Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyd had 2 huge miscues in SB
We all witnessed his first drop of the year on a crucial 3rd down late in the game.

But early in the 3rd qtr, after the 1st play bomb to Tee, and immediate interception by Awuzie. We drive down into the redzone to take total charge of the game.

3rd down and 3 at about the 11.

CJ is wide and Boyd motions out towards CJ. CJ runs a Go and clears the outside, he actually ends up blocking the safety as if he knew TB was getting the quick hitch.

Boyd has a choice route, his defender has obvious inside leverage, but Boyd goes inside anyway. Joe is cocked and ready to throw to the clear outside but has to pull it back in. Adeniji is bull rushed by AD into Joe for a sack and a FG.

We may or may not had scored had we got this completion, but 1st down and at the most - 7 yard line with a ton of momentum would had been interesting.

I have to think TB doesnt make these mistakes often, but he had 2 major blunders in a tight SB.

[Image: 9015d1c9d6a7297bf12c035744d9ac83.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Nice find I guess... but you guys are absolutely killing yourself re-watching this game. Time to enjoy the off season and decompose.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 10:07 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Nice find I guess... but you guys are absolutely killing yourself re-watching this game.  Time to enjoy the off season and decompose.

Maybe some of us just like reviewing the plays?  Or have issues dealing.... lol 

I found some good ones too, it's not all bad. But TB is THE veteran on the offense, it is just insane that he has 2 mental errors in the SB.
Reply/Quote
Tyler Boyd is one of the reasons the Bengals were in the Super Bowl in the first place. I have 99 problems and Tyler Boyd isn’t one of them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 10:04 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We all witnessed his first drop of the year on a crucial 3rd down late in the game.  

But early in the 3rd qtr, after the 1st play bomb to Tee, and immediate interception by Awuzie.  We drive down into the redzone to take total charge of the game.

CJ is wide and Boyd motions out towards CJ.  CJ runs a Go and clears the outside, he actually ends up blocking the safety as if he knew TB was getting the quick hitch.

Boyd has a choice route, his defender has obvious inside leverage, but Boyd goes inside anyway. Joe is cocked and ready to throw to the clear outside but has to pull it back in. Adeniji is bull rushed by AD into Joe for a sack and a FG.

We may or may not had scored had we got this completion, but 1st down  and at the most - 7 yard line with a ton of momentum would had been interesting.

I have to think TB doesnt make these mistakes often, but he had 2 major blunders in a tight SB.

Yeah I noticed during the game. I saw Burrow gesture to someone they should've have gone right so I went back to look at the play. I saw it was Boyd and it looked pretty obvious he should've gone outside. We could've very easily won this game if we were better on just a few more plays. I like Boyd a lot and it sucks he had a couple of bad plays that very well could've made the difference. Hopefully they can get back and get another crack at it.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 10:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Tyler Boyd is one of the reasons the Bengals were in the Super Bowl in the first place.  I have 99 problems and Tyler Boyd isn’t one of them.

I think we all like Boyd. 

But I have these 2 issues and $10M more in 2022 and $10M more in 2023.

At that salary we have Laken Tomlinson instead of Adeniji at RG. 

I understand we have enough to fix the oline, hopefully (CB2 and DT to be determined), but with his experience and salary we need super star play on the biggest stage.  How clutch was the Rams slot guy?  MVP

I can spread the blame around as well... Zac running Perine, no screen plays, Lou not doubling Kupp with OBJ and TE out of the game.... we were so close to winning the SB, coaches and high dollar vets need to step up at crucial times.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 10:07 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Time to enjoy the off season and decompose.

The loss certainly was a let down but it didn't kill me and I'm not ready to decompose yet.   Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 10:36 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I noticed during the game. I saw Burrow gesture to someone they should've have gone right so I went back to look at the play. I saw it was Boyd and it looked pretty obvious he should've gone outside. We could've very easily won this game if we were better on just a few more plays. I like Boyd a lot and it sucks he had a couple of bad plays that very well could've made the difference. Hopefully they can get back and get another crack at it.

I saw that too, as they were running off the field Joe wasnt happy and gestured hard "go this way"

[Image: b0e101fae04d5be16691f0cdbf6459a0.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 10:07 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Nice find I guess... but you guys are absolutely killing yourself re-watching this game.  Time to enjoy the off season and decompose.

Decompress?  LMAO Cool
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 10:40 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: The loss certainly was a let down but it didn't kill me and I'm not ready to decompose yet.   Tongue

I’m going to celebrate our Super Bowl appearance. Win or lose we got there. We got there with a shitshow offensive line and almost beat a stacked and loaded team in their own house.
Reply/Quote
lol decompose or decompress.... either way I think you'd be relaxing :)
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 10:40 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: The loss certainly was a let down but it didn't kill me and I'm not ready to decompose yet.   Tongue

Likewise, I want to see this team win a Super Bowl first!
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 10:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m going to celebrate our Super Bowl appearance.  Win or lose we got there.  We got there with a shitshow offensive line and almost beat a stacked and loaded team in their own house.

True but I hope I'll see the Bengals win a Super Bowl before I decompose.   Wink

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 10:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m going to celebrate our Super Bowl appearance.  Win or lose we got there.  We got there with a shitshow offensive line and almost beat a stacked and loaded team in their own house.

Good for you, I hope you enjoy it.  We made a great, surprising run.  What we found out was that if our key guys stepped up on a couple plays and our coaches tweaked just a little we have that title.  If we are going to go, might as well win it.

We are all happy with this unexpected season and the future is bright, not sure why we have to act as if we cant still critique the game?  I plan on going back, if just showing up is the top of the mountain for some... great, Im not here to judge anyone.

I like to look at plays in all games win or lose, especially the Super Bowl, been a fan since the late 70's, dont let others discussion of in game situations get in the way of your celebrating though.  
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 10:58 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: True but I hope I'll see the Bengals win a Super Bowl before I decompose.   Wink

We will, George. We will see multiple Lombardi Trophies displayed in Paul Brown Stadium.
Reply/Quote
Pain.....
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 11:01 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We are all happy with this unexpected season and the future is bright, not sure why we have to act as if we cant still critique the game? 

I’ll get more critical when free agency and the draft approach.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 11:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’ll get more critical when free agency and the draft approach.

I wish I wasnt so skeptical about free agency.  But i'd rather be happily surprised than let down...

That said we sure picked the right guys on defense the last 2 years, so maybe...
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 10:04 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We all witnessed his first drop of the year on a crucial 3rd down late in the game.  

But early in the 3rd qtr, after the 1st play bomb to Tee, and immediate interception by Awuzie.  We drive down into the redzone to take total charge of the game.

CJ is wide and Boyd motions out towards CJ.  CJ runs a Go and clears the outside, he actually ends up blocking the safety as if he knew TB was getting the quick hitch.

We may or may not had scored had we got this completion, but 1st down  and at the most - 7 yard line with a ton of momentum would had been interesting.

We could this all day for others also.  For example two big plays that cost us from Burrow

1. 4 and 1 on first drive, he forces one to Chase into coverage and Perine is uncovered enough for a easy 1st down, Rams drive down and score
2.  2nd series , 3rd and 4, Evans makes great move gets behind defense open down sideline good chance to go for a TD, Burrow overthrows him. 

Rarely is any player going to play a perfect game so there are going to be multiple plays that could have changed the outcome
Reply/Quote

You mean decompress or you're already dead? 
Reply/Quote