so different than when I was young.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 11:04 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Golden Tee over off of Mostellar Rd?

Nope, Sharon Rd exit of 75. There was a Malibu GP on one side and a Golden Tee on the other. There was also a Holiday Inn with a Holidome nearby. We'd get a room about once a month or so and have a big party. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2015, 10:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, Sharon Rd exit of 75. There was a Malibu GP on one side and a Golden Tee on the other. There was also a Holiday Inn with a Holidome nearby. We'd get a room about once a month or so and have a big party. 

I thought their was one over off of Mostellar.  I grew up in Loveland, so we'd get our hotel rooms up in Fields Eyrtle for parties.  I don't think kids even do that at anymore?
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2015, 03:10 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Oh yeah man...Fields Ertle is a nightmare now.  Growing up in the area, I can remember most of that being farmland and riding our dirt bikes up to the gas station.  It's definitely boomed in the last 15-20 years, but it's weird to see it so different than when I was young.

The restaurant Toots on the corner of Fields Ertel and 3C looks like a barn. That's because it was. It used to be my uncle's barn. We used to play basketball in the hayloft there. There used to be a white house on the corner that got turned into a lawn mower dealership. That is gone now, but that used to be his house.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 03:46 PM)Beaker Wrote: The restaurant Toots on the corner of Fields Ertel and 3C looks like a barn. That's because it was. It used to be my uncle's barn. We used to play basketball in the hayloft there. There used to be a white house on the corner that got turned into a lawn mower dealership. That is gone now, but that used to be his house.

Haha...I just ate at Toots like a month ago.  But yea I remember all that. I grew up in Loveland but we had family friends that had land out there in Mason.  They boarded polo horses, and can remember building hay forts in their barn.  Their place was up on Mason-Montgomery Rd, up near where Dicks sporting goods is.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 03:46 PM)Beaker Wrote: The restaurant Toots on the corner of Fields Ertel and 3C looks like a barn. That's because it was. It used to be my uncle's barn. We used to play basketball in the hayloft there. There used to be a white house on the corner that got turned into a lawn mower dealership. That is gone now, but that used to be his house.

Wow. In all the times i've ever done work there, i never noticed it looked like a barn.  Shocked

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote