Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyd is a Bust
He is.

Where the hell was he today? Was expecting a good showing from him.
Reply/Quote
And the dumbest post award goes to....
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:14 PM)Sweetness Wrote: And the dumbest post award goes to....

To be fair, I meant "was a bust".

Not sure what I was thinking there.
Reply/Quote
Boyd is not a bust he just has a terrible QB
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:17 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: To be fair, I meant "was a bust".

Not sure what I was thinking there.

You used "is" in both the title and your post. But if you really meant was, then I can agree he had a bad game. It happens to every receiver, especially rookies. 
Reply/Quote
He is a rookie on a Marvin Lewis team. That is a big no-no.
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing he got the double coverage without AJ out there. Lafell was left with single coverage all day long and did well. I guess Pittsburgh wanted less of Boyd and more of lafell??

... Or maybe Boyd just had a bad game, I don't know.
Reply/Quote
Was this thread started by Skip Bayless?
Reply/Quote
He's on a busted offense, so hard to gauge if he will be a bust or not. Personally I think he will be fine.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He is a slot Wr not a #2 everyone knew this going into the season. We need more vertical threats on the outside to help him out.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
LOL
Reply/Quote
Boyd is producing more as a rookie than MLJ and Sanu combined.

What do people expect? If this team was 11-3, Boyd would be getting all kinds of praise. I get it though...everyone outside of AJ Green is going to catch the wrath of the fans. Seems kinda silly with Boyd though. He's having a fine season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 11:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Boyd is producing more as a rookie than MLJ and Sanu combined.

What do people expect? If this team was 11-3, Boyd would be getting all kinds of praise. I get it though...everyone outside of AJ Green is going to catch the wrath of the fans. Seems kinda silly with Boyd though. He's having a fine season.

Yep. Isn't that the way it goes here? The players get villainized (Dillon, Pickens, Palmer, Spikes, etc)
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 11:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Isn't that the way it goes here? The players get villainized (Dillon, Pickens, Palmer, Spikes, etc)

It's a coping mechanism.  You have to blame the pieces of the puzzle that can change or else you'll go crazy waiting for Mike Brown and his offspring and their tenured coaches who won't get hired by other organizations to depart.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 11:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Isn't that the way it goes here? The players get villainized (Dillon, Pickens, Palmer, Spikes, etc)

I'm fine with criticism when it's warranted, but I don't think guys like Atkins, Dunlap, Dalton, Boyd, LaFell, Tez or the CBs are reasons why we're losing. Yet all have been roasted at some point.

We're losing for the following reasons.

1. The o-line has been abysmal
2. The run game has sucked all season. It's been 90's level bad.
3. Lack of pass rush
4. RZ offense. Particularly passing.

I mean, there might be a few other issues, but this is 90% of the reason we're 5-8-1 right now. Some players are playing well, or at least decent considering the circumstances, but it's not enough to make up for the glaring issues we have. Mind you I don't think Atkins, Dunlap, Dalton, Pacman, LaFell, etc are having great seasons by any stretch...but they've been pretty good. Just not as good as in the past and not good enough to make up for the problems I listed.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 11:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm fine with criticism when it's warranted, but I don't think guys like Atkins, Dunlap, Dalton, Boyd, LaFell, Tez or the CBs are reasons why we're losing. Yet all have been roasted at some point.

3. Lack of pass rush

I mean, there might be a few other issues, but this is 90% of the reason we're 5-8-1 right now. Some players are playing well, or at least decent considering the circumstances, but it's not enough to make up for the glaring issues we have. Mind you I don't think Atkins, Dunlap, Dalton, Pacman, LaFell, etc are having great seasons by any stretch...but they've been pretty good. Just not as good as in the past and not good enough to make up for the problems I listed.

this pretty much sums it up

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Boyd is going to be fine. The young man is going to be stalwart for this club for years to come imo.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 11:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's a coping mechanism.  You have to blame the pieces of the puzzle that can change or else you'll go crazy waiting for Mike Brown and his offspring and their tenured coaches who won't get hired by other organizations to depart.

Yep. As is the draft. Fans will make lists of positions that we need players at...and act like we drafted 7 future starters.

Dude...I used to do this stuff for years. Years.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 11:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm fine with criticism when it's warranted, but I don't think guys like Atkins, Dunlap, Dalton, Boyd, LaFell, Tez or the CBs are reasons why we're losing. Yet all have been roasted at some point.

3. Lack of pass rush

It's weird. I think for the most part the effort of the players has been decent. They've atleast tried most of the time...which when we had talent the past 5 years I couldn't always say.

I agree with the reasons you listed.
Reply/Quote
This season is a bust.
Reply/Quote