Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyd and Ross Route Chart fo Catches and Targets
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
This may be the best stat I've seen yet for Ross that shows what he did today is sustainable.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
The best part about Ross' performance yesterday was the fact that he didn't quit on any routes. I personally thought the attacks on him for 'quitting on routes' was a bit overblown, but you can't argue that about yesterday.

We wouldn't have scored on the play before the half if John Ross wasn't putting in a full effort.

Also, if he was a quitter/wuss like people claim, he would've run out of bounds on his first TD. Instead, the kid has a nose for the endzone and juked it back for the score.

Most of the complaints about Ross have either been remedied by the new coaching staff, or were overblown to begin with.
Reply/Quote
He was definitely getting open by a lot of space.

It's interesting to see how guys like Green get open by a smaller margin than others, but catch it. So obviously speed matters.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The best part about Ross' performance yesterday was the fact that he didn't quit on any routes. I personally thought the attacks on him for 'quitting on routes' was a bit overblown, but you can't argue that about yesterday.

We wouldn't have scored on the play before the half if John Ross wasn't putting in a full effort.

Also, if he was a quitter/wuss like people claim, he would've run out of bounds on his first TD. Instead, the kid has a nose for the endzone and juked it back for the score.

Most of the complaints about Ross have either been remedied by the new coaching staff, or were overblown to begin with.

A bit of both
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Makes sense for the first game of the year. Need to see Boyd run some deeper routes though to keep this Offense
unpredictable. Defenses will key in on this. Those are a lot of different routes for both WR's but it sure is blatant on who
is going deep and who is going to play the short routes in the middle of the field.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The best part about Ross' performance yesterday was the fact that he didn't quit on any routes. I personally thought the attacks on him for 'quitting on routes' was a bit overblown, but you can't argue that about yesterday.

Been thinking the same GCB  :andy:
Reply/Quote
Cool chart and stats.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 09:23 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: A bit of both

Don't forget TJ Houz, I'm sure his training helped too.
Reply/Quote