Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyd is a Bust
(12-18-2016, 09:14 PM)Sweetness Wrote: And the dumbest post award goes to....

(12-18-2016, 09:18 PM)Trademark Wrote: Boyd is not a bust he just has a terrible QB

You gave that award out a couple posts too early, Sweet.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Where was T. Eifert today?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He had more catches and more yards than Eifert on the same amount of targets. So guess that means Eifert is a bust too.

Or could be the fact that this offense scripted it's plays a lot of the time (count how many times they motion the WR and run the ball, it'll drive you crazy rewatching it), Zampese struggled with halftime adjustments as always, and overall poor execution.

And hey, Boyd ranks 4th among all rookie WRs in yards. 3rd in receptions. Most 3rd down catches for a 1st down among all rookies.

And he was doing this in an offense where he was the #3 guy and only saw 598 snaps this year.

He's been in on less than 57% snaps 5 games this year. 2 times under 40%. 1 game at 35%

He's a rookie and has actually done well when they have looked to him. I can think of one time he messed up (TD catch against Giants). But plays like that happen. I'd like to see more of Boyd on the outside and more deep shots to him.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:13 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: He is.

Where the hell was he today? Was expecting a good showing from him.

Tyler Boyd was double and triple covered all day.  The Steelers always do that to their opponent's primary receiver -- something Paul Guenther should learn to do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

This has to be a joke. Is AJ a bust he only went for 20 something yards in the first meeting, is Eifert a bust how many catches did he have today? People need to stop with these stupid overreaction post because a ***** team lost and players didn't play well.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 03:49 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You gave that award out a couple posts too early, Sweet.

I did indeed. Unfortunately I'm not a barbarian and don't do take backs. 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:18 PM)Trademark Wrote: Boyd is not a bust he just has a terrible QB

We have a new victor for dumbest post, just a few posts later!  This thread is off to good start
Reply/Quote

Welp these boards have officially gone off the deep end. 

I may hang em up until training camp.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 10:00 PM)J24 Wrote: He is a slot Wr not a #2 everyone knew this going into the season. We need more vertical threats on the outside to help him out.

Ahhh.  Factual information and insight.  You saved the thread.  

This is dead on.  Boyd will be TJ, AJ is Chad, the only thing missing is a Chris Henry.  Here's to hoping that Cody Core is the answer.

Plus, they have a solid corps of TEs, although they seem lost on how to use them.
Reply/Quote

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  
I HOPE THIS IS NOT A BENGALS FAN.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 11:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm fine with criticism when it's warranted, but I don't think guys like Atkins, Dunlap, Dalton, Boyd, LaFell, Tez or the CBs are reasons why we're losing. Yet all have been roasted at some point.

We're losing for the following reasons.

1. The o-line has been abysmal
2. The run game has sucked all season. It's been 90's level bad.
3. Lack of pass rush
4. RZ offense. Particularly passing.

I mean, there might be a few other issues, but this is 90% of the reason we're 5-8-1 right now. Some players are playing well, or at least decent considering the circumstances, but it's not enough to make up for the glaring issues we have. Mind you I don't think Atkins, Dunlap, Dalton, Pacman, LaFell, etc are having great seasons by any stretch...but they've been pretty good. Just not as good as in the past and not good enough to make up for the problems I listed.

You forgot kicking.....but that's been at least addressed.  Trench play has been the MAIN issue all year, as you noted here.  Both sides of the ball are playing like they squat to pee.  They're PATHETIC.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 10:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ahhh.  Factual information and insight.  You saved the thread.  

This is dead on.  Boyd will be TJ, AJ is Chad, the only thing missing is a Chris Henry.  Here's to hoping that Cody Core is the answer.

Plus, they have a solid corps of TEs, although they seem lost on how to use them.

This team hasn't known how to use a TE since maybe the late 80's. They basically use them as a glorified 6th offensive lineman.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 11:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This team hasn't known how to use a TE since maybe the late 80's. They basically use them as a glorified 6th offensive lineman.

They haven't covered many since then either.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 10:28 AM)Wyche Wrote: You forgot kicking.....but that's been at least addressed.  Trench play has been the MAIN issue all year, as you noted here.  Both sides of the ball are playing like they squat to pee.  They're PATHETIC.

Yep. Kicking cost us 2 wins at least, but like you said, trench play took a big step back on both sides, and as they say...games are won and lost in the trenches. The d-line has been neglected for too long and PA has drafted some real busts on the o-line. Now we're reaping the result.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote